Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kavatron

Cruisers

2 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
48 posts
67 battles

Light vs Heavy. Should there be a tier cap?

Personally I'd like to see Light Cruisers like the Emden - not the WWI variety - to be capped at tier VIII whereas your Heavy Cruiser like the Deutschland would be capped at tier IX but still capable of venturing into tier X battles. For WoT reference I'm calling a Light Cruiser a 'medium' vehicle and a Heavy Cruiser..well a 'heavy' vehicle.

Some numbers for support:

Emden: 8 x 15cm and 3 x 8.8cm guns along with four 20 inch torpedo tubes.

Deutschland: 6 x 28cm guns ( in triple turrets ) and 8 x 15cm guns along with eight 21 inch tubes.

Then I look at the armour. 2 inches around the belt on Emden and 3.1 inches on the Deutschland. You can use those numbers as a general idea of how most nations armed and protected their light and heavy cruisers, I'm not going to post data about every individual cruiser of the time. Speeds and displacement I find irrelevant when trying to find the right tiering for a vessel.

Thoughts, criticisms welcome.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
944 posts
5,640 battles

to help out the smaller ship there are not going to be 15 players per side like WoT, instead they are going to have 15 slots per side a 1x CV takes 1 slot.

1x BB/BC takes up 1 slot, but 2x cruisers take up 1 slot and 4x DD's take up 1 slot. (or numbers along that line) 

from pre-release wiki. you can see they have Deutshland class in at teir4 BB line. (would prefer if it was in cruiser line).

~~Germany - KM¶
  Unknown Line Unknown Line
II Nassau Class  
III Helgoland Class  
IV Kaiser Class.    Deutschland Class
V König Class .   P Class
VI Bayern Class 
VII Scharnhorst Class
VIII Bismarck Class
IX H39 
X H41

Sign in to follow this