You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Teostra

zao

49 comments in this topic

295 posts
6,613 battles

i just want to know what do you guys think about zao, i wouldn't say she is OP but annoying,yes, very very annoying, i would rather meet yamato in my iowa than zao, at least yamato need 30 seconds to deal heavy damage and you can angling to minimize damage, but zao? yeah, good luck with that

496 posts
4,171 battles

Zao will just burn you alive XD

Zao has abit meh turn rate well i dont mind it a problem since i started sailing it

but she does have poor side armor like the rest of the ijn cruisers

the torp well i dont bother using them as they are located at the rear end like just above the propellers 

the torp is good when running away from enemy

Zao have great range and somewhat decent accuracy

^ i shoot DD with my Zao better than in my other ships

good support ship overall but unable to tank damages very well

use HE only unless close range combat =D

Edited by ShiraYukira

266 posts
5,142 battles

Ehh... I disagree. Zao is annoying and OP.

Moskva's and Yamato's guns are also OP, but at least they are huge and turn like a brick. Zao on the other hand? Nimble, amazing concealment, great armor, broken HE, good AP, flat shell arc, plus fast and hard hitting torps as a bonus. The only meh thing about Zao is weak AA, but the current lack of CVs have left her with virtually no weakness...

All hail goddess Zao~~!! :izmena:

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

You can Citadel Iowa and probably Yamato

You can invis firing

You can 

well what ever

This is a Dream ship other than Mosvka and Yamato

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,493 battles

The most annoying thing about Zao from a DD prespective is that she is invisifire-proof unless someone else spots or she fires... or if they decide not to take CE for some odd reason.

295 posts
6,613 battles

The most annoying thing about Zao from a DD prespective is that she is invisifire-proof unless someone else spots or she fires... or if they decide not to take CE for some odd reason.

trust me that's is also annoying for a battleship, a zao can deal 5k+ damage every salvo on my iowa and that's not including fire damage

i think WG need to nerf her burn chance and concealment, or just burn chance and dispersion

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Khabarovsk is more annoying for me.

at least you can return fire to Zao, even if it deflected there is saisfiying feeling to be able to shoot back

if you got stalked by khabarovsk firing invi non stop without being able to shoot back, nor escape the persuit. is most annoying feeling ever onBB

Edited by humusz

435 posts
6,169 battles

Zao brings out the fear in everyone even when she is first sighted in the team list. You just haven’t figure out how to captain her yet.

Tips: Swoop in to destroy DDs, swing out to burn BBs and sprinkle citadels into those cruisers. Best with a sheath build and from the shadows gameplay.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

for the size of the Zao she really needs comcealment nerf. How on earth does a massive ship like that have better detection than the Myoko which is smaller by a fair bit

59 posts
4,533 battles

for the size of the Zao she really needs comcealment nerf. How on earth does a massive ship like that have better detection than the Myoko which is smaller by a fair bit

Okay, think about this.

How many times had the Allies seen the Myoko back in WW2? And how many times had the Allies seen Zao in WW2?

I thought so. Proof of concept. Your argument is invalid.

Jokes aside, I thought the Zao can't invisi-fire anymore after the CE mechanics had been reworked?

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Okay, think about this.

How many times had the Allies seen the Myoko back in WW2? And how many times had the Allies seen Zao in WW2?

I thought so. Proof of concept. Your argument is invalid.

Jokes aside, I thought the Zao can't invisi-fire anymore after the CE mechanics had been reworked?

nah it still can... Just a little less space to work with

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,040 battles

In my Montana i would rather shoot at a broadside Zao than a broadside Yamato, It's so irritating to be burned alive with 4 fires after 2-3 salvos from a Zao. What is equally annoying about Zao's is that they all seem to know what the WASD hack is, as soon as they get spotted they start angling away immediately so you can never get a clean shot off at them, It's almost like they know everyone hates them and will target them with extreme prejudice as soon as they are visible.

496 posts
4,171 battles

well every nation have an advantage in a certain field in their ships right? talking about burn don't you feel those des moine hurts alot too ? welp

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

well every nation have an advantage in a certain field in their ships right? talking about burn don't you feel those des moine hurts alot too ? welp

Yes, that ship have greatest of firepower afterall but ugliest shell characteristic

I rather shoot a Battleship with that Cruiser rather than another cruiser

496 posts
4,171 battles

Yes, that ship have greatest of firepower afterall but ugliest shell characteristic

I rather shoot a Battleship with that Cruiser rather than another cruiser

hmm idk Battleships are yummy targets to set fire on but prefer shooting DD <- mein shots were somewhat amazingly accurate rng ? idk but cruiser to cruiser well only if i have to...

507 posts
9,828 battles

Zao has a thin profile.So shooting her at Range can be a little bit of a challenge. Des moines on the other hand is larger and easier to land shells on IMO and most of them camp behind islands so..

496 posts
4,171 battles

Zao has a thin profile.So shooting her at Range can be a little bit of a challenge. Des moines on the other hand is larger and easier to land shells on IMO and most of them camp behind islands so..

yeah >_> Zao is smaller 

and i shoot my guns near maximum range 

cuz im a scrub XD

anyways one of the disadvantage of  the zao is the rudder shift time , i don't know about the des moines 's rudder time

but yeah Zao is slightly slow on the rudder plus

a broadside by AP shells from Des moine or maybe slow tier 8-9 BB well its gonna hurt.