You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

16 comments in this topic

350 posts

If there is a post for the above tags, can someone at least point it out so I can post there instead of making this topic? 

This is just my personal thank you for making the detailed ribbon and damage indicator in the settings as it helped me understand why I am getting different values of damage every time I fire my ships' main guns.

Let's just say that I am getting deflected AP shells even in a cruiser if not a lot of over-penetrations in all the ships I targeted in my games hours earlier. 

Also, the damage indicator would be just as useful in damage based missions as I do not have to wait until the game ended to see how much damage I was making in the game itself.

Again, thank you for helping a scrub like myself in understanding the damage mechanics.

P.S. Once WG reads this message, can this thread be locked immediately? Thanks.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Yes, the new ribbons are indeed very helpful.

As for where to submit feedback, they usually put out feedback threads in PT section (if you tried it out in PT). But posting here is fine too. WG also occasionally sends surveys via email that you can fill out.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Sometimes it seems a bit glitchy though, I once got an over pen but did 5k damage

Was the target a battleship?

Super Tester
7,768 posts
8,043 battles

Got the survey after playing matches in PT. It's a good feature. There was a question about this feature, and I remember I responded something like: "Its a good feature, but not very useful" lol.

Good for experimenting though, if you can remember the good places on various ships that gives you penetration etc.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

did it on a cruiser once, did it on enemy DD a few times too

Need to see replays for those.

There is a certain bug w.r.t. overpens to citadels in which the shell gets counted twice so you end up with a normal pen plus overpen damage. But so far I've only seen it happen to battleships at very close range. Devs said this bug will be fixed in the future.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Need to see replays for those.

There is a certain bug w.r.t. overpens to citadels in which the shell gets counted twice so you end up with a normal pen plus overpen damage. But so far I've only seen it happen to battleships at very close range. Devs said this bug will be fixed in the future.

oh ok then. Well its not a big concern because it is free extra damage right:hiding:

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
258 posts
13,386 battles

The detailed ribbon and damage indicator has been very useful and informative for me since its implementation.

Although it can be depressing to see a lot of ricochets or over penetrations at least you can see why your damage was so low.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
258 posts
13,386 battles

Looking at the ribbon and damage detail seems to indicate that AA guns in games without carriers is actually useful as a type of ablative amour absorbing hits as AA module destruction for no real damage.

Super Tester
7,768 posts
8,043 battles

Looking at the ribbon and damage detail seems to indicate that AA guns in games without carriers is actually useful as a type of ablative amour absorbing hits as AA module destruction for no real damage.

Dead modules only block HE damage, not AP damage if I'm not wrong.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
258 posts
13,386 battles

Dead modules only block HE damage, not AP damage if I'm not wrong.

ok thanks for that info but they're still blocking some damage.

If the dead module blocks HE damage with it also negate the chance of a fire starting as well ?

Super Tester
7,768 posts
8,043 battles

ok thanks for that info but they're still blocking some damage.

If the dead module blocks HE damage with it also negate the chance of a fire starting as well ?

No, fire is OP, there is no stopping it.