You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ranork

New Orleans

13 comments in this topic

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,076 battles

Is this not the biggest heap of crap cruiser wise in the game at it's tier.

Yes it's predecessor's were also bad but seriously at Tier VIII this cruiser just gets owned.

Its Main Guns are such short ranged that all you can do is play it like an Atlanta by hiding until the right moment then popping out giving it all you have got then dying by citadels.

Has anyone seriously ground this ship out in it's entirety?

If so please help me understand how to play this ship better because I really can't stand playing it right now.

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Use its concealment, it gets sub 11 km detection range with concealment mod.. Use that to ambush people (Don't spam shells 24/7)

Load AP, find broadside cruiser, throw Americans to their citadel (it gets the excellent US AP pen)

Against AP spammer = bow towards enemy 

Against HE spammer = bow towards base (get out!)

Use full AA upgrades then press T to win

Also equip radar instead of plane

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

New Orleans is too avg. in any aspect to the point that ship have no characteristic, so it can perform in every aspect (badly) only thing this ship stand out is radar (so better use it)

I will say it not player friendly + not a good ship so avoid it if possible :D:D:D

@Eurobeat u know i hate this ship lol

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I have no problem with it with the rudder upgrade. It is an upgrade from the Pensacola, with better everything. 

I somehow manage to feel that Pensacola is better than this New Orleans Chicken Wings :D:D:D

Well as expect form ScrubSoda le 

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

My second best ship on my page is the NO. I have had way more success in it than Baltimore (guys I don't know why my pensa has a very high win rate, even higher than NO. Guess pensa doesn't suck or I am 2 gud) but seriously if you use NO correctly it is very powerful. The low HP pool is the main draw back, but your shells can reliably citadel battleships and they have 16.5km range when upgraded, higher than Baltimore and Des Moines (wtf WG you force me to run main battery range mod on both those cruisers and I DONT LIKE IT) NO have good maneuverability and it is skinny so you can dodge lots of shells bow on. It also has very good dispersion, which you can use to snipe cits (best experience: enemy NO comes around the corner, I fire front guns, they form a damn fireball and devastating strike) seriously sometimes the shells have like no dispersion, that is especially good for killing DD. Just don't get too close to people unless you are good at torpedo beat. Best engagement range for NO is 12km to 6km for cruisers, 8km to 4km for DD and 12-13km+ for BB. Fit acceleration mod so you can go bow on and back your way outta trouble. If you see enemy high tier cruiser and you don't have support, RUN. 

450 posts
7,896 battles

I somehow manage to feel that Pensacola is better than this New Orleans Chicken Wings :D:D:D

Well as expect form ScrubSoda le 

They are kind of the same to me, NO has better concealment, while Cola has one more gun. both have amazing spread, I remember the good time I had in the Cola, shooting like 4 citadels in one savo. 

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

New Orleans is a much better ship in all aspects than the Pensacola. She just suffers from the matchmaker throwing her into T10 battles to bolster numbers depressingly often.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

NO is being called average.

I found another spirit animal other than Fubuki.

---

Play NO pragmatically. You have radar to flush DDs from caps or murder them inside their smoke. AA is reliable enough to serve as a screen. Cannons have slow shells, but better normalization values.

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

NO is being called average.

I found another spirit animal other than Fubuki.

---

Play NO pragmatically. You have radar to flush DDs from caps or murder them inside their smoke. AA is reliable enough to serve as a screen. Cannons have slow shells, but better normalization values.

New Orleans shares the same guns as the Pensacola and Indianapolis. Which share the same arcs as IJN CAs other than Zao.