You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

Asking teammates to finish off enemies

39 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

just wondering if there are any other players out there who would shoot an enemy to super low HP and just decide to let allies finish them off instead of using your own gun reload. Eg: my Colorado shoots enemy Nagato from 40k HP to like 5k, I can choose to use my next salvo to finish him off but I go in chat, tell allies to finish him off while I switched to a more healthy target. Angling away from that Nagato too of course. I did this in ranked, sometimes in Random too

is it just me who doesnt really care about the actual kill? Especially in competetive play

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Depends.

If I'm using a battleship and the enemy is a cruiser or destroyer with less than 2k HP, I'd avoid them. But if they were a battleship, I'd gladly fire off my entire salvo.

Why I can't just fire one turret is a mystery.

Salvo mentality too stronk.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Depends.

If I'm using a battleship and the enemy is a cruiser or destroyer with less than 2k HP, I'd avoid them. But if they were a battleship, I'd gladly fire off my entire salvo.

Why I can't just fire one turret is a mystery.

Salvo mentality too stronk.

if you fire only one torret rng will probably make them miss

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

i always point out low HP ships and ask team mates to finish them off asap.

Any enemy ship that I do mass amounts of damage to like citadels or torpedo hits that leaves them on low HP, ill point them out and hope my team can kill them before my guns have reloaded.

Taking enemy guns out of a battle asap is the best thing to do as any ship, even on 1 HP can still help the enemy team win.

I my self have been left on 3 HP and still got kills and help my team win in a battle.

265 posts
799 battles

depends. if she presents a substantial threat then taking her out would be top priority. if she's bugging out I'll gladly switch target and let some lucky fellow secure the kill

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

well I had two CA and a DD on my team shooting at that Nagato when I scored that big shot so I was pretty sure he didnt have a chance

Edited by FenrirApalis

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

I try and get my team mates to finish them off. The enemy ships mostly try to disengage.

Depends on range and who is around you and the enemies position. 

In a recent game i did most exp/damage on my team for 2 kills. My division mate had 7 kills. He polished off damaged ships very nicely. 

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I try and get my team mates to finish them off. The enemy ships mostly try to disengage.

Depends on range and who is around you and the enemies position. 

In a recent game i did most exp/damage on my team for 2 kills. My division mate had 7 kills. He polished off damaged ships very nicely. 

range is indeed a factor, if an enemy is like 17km away I would shoot them myself since the cruisers probably wont be able to do damage fast enough at that range or completely cant reach them

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,874 battles

In Random you usually don't have to ask since any low HP ship seems to become an immediate high priority target.

"Taking enemy guns out of a battle asap is the best thing to do as any ship, even on 1 HP can still help the enemy team win." - yoobo1972

The effectiveness is often reduced as you are more concerned with damage control or avoiding further damage than firing  and aiming but does WG apply any algorithm to reduce firing effectiveness on badly damaged ships ?

Apart from knocked out modules and guns.

Edited by Razide

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

In Random you usually don't have to ask since any low HP ship seems to become an immediate high priority target.

"Taking enemy guns out of a battle asap is the best thing to do as any ship, even on 1 HP can still help the enemy team win." - yoobo1972

The effectiveness is often reduced as you are more concerned with damage control or avoiding further damage than firing  and aiming but does WG apply any algorithm to reduce firing effectiveness on badly damaged ships ?

no I don't think they do.

but I myself have got kills when being on low HP and stat behind other friendly ships.

265 posts
799 battles

if they reduce the combat effectiveness via hard stats debuff aside of knocked out modules and guns, you couldn't recreate Samar. remember, USS Johnston got shot to bits and still went swinging till she sank

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

if target enemy is battleship and with low hp and uses his heal, i ask team-mates to finish him off to prevent him to from surviving long enough to deal more harm

if target is a high tier dd and about trying to run away to reclock its better to ask for teamates to help finish it off

if your allies are ignoring a low hp target and you are out of range or has no shots.

for me i dont mind not getting the kills, as long as i got most of the damage on a target i don't mind allies finishing off a target. you will never know if they have save you by finishing of that dying ship.

265 posts
799 battles

Does not matter to me the less enemy ships shooting at the team the better. Always sink ships that can be sunk according to Jingles.

when you only get to shoot barely twice every goddamned minute you'll learn that this is not a "hard and fast" rule
Edited by adnadi

265 posts
799 battles

Glad to see everyone else also suffers from salvo syndrome.

All the turrets or nothing.

it is called "accuracy by volume of fire" comrade. it's a russian thing 

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

The inner min-max gamer demands that I perfectly distribute my shots.

But my inner meticulous self demands that I fire full or half salvos.

One turret still has 10s of reload time to my next shot as a BB?

Wellp. Better wait 10 seconds before I fire another salvo, then.

266 posts
5,142 battles

I will leave them to teammates only if they didn't present any immediate threat.

I don't care about the kills, but after playing WoWs for so long, I've learned to never expect anything from random battle teammates...