You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
kongman

QUESTION ABOUT GOLD SHIPS

23 comments in this topic

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

IIRC only Ishizuchi that gets +1/-1 MM.. I don't know about the rest, but i'm certain there are no mid to high tier premiums that gets preferential MM..

[MEGA]
4,576 posts
17,580 battles

IIRC only Ishizuchi that gets +1/-1 MM.. I don't know about the rest, but i'm certain there are no mid to high tier premiums that gets preferential MM..

dunno, my MK seems to be cursed with T10 while my derpitz and atago always get top tier in a match

btw, havnt seen u around these days, not even in ranked, why man, we need more shark bait fresh blood in ranked

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

anything above tier 4 have normal MM

T3 cruisers have 'normal MM'

Where every other ship class at T3-4 gets +/- 1, cruisers get the normal '+/- 2'

Tenryuu bullying is a sport.

Poking porcupine Louises with holes is also sport.

265 posts
799 battles

Poking porcupine Louises with holes is also sport.

Most satisfying sport. Can't tell how pissed I was grinding up the USN and IJN BB line only to be burned alive by those porcupines...now I have a Kongo. Feel my wrath. Feel my Armor Piercing shells made of Nippon Suteeru folded a thousand times over!! Muahahahahaaah

on topic, I heard the Iwaki Alpha gets premium MM but I can't tell. I don't have her

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Nikolai def gets up t6. Still when it can kill a new mex or fuso in a few hits its no wonder. When its top tier it owns up the map.

I have most the premmies and tbh they get equal MM preference ive found. 

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Nikolai killing a Fuso or New Mex in a few hits? Doesn't sound legit.

Btw, do ARP ships count as premiums as well?

When they are broadside at under 10 kms they are. They are just as surprised trust me. 

ARP ships are not counted as premmie

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Nikolai killing a Fuso or New Mex in a few hits? Doesn't sound legit.

Btw, do ARP ships count as premiums as well?

If 2 Nikolai can do this to a Kongou at max range I think you'll find it can do the same to a Fuso at least...

crM9v8Q.gif

Super Tester
7,595 posts
8,005 battles

If 2 Nikolai can do this to a Kongou at max range I think you'll find it can do the same to a Fuso at least...

crM9v8Q.gif

Now you brought in "2" just to validate your claim? And picked up a Kongo that doesn't know how this game works? Nope, still not legit. Shall I be able to kill you if I am in a Nikolai and you are in a Fuso? That's how you approach it, not the other way around.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

Now you brought in "2" just to validate your claim? And picked up a Kongo that doesn't know how this game works? Nope, still not legit. Shall I be able to kill you if I am in a Nikolai and you are in a Fuso? That's how you approach it, not the other way around.

Well I wouldn't rush into claiming the Kongou doesn't know how the game works, he/she was just unfortunate to be beam onto me when that happened, his tactical situation might have forced him into that situation. I don't think it is unreasonable to think that a Fuso player may have to turn to avoid another ship or obstacle, or in fact allow his aft guns to fire as well, allowing the opportunity. Also note that the HP of a Kongou is somewhere around 49500. The damage I did in one salvo was about 33000 as shown (about 66% of his health). It shows that the Nikolai is somewhat capable of inflicting some decent damage.

I think your best argument here to discredit me would be to note the armor characteristics of the Fuso are better than the Kongou, thus such a shot, as shown in the gif, may not be as damaging on a Fuso. That being said as greifer said, if a Nikolai can successfully close the range to a Fuso. It could potentially take it out in 2 to 3 salvos provided it can maneuver to allow the best possible shot.

I'd be more than happy to test your theories with you, if you'd like, in game....although without a training room not sure how to do that....

Edited by ADM_dude

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Over the last 3 weekends the scrubs have been running divisions and doing similar things to other unsuspecting ships regardless of the tiers.  We generally top out at tier 6 to keep the fun involved for us and through focus fire have taken down several ships in the +2 bracket.

IMO that's a lot more satisfying to take out a target that would normally eat you alive than the regular run of the mill ho hum its the same as me or only slightly better.

Super Tester
7,595 posts
8,005 battles

I think your best argument here to discredit me would be to note the armor characteristics of the Fuso are better than the Kongou, thus such a shot, as shown in the gif, may not be as damaging on a Fuso. That being said as greifer said, if a Nikolai can successfully close the range to a Fuso. It could potentially take it out in 2 to 3 salvos provided it can maneuver to allow the best possible shot.

I'd be more than happy to test your theories with you, if you'd like, in game....although without a training room not sure how to do that....

I have no intention to discredit you. It is of course possible, but my argument here was, using this incident as an example for this topic did not seem legitimate to me. That's all. 

We could test it in training mode, however I don't have Nikolai, and never had one in enemy to shoot at. I would love to buy it though, but I heard this ship will never be on sale again. However, 305mm guns aren't going to do much against somewhat angled Fuso, and 305mm AP wont even scratch the bow of a New Mex. 

I also have no intention of saying Nikolai is bad, just saying that the example of Nikolai taking on a Fuso or a New Mex isn't very likely (and not impossible).

As DMW mentioned, we did many of those full division fire at same target thingy, very quick way to get rid of enemy ships. If three BB focus on something it is going to go away pretty fast, regardless of being bottom tier.