You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Reubster_defender

Commander levels

7 comments in this topic

44 posts

Hi Guys,

I love the game and have been playing for some time. I work full time and have a house full of people so I really only get an hour or so when kids are in bed and its me time (I try for every night). I have bought quite a few premium ships, I really love the older style ships, Diana, Mikasa, Marblehead the little ones Campbeltown and the Sims and ofcourse the big gun, the mighty Tirpitz. What I would like to see is a good commander come with premium ships, having to grind up one is something I don't have time for, so I buy them use them a little to get commander up to tier 3 abilities then I find the grind is huge to continue levelling them and drop back to my main ships where my commanders are already high level. I know you can swap Commanders back and forth from premiums but I would prefer them to have their own commander. I do know that I have wanted to purchase new ships but haven't based on I already have enough commanders low level I need to work on and face it a good commander makes a good ship even better! Might be something to think about as I said I wanted the texas and the Arizona but I didn't buy them purely due to I don't have time to work on the commanders or move them around etc etc

Thanks Reubster

44 posts

I  was referring to premium ships already purchased having commanders with points, like they do with the ARP ship captains and am not saying hey I want to just buy captains...

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I  was referring to premium ships already purchased having commanders with points, like they do with the ARP ship captains and am not saying hey I want to just buy captains...

maybe make it so that when you buy a premium ship they can duplicate your highest point commander, so you wont be seeing people with a Tirpitz with 15 point commander when they have like 150 total battles. or duplicate any commander of  of your own choice and no skills mastered only points
Edited by FenrirApalis

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

maybe make it so that when you buy a premium ship they can duplicate your highest point commander, so you wont be seeing people with a Tirpitz with 15 point commander when they have like 150 total battles. or duplicate any commander of  of your own choice and no skills mastered only points

More pay to win options...

A 15pt commander takes a helluva long time investment- Even with premium.

No. 

They're uncommon.

They should stay that way.

44 posts

More pay to win options...

A 15pt commander takes a helluva long time investment- Even with premium.

No.

They're uncommon.

They should stay that way.

I agree, I don't think a full 15 point commander is feasible but I was thinking more on the lines of a sliding scale commander IE: the average level commander on a tier 5 ship is tier 6 so a commander of like level comes with ship. ofcourse a level two ship might only have two points an eight level ship might still only have 6 points it would depend on the averages. Just the full grind on a premium makes the purchased ship seem weak at lower levels and may deter others from getting one etc etc  Perhaps a commander skill level cap at 10 points or something to keep things fair.

Beta Tester
48 posts
18,367 battles

I got excited when i saw the heading of this discussion but then realized its not in line with my commander skill issue's saying that my thoughts on the issues raised with premium ships and commanders I think whoever mentioned arp ships and tier 6 commanders perhaps it would be fair to get the same with a premium ship, although I use my premium ships to grind commanders and my average base xp per game is close to 1400 so with modifiers lifts quite a bit and i dont regard a level 6 commander as anything great I personally think at level 6 commander you are probably still learning the finer points of the ship .

2 other thoughts i have are

1/ the xp signal flags boosters xp , commanders xp and free xp were purchasable as a bundle for a little while would be nice if this cycled through the premium shop from time to time 1 a month or once every 2 months

2/ commanders should not be capped (effectively) at level 18 I think level 20 (obviously still using the increasing xp required scale to reach them ie 500,000 for tier 19 and 750,000 for 20) would be better as it allows a commander to have 2 tier 4 or 5 skills