amade

FAQ: How to invite friends using the Referral Program

21 comments in this topic

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Since there has been some confusion regarding the new Referral Program I've made this thread to help make the process easier for both the recruiter and the recruit. The intended audience of this guide is for the recruiter, since the recruits themselves are not likely to be visiting the forums yet. The recruiter can use this guide to help their recruit to accept invites properly, or they can link this thread to the recruit.

HOW DO I INVITE A FRIEND?

To invite a friend, your account needs to be at level 3 or higher, and have played at least one battle within the past 90 days.

Visit the referral portal and login to your account. You will get a referral link, copy it and share it with your friend.

9OaJ6mU.jpg

The referral link will take your friend to this page (if they haven't logged in):

PDq53rx.jpg

If your friend has not created an account yet, they need to click on the CREATE ACCOUNT button and follow the process of creating an account.

During account creation, your friend may also use any invite codes if they have one.

After creating the account and following the confirmation link, your friend should now see this page:

rPfMxVN.jpg

IMPORTANT: Once your friend has created their account, they might not be automatically be brought back to the referral link to accept the invitation! In other words, they still haven't accepted your invitation yet even though they have created a new account. Make sure your friend goes back to the referral link again and make sure they use the LOG IN button this time (if they haven't logged in yet).

All your friend has to do now is click on the ACCEPT INVITATION button. Your friend should now see this message:

F7I682O.jpg?1

If the message does not appear and your friend got a "Try again later" message instead, it means the referral server is probably currently overloaded. Tell your friend to try again later (depending on traffic it could be a few minutes, hours or a day). Your friend can either wait until they can accept the invite, or they can start playing anyway and try again later. However, make sure they try to accept the invite before reaching account level 3. There is no pressure to participate in the program! What is important is you get your friend hooked into the game and you have someone new to play with. The referral program is entirely optional, but you and your friend will miss out on the rewards if they don't accept the invitation.

If you or your friend are unsure whether or not your friend has been recruited, you can ask them to go to the referral link again. They should see this page if they are already recruited:

fZJoxZV.jpg

You and your friend can now play together in WoWS and get the rewards :-)

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

I just posted my "invite" link on book face, first come basis

There is no limit to how many you can invite, but there is a limit to how many times you can get rewarded as a recruiter.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

There is no limit to how many you can invite, but there is a limit to how many times you can get rewarded as a recruiter.

so if lengxv6 invite 9 player, all 9 will receive the reward (diana) and if only5 of them manage to endure the sealclubbing and reach tier 6, to receive their Texas, (4 other stop playing) then lengxv6 only receive 3x bonus reward right?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

so if lengxv6 invite 9 player, all 9 will receive the reward (diana) after they play at least 1 battle and if only5 of them manage to endure the sealclubbing and reach tier 6, to receive their Texas, (4 other stop playing) then lengxv6 only receive 3x bonus reward right?

Fixed.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

PVE or PVP for diana tho it didnt really say :< 

I've tested this with an alt. As long as your friend hasn't reached level 3 yet he can accept the invite, and will be able to get a Diana after 1 battle (either PvE or PVP).

496 posts
4,165 battles

alright thanks 

I've tested this with an alt. As long as your friend hasn't reached level 3 yet he can accept the invite, and will be able to get a Diana after 1 battle (either PvE or PVP).

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

I just done my newbie ID and got tier 6 already and already played tier 6 first game play

I don't know play with your friend, this friend should be primary ID play with newbie ID together with tier 6 or not?

I'm done tier 6 and played already 2 times

14917028_1672314156412061_40683497616626

2 posts
2,992 battles

Does the recruiter also get the Diana and the texas? I and one of my friends didn't join though a referral, can I still claim rewards? 

32 posts
2,830 battles

Hi,

What kind comps and give away items that could get me a Diana?

Is it through event? Quests? ...or any particular tasks to do?

I am an ..... old player... as old as I got almost all T6 classes of different trees and nations, and I want a Diana. 

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
6 hours ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

Hi,

What kind comps and give away items that could get me a Diana?

Is it through event? Quests? ...or any particular tasks to do?

I am an ..... old player... as old as I got almost all T6 classes of different trees and nations, and I want a Diana. 

You need a new account. When you start a new account using someone's referral code, you get a Diana and a Texas.

As far as I know, you get Diana after your first win, and you get Texas after you unlock your first tier 6 from tech tree. You cannot use code in an existing account. You have to start a new one.

Alternatively, often there are missions for low tier free ships, but there is no saying when one for Diana will be back.

Lastly, you can find her in premium shop or in tech tree for doubloon purchase time to time. Again, we don't know any exact appearance date.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,110 battles
On ‎7‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 6:42 PM, Pink_ND said:

Now I'm just intrigued.

You made 4 posts in the forum.   These two quotes with nothing added then another two posts that just say "test".  Maybe its time you typed something and let us know what you actually want?