You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

What are some keeper battleships?

43 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

I am a huge fan of battleships, I pretty much only play battleships (to be honest I can't play any other classes at all). So far, New York and New Mexico felt vastly superior to me than Kongo and Fuso, I was pretty frustrated with Fuso actually. Got tired of getting penetrated from every possible angle. At tier 7, I finally liked Nagato a lot more than Colorado, however, I only played small number of games. I unlocked Amagi, still haven't bought her though. But from my experience of test server, NC feels a lot better than Amagi because I play aggressive battleship.

What are some great battleships that you guys keep in ports? I need to sell some for credit and empty slots, so just wondering. May be I'll sell Fuso.

Edited by icy_phoenix

37 posts
3,511 battles

On the Russian server, a lot of fans of the battleships left "Fuso" in the port to continue the game on it and earn game money. + Pumped captain.
"AMAGI" Battleship suitable for aggressive play in divizion.I have to maneuver very well, so as not to take unnecessary damage!

Sorry for the Google translator :)

Edited by Matsuo_Base

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

I would say Kongou but with the amount of ARP versions of her now, shes in the sell category. Unless of course, you're not a fan of all the anime.

Fusou and New Mex seems to be the next best imo since you can "shotgun" and somewhat snipe pretty successfully with them.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Wyoming, New Mexico, North Carolina on the US side, every single IJN battleship from tier 5 with the exception of Izumo. Pick your poison.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

I do not play under tier 4 at all. I have heard only good things about Fuso, but I totally sucked with it. I found it very hard to deal damage with Fuso, while I am among the top 25% average damage dealer for New Mexico. But I kept Fuso so that I could give it another try. I can barely manage time to play now-a-days because of work, probably not going to happen.

For so many ARP ships, Kongo and Myoko are now not needed. I am hardly a fan of all these anime stuffs but I don't pass on them cause I am a ship (non-tech-tree) collector.

Now I have: Amagi, Tirpitz, Nagato, Colorado, Fuso, New Mexico, ARP Kongo Inc.

I want to have: Texas, Warspite, NC, Iowa, Montana, Yamato.

I played like 50 battles in test server in Montana, and I felt really good about it.

266 posts
5,142 battles

For some reason the only non-premium BB that leaves an impression to me are the Amagi and North Carolina only. The others doesn't really give me a lot of good memories. :unsure:

Yamato and Montana is a matter of course, though. Why wouldn't you keep tier X ships anyways...

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Forgot to mention, I also have the secondary boat MIKASA (She's a battleship after all)

YHmq0N0.jpg

Red text. Post edited. User warned.

~dead_man_walking

red is reserved for moderation and administrative posts/actions only.

Edited by dead_man_walking

435 posts
6,169 battles

Sad to here that you didn’t make in the Fuso, it’s one of the best, range, 12 guns firepower and speed. Yes you can tank in the New York, New Mexico and a little bit with the North Carolina but not in the Iowa or above tiers. If you tank at tier X, cruisers will burn you down before the Yamato can blow you out of the water.

Once you have master the throttle, rudder and the dodge (which you can’t do in the New York, New Mexico – too slow and what I have found out in the Iowa - dodging) the Fuso can become a real force to reckon with.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

USN BBs upto Lolorado has very good turning radius, and good concealment rating. Good AA as well, that means less chance of being targeted by CV early on. I usually play front line BB, and may be that's why didn't do well in Fuso. From my experience, Fuso cannot take damage if MM puts her in T7 or T8 matches, which is the most common case. USN BBs are generally better brawler. Well I have like 61% wr in Fuso, but that is team's credit, I barely contributed.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Both Fuso & New Mexico are popular keepers, some people even stops continuing the line and keep playing them..

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

New Mexico / Fusou

Nagato

NC / Amagi

Iowa

Yamato

I'll add the Montana and possibly colorado.

@R3 u just sold u North Carolina !!! 

@Slam if u added  Montana and Colorado you will ended up keeping half of all Battleship :D:D:D

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

@Slam if u added  Montana and Colorado you will ended up keeping half of all Battleship :D:D:D

what's wrong with that?  They are all good, some are just better at dishing out pain than others (Imp Nik) :P

Beta Tester
908 posts

@R3 u just sold u North Carolina !!! 

But I main BBs:D:D:D, I have the Warspite, Arizona, Tirpitz. Will be getting the Scarnhorst too haha.

Seriously, the Montana is hella more fun than the Yamato, 12 guns of goodness is scary for any CA.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

what's wrong with that?  They are all good, some are just better at dishing out pain than others (Imp Nik) :P

Well nothing wrong with that but i think keeping ship have to be distinguish over other otherwise you just keeping all ship :D:D:D

My list will be

- New Mex

- Nagato

- Amagi (i prefer North Carolina but Amagi is just better)

- Iowa

- Yamato/Montana (1 or both is ok but i suggest Yamato to save ur sanity lol)

But I main BBs:D:D:D, I have the Warspite, Arizona, Tirpitz. Will be getting the Scarnhorst too haha.

Seriously, the Montana is hella more fun than the Yamato, 12 guns of goodness is scary for any CA.

Really worries about up coming German BBs, im afraid i need 5 more slots :(

I never have Yamato myself but Montana is clearly more fun to play, who doesn't like 12 guns :trollface: