You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mandoros

When will the USS CVs be buffed

53 comments in this topic

15 posts
2,905 battles

im new to this forum so if this topic was old one. lead me to that article

winrate difference of USS and IJN CVs over tier 8 is almost 7~10%. 

this is same on SEA, NA, EU server. and cant believe WARgaming didnt fix this imbalance still in 0.5.8.

2 TBs must be returned. and i think that return still cannot make USS cvs better than IJNs

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,994 battles

I played both IJN and USN CVs.

The only "buff" USN CVs ever needed was more consistency with their dive bombers. If they get that, the damage potential would go through the roof for strike builds. Strike Essex is very very powerful.

15 posts
2,905 battles

I played both IJN and USN CVs.

The only "buff" USN CVs ever needed was more consistency with their dive bombers. If they get that, the damage potential would go through the roof for strike builds. Strike Essex is very very powerful.

Im sick and tired of 3 DB squad(=21!planes) goes on amagi and hit 2 hits by [content removed] mogami AA skills

Profanity. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,994 battles

Im sick and tired of 3 DB squad(=21!planes) goes on amagi and hit 2 hits by [content removed] mogami AA skills

That's just your luck tbh...

Quote updated.

~amade

Edited by amade

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

That's just your luck tbh...

Nah mate by now with over a years worth of data it's pretty clear that IJN are OP. You are living in denial.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,994 battles

Nah mate by now with over a years worth of data it's pretty clear that IJN are OP. You are living in denial.

I was talking about the divebomber luck, and less about USN vs IJN.

But yes, IJN are more versatile now and they also whack DDs better, which is why they win  games.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,994 battles

Compare.

Compare.

Guy knows what he's talking about.

Even his WR from Independence to Essex is above 54%.

Scary.

Eh, no need to bring stats into this, IMO. I just think that in some ways, USN is better than IJN (capital ship smashing, for example) and you should take advantage of that.

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

Compare.

Compare.

Guy knows what he's talking about.

Even his WR from Independence to Essex is above 54%.

Scary.

and he openly admitted in my exit thread that he doesn't get that many overtiered matches. Oh boy that thread is now deleted because you can't reveal how bad it is right? and those stats unles im mistaken dont come with a datestamp and USN used to be hellishly OP so you tell me

I'm dealing with the problems of now, some people statpadded in the days before the huge nerfs. Not saying he did but there are people who did.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,994 battles

My only problem with USN CV is their strike loadout, mainly Bogue, Ranger and Lexington.

WG, plz remove 0/1/3 and replace it with 1/1/2 plz.

Bogue strike is fine. it's an actual upgrade over 110.

As for Ranger and Lex, 112 would go a long way in making the damage that USN strike loadouts are capable of more consistent (this is the key word). IJN is consistent, USN is not (due to RNG or due to enemy air cover).

@Seabad, I grinded Ranger and Lexington only after 211 got removed and AA reworked (Read: post-122 USN era and after AA got reworked buffed in general). I grinded exclusively on 0/1/3. This is why I know how it feels to be overtiered (it happens often enough to be a nuisance, but not often enough to kill me off the grind). As for Essex, The same applies. I played Essex and a bit of Lex after DF got implemented for Cvs, so I also know how it feels to be unable to snipe reliably.

Despite all this, USN remains unbeatable in destruction of capital ships. Trust me, I also go after DDs and cruisers a lot even in USN. I do not simply go for damage, I go for the right damage (if I can farm, its great, but I would chase DDs all game if the enemy team has a few of them since they are so profit-dense and influential in winning matches). If I view that the best way for a match to be won at the time is to DoT that Yamato, so be it. I can do it and get 1 kill, but that would make me look like I am statpadding... 

Play the ship to its strengths, not its weaknesses. I learned the true potential of USN when I finally got the Essex (that 1 fighter is very very important). It may not beat the Taiho 100% of the time, but it can definitely give it a run for its money.

Edited by stratmania

783 posts
4,819 battles

USN CVs only lag behind IJN CV counterparts a little. It's more like usual CV play translates to IJN CV play wherein USN CV play is of course more extreme in one field due to specialization, hence that big gap in win rate. I've seen plenty of USN CV captains play to their weakness and not their strengths which leads to sub-optimal performance, wherein an IJN CV is more balanced that even if they do play to their weakness, it's not as gimped.

Personally, I think this only applies up to T9 where almost everyone would agree that Hakuryu > Midway.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,994 battles

USN CVs only lag behind IJN CV counterparts a little. It's more like usual CV play translates to IJN CV play wherein USN CV play is of course more extreme in one field due to specialization, hence that big gap in win rate. I've seen plenty of USN CV captains play to their weakness and not their strengths which leads to sub-optimal performance, wherein an IJN CV is more balanced that even if they do play to their weakness, it's not as gimped.

Personally, I think this only applies up to T9 where almost everyone would agree that Hakuryu > Midway.

You can look no further than potatoes running 302 setups on Essex to see why they bring down the average WR and damage. At least 322 Taiho has teeth. A well-played strike Essex can still deal quite a bit of damage even when faced against AS. Sure, it is a bit of a drag to fight against a fighter loadout carrier, but all you need to do in order to contribute more is to outdamage/outkill it.

But yes, IMO 422 Hakuryu is very good now since it is a direct upgrade from Taiho in terms of air presence, while Midway loadouts do not directly increase the amount of planes you get in the air at any one given time. The reserve is hard to use up unless you lose planes recklessly, potato, or get dominated by the (usually AS) enemy CV.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Again, WG needs to rework CVs but their idea of reworking is buffing AA and nerfing planes based on previous patches. Again, CV players are punishes heavily (Taxed for playing + most xp required to unlock everything). Not to mention almost every boat being able to have AA barrage. Imagine your torpedos or shells being shot out of the air.

As for USN vs IJN, USN is horrible due to WG making their CVs RNG and anything RNG is bad because it negates the player's skill. Will WG fix this? It doesn't seem like it because even they probably do not know what path they are going down (again, based on patches).

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,994 battles

Again, WG needs to rework CVs but their idea of reworking is buffing AA and nerfing planes based on previous patches. Again, CV players are punishes heavily (Taxed for playing + most xp required to unlock everything). Not to mention almost every boat being able to have AA barrage. Imagine your torpedos or shells being shot out of the air.

As for USN vs IJN, USN is horrible due to WG making their CVs RNG and anything RNG is bad because it negates the player's skill. Will WG fix this? It doesn't seem like it because even they probably do not know what path they are going down (again, based on patches).

The thing about the RNG is that it makes the damage that USN should be doing very inconsistent, certainly much more so than IJN . Frankly, the only buffs USN CVs need in general are better bomber drop distributions (can a weighted ellipse be implemented?) and perhaps a bit more air presence for the Midway.

Either way, skilled players should be rewarded more. 

450 posts
7,896 battles

Why comparing an apple to an orange?

They are good at someways.

I like USN CV because I can one shot careless CA/CL, where IJN CV is better in spotting. 

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,994 battles

Why comparing an apple to an orange?

They are good at someways.

I like USN CV because I can one shot careless CA/CL, where IJN CV is better in spotting. 

With USN, whether you oneshot him or not may be dependent on RNG. USN is better at BB deletions/withering.

With IJN, you can delete DDs as well. This is why they win games.

Beta Tester
45 posts
3,433 battles

WG can also just reduce the planes per squadron of US CVs to 3 or 4 and have the same setup of IJN CVs. 2/2/2 with 4 planes per squadron for Ranger and Lexington sounds nice.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,994 battles

WG can also just reduce the planes per squadron of US CVs to 3 or 4 and have the same setup of IJN CVs. 2/2/2 with 4 planes per squadron for Ranger and Lexington sounds nice.

4 bombers with such a large drop circle would make them close to useless, IMO. Also, USN TBs are already more powerful than their IJN counterparts when it comes to damage (though they are slow).

Beta Tester
45 posts
3,433 battles

4 bombers with such a large drop circle would make them close to useless, IMO. Also, USN TBs are already more powerful than their IJN counterparts when it comes to damage (though they are slow).

That drop circle can be lowered if WG wanted to, especially when there are fewer planes than before. And about US TBs, they can simply lower the damage alpha to 8000 or limit USN CVs to just 2 TB squadrons instead of 3 across all tiers if they want them DB focused.

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

But yes, IMO 422 Hakuryu is very good now since it is a direct upgrade from Taiho in terms of air presence, while Midway loadouts do not directly increase the amount of planes you get in the air at any one given time. The reserve is hard to use up unless you lose planes recklessly, potato, or get dominated by the (usually AS) enemy CV.

The question is, is anyone playing tier 10 CVs? ha ha ha ha WG™

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,994 battles

The question is, is anyone playing tier 10 CVs? ha ha ha ha WG™

That IS rather sad. Do we have hard numbers on current CV population across all tiers?