Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Seabad

I'm done with CV's

24 comments in this topic

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

I'm done with CV's. I have reached my limits of tolerance with the MM feeding me into t10 games against the overpowered Shokaku strike builds, particularly egregious when these are 15pt captains who have the extra fighter per squadron which means I stand almost no chance of beating them in a dog fight.

I'm done with watching a single atlanta lock me out of playing the game within a 5km radius because this [content removed] baby activated a super-power which lowers my effectiveness by so much. I'm done with losing 50+ planes per match and making 30k credits on a victory because the lexingtons planes are so slow and so weak.

So I'm done. WG do not listen to months of player feedback or their own metrics and they have no idea about how to fix this class and make it more interesting, so this right now is my last game in this terrible ship and I'm not touching it again until WG fix it by nerfing the shit out of IJN CV's at high tiers and making the panic effect a mechanic of manual AA and not some pathetic babymode AA cruiser special power which 5/10 ships per match can use.

Derogatory. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

im done with cv.jpg

Edited by amade

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

Wow. I don't get into those kinds of matches that often...

But try divving up. That can really lighten the load.

Today I saw some Taihos. First T9/T10s in weeks if not months. I can't remember the last time I saw a T9+ CV of either faction. High level CV play is dead in the water and WG should be embarassed over the poor job done.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,980 battles

Today I saw some Taihos. First T9/T10s in weeks if not months. I can't remember the last time I saw a T9+ CV of either faction. High level CV play is dead in the water and WG should be embarassed over the poor job done.

If you want to see T9/T10 CVs, go div with one.

Yeah, the population is a bit low on the higher tiers. T7-T8 is one heck of a bottleneck right now.

450 posts
7,896 battles

I'm done with watching a single atlanta lock me out of playing the game within a 5km radius because this [content removed] baby activated a super-power which lowers my effectiveness by so much. I'm done with losing 50+ planes per match and making 30k credits on a victory because the lexingtons planes are so slow and so weak.

So, you have no idea that Atlanta is an AA CL?

So, you have no idea that the AA consumable can lower the accuracy of the TB and DB?

If you know Atlanta will shoot all your planes down, why would you border to mess with her. Go hunt for ship that is sailing alone , or fly with your fleet and wait for a chance.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Welcome to the CV retiree club.

Before, I suggested tons of stuff to somehow balance out CVs specially tier 8+ such as: removing captain tier 5 captain skill Air Superiority as it gives a dirty advantage to IJN/Saipan and gives some rich sealclubbers to retrain their captain and put it in lower tier so they can feel their e-peen1ses become bigger from dumpstering some newbies training their captains and learning CV gameplay(you don't get tier 5 skill at least until tier 9 if you progress normally). How are players gonna be motivated to play CV if right from the start they get a massive disadvantage that is the tier 5 skill? Of course nobody here in forum cared and just laugh because 97% of players here don't have sufficient exp in CVs and don't know jacksh& about CVs.

So, you have no idea that Atlanta is an AA CL?
So, you have no idea that the AA consumable can lower the accuracy of the TB and DB?

If you know Atlanta will shoot all your planes down, why would you border to mess with her. Go hunt for ship that is sailing alone , or fly with your fleet and wait for a chance.

Not just Atlanta, see that match you are in a tier 10 battle where every ship \has better AA than atlanta. I also played once in shokaku even before the AA buff and I got a match with 3 enemy Des Moines in AA config(7km AA range). Oh boy my planes dont even reach 5km from those ships before getting wiped out.
Here it is, my last few games in CVs ever

sVK2jEz.jpg

I mean, just how crap is this? Of course the Des Moines separated: 1 in west, 1 in east, 1 in center defending their CV and I got to do nothing while shokaku focused on me(undefended) until i die.

Edited by Deicide

450 posts
7,896 battles

Just wait and do some DD spotting and cover your fleet with FT. You don't have to do damage in the first 5 minutes of the game. Fly with your fleet and wait for their mistakes. 

Also, you can try to pick on the CL/CA/CB by flying close to them, let them turn on AA and run (doesn't really work for me, I pull my planes out too late all the time). 

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

Also, you can try to pick on the CL/CA/CB by flying close to them, let them turn on AA and run (doesn't really work for me, I pull my planes out too late all the time). 

Really? Have you tried flying tier 8 planes to a full AA spec des moines? even a slight 1 sec pass within 7km of that monster and you whole squadron is dead, it doesn't even need to turn on AA consumable because you'll never get close to dropping distance

930 posts

Really? Have you tried flying tier 8 planes to a full AA spec des moines? even a slight 1 sec pass within 7km of that monster and you whole squadron is dead, it doesn't even need to turn on AA consumable because you'll never get close to dropping distance

...or an Atlanta or a Cleveland. But yeah, Des Moines' AA is still bullcrap. You'd lose 2 or 3 planes for just passing by it's high caliber AA range.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,980 battles

...or an Atlanta or a Cleveland. But yeah, Des Moines' AA is still bullcrap. You'd lose 2 or 3 planes for just passing by it's high caliber AA range.

I treat des moines like a T10 cleveland. I once "baited" its DF by accident and lost 4 TBs in 2 seconds lel

129 posts
3,494 battles

well, shokaku fighter isnt really that strong, i scare usn cv fighter when i play ijn cv. (some luck in the game are needed when u play cv)

but i do feel the anger of the picture. tier X ship aa is way too op that every plane attack is 1-way-ticket. there is no return once the plane finish the attack. that what i most hated in the game while playing tier8 cv.

WG should really hear this and fix this problem.:angry:

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

well, shokaku fighter isnt really that strong, i scare usn cv fighter when i play ijn cv. (some luck in the game are needed when u play cv)

but i do feel the anger of the picture. tier X ship aa is way too op that every plane attack is 1-way-ticket. there is no return once the plane finish the attack. that what i most hated in the game while playing tier8 cv.

WG should really hear this and fix this problem.:angry:

I don't think I would count on it. Originally I built the below information at work in my old job so I don't have the base file for it anymore, however it was true at the time (and nicely colour coded and everything).

I wonder how it stacks up to the modern game, 6 months later?

http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/12833-which-is-saltier/page__st__20__pid__176722#entry176722

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

One major thing too many people forget is this simple point

IJN vs USN can be broken down in to one simple scenario: when coming in for a strike with USN, the target sets priority on one TB squad wiping it out, AA bubble (if active) neuters the DB. When IJN is coming in for the strike, one TB squad gets priority and is wiped out, the other launches torps and then 2 DB squads get their dice roll.

Multiply by however many strikes you feel like, including fighters interfering with strikes for IJN builds.

How to balance IJN? Well I guess giving t8+'s only 1 fighter squad in strike mode. Lex gets a fighter, shkk loses a fighter. 1/1/3 vs 1/2/3. Also I'm going to drag up my posts regarding the HP/DPS charts for fighters as well and let you look at those. http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/13001-i-wonder-was-there-any-reason-that-nerfing-lex/page__st__20__pid__179140#entry179140

So numbers might have changed in the last 6 months but this was true as of then. Accounting for the 20% fighter hp module (which IJN shouldn't be allowed to access) those numbers get skewed further.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,980 battles

One major thing too many people forget is this simple point

IJN vs USN can be broken down in to one simple scenario: when coming in for a strike with USN, the target sets priority on one TB squad wiping it out, AA bubble (if active) neuters the DB. When IJN is coming in for the strike, one TB squad gets priority and is wiped out, the other launches torps and then 2 DB squads get their dice roll.

Multiply by however many strikes you feel like, including fighters interfering with strikes for IJN builds.

How to balance IJN? Well I guess giving t8+'s only 1 fighter squad in strike mode. Lex gets a fighter, shkk loses a fighter. 1/1/3 vs 1/2/3. Also I'm going to drag up my posts regarding the HP/DPS charts for fighters as well and let you look at those. http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/13001-i-wonder-was-there-any-reason-that-nerfing-lex/page__st__20__pid__179140#entry179140

So numbers might have changed in the last 6 months but this was true as of then. Accounting for the 20% fighter hp module (which IJN shouldn't be allowed to access) those numbers get skewed further.

USN DBs get a much better spread than IJN when under fire. Have you seen the size of IJN drop circle?

Also, giving lex 113 and shokaku 123 means the lex has 20% more planes in the air (and the capability to consistently strike). This is very very close to being OP IMO.

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

USN DBs get a much better spread than IJN when under fire. Have you seen the size of IJN drop circle?

Also, giving lex 113 and shokaku 123 means the lex has 20% more planes in the air (and the capability to consistently strike). This is very very close to being OP IMO.

Close to OP > definitely UP.

Really the issues with CV are so complex right now. WG should imo delete CV loadouts and then rebalance the stock loadout properly per tier and then in the distant future reintroduce CV variants.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,980 battles

Close to OP > definitely UP.

Really the issues with CV are so complex right now. WG should imo delete CV loadouts and then rebalance the stock loadout properly per tier and then in the distant future reintroduce CV variants.

I really don't want to have loadouts deleted. I want my strike loadout to stay.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I knew my decision to retire from CV play since open beta is the right choice 

i know WG will have a hard time to balance the thing when IJN CV come

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

I really don't want to have loadouts deleted. I want my strike loadout to stay.

WG have demonstrated they can't balance it. The only sensible answer is to cut the losses and rebuild them into something more playable for both factions.

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

I am quite frustrated at War Gaming due to their inability to balance aircraft carriers for a rather long time now. Instead of listening to experienced CV players they listen to idiot CV players that don't know how to manual drop and whine because they get CV sniped. I am also disappointed at War Gaming for refusing to acknowledge that some IJN CV *cough cough Hiryu cough* are OP and need to get reworked. This isn't also the 1st time that War Gaming failed to balanced units in the game

Remember the old KV1 and KV-1S ? :trollface:

Sign in to follow this