You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Killzone650

MatchMaker - A Novel Idea

180 comments in this topic

53 posts
4,709 battles

I have a novel suggestion for Match-Maker, excuse me if it has been suggested before. Just thinking a bit outside the box here.

What if Match-Maker was reconfigured to make battles with ships ALL FROM THE SAME LEVEL ????!!  You know right...a fair fight between all participants !!

Seriously though, every single player I talk to is dissatisfied with how Match-Maker functions, in fact is the major cause why experienced players rage-quit this game. The designers may think players want the challenge of a Tier 5 cruiser against a Tier 7 battleship, but really, they don't... they really really don't. They want a fair fight against similarly equipped opponents.

Why don't you guys just trial the idea, you know, have a week where all battles are with same-level ships and make it so you can only division with ships of the same level. If certain levels don't reach maximum players for a  game, then after 2mins of queuing start the game with smaller numbers on a smaller map. Just try it for a week. I think you will be stunned at the response from players.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I have a novel suggestion for Match-Maker, excuse me if it has been suggested before. Just thinking a bit outside the box here.

What if Match-Maker was reconfigured to make battles with ships ALL FROM THE SAME LEVEL ????!!  You know right...a fair fight between all participants !!

Seriously though, every single player I talk to is dissatisfied with how Match-Maker functions, in fact is the major cause why experienced players rage-quit this game. The designers may think players want the challenge of a Tier 5 cruiser against a Tier 7 battleship, but really, they don't... they really really don't. They want a fair fight against similarly equipped opponents.

Why don't you guys just trial the idea, you know, have a week where all battles are with same-level ships and make it so you can only division with ships of the same level. If certain levels don't reach maximum players for a  game, then after 2mins of queuing start the game with smaller numbers on a smaller map. Just try it for a week. I think you will be stunned at the response from players.

That is basically coop mm...

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

And with T5 cruiser vs T7 battleship... I LOVED that time when I circled an enemy Nagato with my Omaha and killed him from full HP while sustaining minimum damage

53 posts
4,709 battles

And with T5 cruiser vs T7 battleship... I LOVED that time when I circled an enemy Nagato with my Omaha and killed him from full HP while sustaining minimum damage

Yeah, and you only did that because the Nagato captain was a total nub. An experienced Nagato captain wouldn't have gotten into that situation and absolutely destroyed you. Sure its rewarding taking out a higher tier ship, but lets talk about battles involving similarly skilled players. A highly skilled t5 can kill a lowly skilled t7, but highly skilled  t7 v highly skilled t5...t7 gonna win that the vast majority of the times and the reason is hes in a ship way more powerful than the other similarly skilled guy.

Look, I get that some players would like the status quo, but the majority don't, so why not give this a trial? Maybe, you can end up with both options in Match-Maker.

Edited by Killzone650

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Yeah, and you only did that because the Nagato captain was a total nub. An experienced Nagato captain wouldn't have gotten into that situation and absolutely destroyed you. Sure its rewarding taking out a higher tier ship, but lets talk about battles involving similarly skilled players. A highly skilled t5 can kill a lowly skilled t7, but highly skilled  t7 v highly skilled t5...t7 gonna win that the vast majority of the times.

he wasn't a noob, not that much of a noob anyways. He was stuck between a rock and the border so he couldn't turn much and I only got spotted when he rounded the island at 3km. His guns didn't turn fast enough

53 posts
4,709 battles

he wasn't a noob, not that much of a noob anyways. He was stuck between a rock and the border so he couldn't turn much and I only got spotted when he rounded the island at 3km. His guns didn't turn fast enough

So ask yourself if you in an Omaha fought yourself in a Nagato, who would win?...case closed.

53 posts
4,709 battles

The new mm is already a lot better than before and most matches are perfectly balanced

Ok, thanks for your input, lets hear from other players,

Also, while one team of 4 t5, 6 t4 2 t3 v another team of 4 t5, 6t4 2t3 appears balanced on the surface, I bet the t3 players on both sides aren't rubbing their hands with glee at this match.

Edited by Killzone650

266 posts
5,135 battles

Well, I'm one of those players who like the challenge of being the bottom tier. A perfectly equal tier MM would be boring, imho.

Besides, tier gap isn't that much of an issue in this game. Tier 6 ships is capable of defeating a tier 8, and a tier 8 can also beat tier 10, as long as you know how to outplay your opponent. The main issue of the MM was the disparity in number of each class (ex 3 DD vs 6 DD) but it has been mostly fixed in the latest patch.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

So ask yourself if you in an Omaha fought yourself in a Nagato, who would win?...case closed.

Who asked you (Omaha) to go "rambo" against Nagato anyways? That's the question.

53 posts
4,709 battles

Who asked you (Omaha) to go "rambo" against Nagato anyways? That's the question.

No, that's not the point all, you seemed to have missed it.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

9.5/10 nagato will win over omaha. hp, armor and fire power wise. omaha cant even angle against nagato 16inch guns...

its very situational for omaha to win over nagato like fenrir has stated.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

No, that's not the point all, you seemed to have missed it.

Next question: Shouldn't Cruiser (Omaha) be hunting destroyers (if any) & supporting your teammates? e.g.: Allied DD capping, AA support, etc.

53 posts
4,709 battles

Again, please consider the opening post against similarly skilled opponents, some of you are stating you love the challenge and quote examples where you beat totals nubs, which you would have beaten..or should have beaten, if they were in a ship 5 tiers above you.

266 posts
5,135 battles

And Ming, you are talking about tactical situations which this thread is not about.

You seem to forget that this is tactical, team vs team game. Not a 1 vs 1 game. If WoWs was a 1 vs 1 game, ofc I would agree with you. But the point of this game is how to work together with your teammates, doing your roles, what you're supposed to do in a ship that you sailed with. You need to consider what your ship can and cannot do while playing, not blindly shooting at every enemy you see.

If you picked a bad fight like fighting Nagato in an Omaha like you mentioned, then it's your fault to begin with, not the MM.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Because the issue is, you don't assess battle line-up & the situations. You are ignoring that aspect, which is the strategy, and succumbed to your weaknesses. That's why I asked you:

53 posts
4,709 battles

Wow, talk about derailing a thread.

Opening post made.

Fenrir responds with an example where he beat a nub Nagato with an Omaha.

I respond stating Nagato was a nub captain, and a hypothetical situation if he could play against himself one on one. Omaha v Nagato..who would win.

Everyone else now focusing on tactics and the Omaha v Nagato scenario,

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I for one am already satisfied with the current MM.

Now it only needs to account for faildivs and we'll be set.

still need some tweak. there are games where there are two dd in other side while we dont have any but we do have division team of cruisers. not sure if division influence the distribution of ships.

also cv should have +/-1 MM not +/-2.

266 posts
5,135 battles

Wow, talk about derailing a thread.

Opening post made.

Fenrir responds with an example where he beat a nub Nagato with an Omaha.

I respond stating Nagato was a nub captain, and a hypothetical situation if he could play against himself one on one. Omaha v Nagato..who would win.

Everyone else now focusing on tactics and the Omaha v Nagato scenario,

I for one, think you should improve your reading comprehension before complaining about MM.

53 posts
4,709 battles

I for one, think you should improve your reading comprehension before complaining about MM.

I don't want to get into a fight with you...but just pointing out, I wasn't the one in the Nagato/Omaha fight, that was Fenrir. I am fully aware that you don't blindly charging & firing willy/nilly. I am also aware that group tactics are required to take down a strong opponent. Again, this thread isn't about tactics.

266 posts
5,135 battles

I don't want to get into a fight with you...but just pointing out, I wasn't the one in the Nagato/Omaha fight, that was Fenrir. I am fully aware that you don't blindly charging & firing willy/nilly. I am also aware that group tactics are required to take down a strong opponent. Again, this thread isn't about tactics.

I don't want to get a fight with you either, but let me just get this straight.

You want an equal tier MM, right? An MM where ALL ships are from the same tier?

Your supporting argument is that players don't want to fight against higher tier ships.

And then we responded,

That the current MM is fine as it is.

That some players actually like the challenge.

That a lower tier ships can fight higher tier ships just fine.

That this game is a tactical game, not a duel, so there is no need for equal tier MM.

... and how did you come to the conclusion that we are derailing this thread?

1,230 posts
2,354 battles

I am also aware that group tactics are required to take down a strong opponent. Again, this thread isn't about tactics.

​​How can you talk about MM wtihout mentioning tactics?

MM makes you team and all you should do is adapt to the situation, and know where you should be, and when.

Stating Omaha and Nagato fight is not de-railing, it is an example of a situation to say, MM (tier only) is fine the way it is.

MM was fixed a lot for last patch.