You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
swap1997

Colorado now has the lowest HP of all T7 BB, why WG why?

19 comments in this topic

66 posts
4,895 battles

Played a game in which I saw the Scharnhorst for the first time. The first thing that struck me was her HP. 56300 for a Battlecruiser wasnt that bad. This made me wonder why WG isnt buffing the Colorado's HP. Is it because of balancing? or something else which I have forgotten about? BTW the Colorado isnt a bad ship. After the recent buffs, I enjoy playing her as much as my Nagato, and also feel she soaks Damage better than the Nagato. Maybe one last buff to her HP is all thats needed to make her more comfortable to play. Just my opinion, as I feel the Colorado is a bit neglected kind of ship.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Because Colorado has the heaviest armour of all the T7 BBs and can completely negate damage when at an angle.

Scharnhorst historically has pretty average armour - and if it's anything like Tirpitz, it'll take a LOT of regular pen damage while not being able to be citadelled easily. The large HP pool is to balance that out. 

451 posts
6,946 battles

if the colorado had nagato hp, it would be OP as hell.

the scharn is running (if i'm not wrong) 381s...? while the colorado is running 406s which will smack any battleship at medium to close range for massive damage, bow on, broadside, or angled. that's another reason they didn't give it more HP.

Edited by Kleiss

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

I encountered a Scharnhorst in my Iowa awhile ago, her armor is okay for a battleship. I wonder why that Colorado has the lowest HP of all Tier 7 battleships. Yes, she can brawl a lot because of her historical all or nothing armor but a skilled BB can land a citadel hit on it so I kinda agree that WG should buff its HP so that she can tank and endure damage a little longer.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

The HP really do need to be buffed. With all those IJN HE spammers (you know who you are) having 15k less HP to burn is really annoying. Although the extreme heal can counter that, with the flag you can repair like 20-25% of your full HP per repair

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

What, no one mentions Colorado's 20s damage control vs Nagato's 10s? 20s of fire immunity right there.

Or the reduced DoT damage as a buff to compensate for its HP?

Or its slightly-better repair party vs Nagato?

Or its tanky armor?

Edited by Stein_Grenadier

66 posts
4,895 battles

I still think she needs a HP buff. I mean its pitiful that the New Mexico has more HP than Colorado. Atleast they can boost it to the about 53k-55k where it will be a bit more respectable without severely influencing the balancing.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,011 battles

While the Colorado seems worse than the New Mex & Nagato It's 406mm guns lol pens Armor with ease, deflects AP like no tomorrow & can regenerate HP like a boss (11k with dreadnought flag). Iv'e started playing my Colorado again after a long break and now that i now know how to play BB's she is an absolute monster & is a formidable oppenent. The only problem it really has is It's 21.1kn speed which is painfully slow on the bigger maps you get when being uptiered.

Imo I would prefer a speed boost over a HP boost.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

"now" you say?

Btw, you need the C hull to magically improve your sigma value, aka shot accuracy. Although it doesn't tell anywhere. Hull A and B are painfully bad dispersion. Good luck hitting anything over 10Km reliably.

Also given Lolorado's range, the speed is not a problem at all. You don't want to be in cruiser range at the beginning of the game, cause Lolorado is a heap of super dry straw that will catch fire even if HE shells land in water next to you.

Lolorado will be OP if she gets any HP or speed buff at all.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I still think she needs a HP buff. I mean its pitiful that the New Mexico has more HP than Colorado. Atleast they can boost it to the about 53k-55k where it will be a bit more respectable without severely influencing the balancing.

The planned German BBs possess average armor between IJN and USN thickness- The same could be said about the HP and regen.

Colorado is fine.

HP should not be the only thing you take into account.

Heck, even the stats for our server only show minor differences between Nagato and Colorado.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

The planned German BBs possess average armor between IJN and USN thickness- The same could be said about the HP and regen.

Colorado is fine.

HP should not be the only thing you take into account.

Heck, even the stats for our server only show minor differences between Nagato and Colorado.

If you are not an average player (which I think you are not) then average stats wont mean much for you. Anyway, in my opinion, Nagato is superior to Lolorado as a whole package but both ship requires player's skill to shoot stuff. Cause they are not shotguns like Fuso and New Mex, you can't fire and forget.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

If you are not an average player (which I think you are not) then average stats wont mean much for you.

When the discussion's about whether or not something is worth buffing, the anecdotal experience of a person, be they expert, rookie or somewhere in between, matters less when you look at the bigger picture (Average)

The discussion is about whether or not Colorado deserves an HP buff- This applies to all Colorado players. If there was a very visible difference in performance between ships from the server's average, then a buff would be justified- On the other hand, if the server average between the performance of Colorado, and the ship it's being compared to, Nagato, is similar, then there is no need for a buff.

---

OP, you can just take the Survivability Expert captain skill if you want HP.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

Hush, you can pretend the AA upgrade would be a good replacement.

I took it to a bit far. I use both BFT + AFT + FighterPlane loadout on Lolorado. I want your planes to fly over me.

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,011 battles

When the discussion's about whether or not something is worth buffing, the anecdotal experience of a person, be they expert, rookie or somewhere in between, matters less when you look at the bigger picture (Average)

A very good point you make here especially since looking at available stats they are pretty much neck & neck, a case of not seeing the forest for the trees. Though it will be interseting to see how the Scharnhorst & Gneisenau change the average when they come out.

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

A very good point you make here especially since looking at available stats they are pretty much neck & neck, a case of not seeing the forest for the trees. Though it will be interseting to see how the Scharnhorst & Gneisenau change the average when they come out.

In any case, if you are interested to see how the ships perform for say, like among top 50% players or 20%, 10%, 5% etc, you can check this site as well:

Nagato Check the Statistics of same tier and type warships section in this page, you can toggle the % of players.

These two ships are extremely even among all sorts of players. However, Colorado has a significantly better win-rate among top 5% Players. Interesting. This is probably what I felt, Nagato is a bit easier and Colorado is less forgiving. 

Just to check how I have been doing as an average player (although only a few battles in both), they are pretty similar, got more average kills on Colorado, but did more average damage on Nagato. They require slightly different play style though. And I guess German BBs will be like USN cruisers, does everything OK, but nothing extremely good (except for DM may be).

Edited by icy_phoenix