You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LunaticRed

ARP Boats + Ranked

42 comments in this topic

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Well done Wargaming ASIA.

You guys are truly the smartest when it comes to game content. You add the ARP Myokos just so people would bring it into ranked with their 6 point captains (EU gets 16 poinst) and play a boat which they barely have any experience with (as indicated by bringing a non-15pointer/10point). Not to mention that CAs have the most important role as of the meta.

Not only this but as you can see from the screenshot below, 0.5.8 brings in a very balanced matchmaking, giving both sides equal chances of winning as indicated by: everyone on my team being rank 10 and them getting one extra BB (our DD was the first to die).

I must applaud you again WG as you have truly impressed me again.rankedmahanblog4 - Copy.jpg

rankedmahanblog4 - Copy.jpg

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Your points are that people use ships they're not familiar with and/or lack the captain skill to make a significant difference.

Who else would you blame but the player who brought that ship along for kicks?

Then again, expecting 15-pt captains from everyone is... Bleh.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

Your points are that people use ships they're not familiar with and/or lack the captain skill to make a significant difference.

Who else would you blame but the player who brought that ship along for kicks?

Then again, expecting 15-pt captains from everyone is... Bleh.

Thanks for being a strawman. My point was why I should be punished for playing the game due to this MMing. Why doesn't both sides consist on equal skill level? Not only this but MM decides some people should have less tiers than the other. Again, please do enlighten me on what I could've done better since you did not answer my question.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Thanks for being a strawman. My point was why I should be punished for playing the game due to this MMing. Why doesn't both sides consist on equal skill level? Not only this but MM decides some people should have less tiers than the other. Again, please do enlighten me on what I could've done better since you did not answer my question.

*Shrugs*

Clearly, I'm just a player with an opinion.

MM doesn't take skill into account... Which is why every other guy's spiraling in despair in RB from potato teammates.

Ah, patata teammates?! Wat do??! How fix?!! OP nerf?!?!? RNG rigged???!!! WG conspiracy!?!?!!!?!?

---

Surely, there are also potato moments for the enemy team. Ships that sail alone. Ships that don't know how to retreat...

Everyone suffers~

Team chat nicely conceals those fustercluck moments the enemy team is experiencing.

I hope you find comfort in that.

450 posts
7,896 battles

Oh, so the players who play ARP Myoko are bad guys. How about hte bad players who play the Indianapolis?

Skill points is only something that helps you perform better in the game. If a player can't do basic stuff like "Not slowing you broadside", "Armor angling", "Aim for the citadel" or "Know your ship" and they are in your team, bad luck. 

I sail with my ARP Myoko and fought in team battles, I get citadels, I do at least 50,000 damage, I dodge shells. The ARP Myoko is the tier 7 ship which allow me to participate in the ranked battle. 

ARP ships is not the thing which may your experience bad, it's the players themselves. If you are going to suggest WG to ban ARP ships from participating in ranked battles, please also ask them to ban bad players from playing the game.

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

The ARP Myoko is the tier 7 ship which allow me to participate in the ranked battle. 

Thanks for proving my point that players only boat for ranked is an ARP boat meaning they generally have less experience.

505 posts
4,176 battles

i don't own a myoko but i do have arp ashigara and i played quite well in a few ranked games i don't see the problem with " level 6 captains" <- continue below

i see people bringing marblehead into ranked games
iirc ranked games need level 12 accounts, one thing we can do is increase this requirement somehow...

some people play ranked cuz of more exp/credit <- pls carifly this or ignore this cuz this what i noticed on my games

my last game to rank 15 was a face palm , STOCK FURUTAKA thats what the person say in chat and i ask why he play ranked ? "testing rank out"
rekt......
well we win that game tho and i hit rank 15
point is.....

coordination with team help i know that the chat might be useless cuz not everyone understands what you type but iirc each language settings will change the command to that person's client language so they will understand , ranked games is a teamed games even tho u pretty much solo-ing

and i don't see the problem with people playing arp ships even its just a level 6 captain

for me all i need is level 1 i and pretty much can do normal in my games which is just situational awarness......

it's best try hard to carry cuz you could win the game in the right ship sometimes.
never give up
took me 3 hours of none stop playing ranked to win that 1 game to rank 15..... much salt along the way(<- ran out of report and compliments points to giv)

450 posts
7,896 battles

took me 3 hours of none stop playing ranked to win that 1 game to rank 15..... much salt along the way(<- ran out of report and compliments points to giv)

3 hours ?

Man, you used up all your luck

Edited by Sammuell

505 posts
4,176 battles

3 hours ?

Man, you used up all your luck

not really my luck ran out earlier at 11-> 1pm i was playing from rank 18 -> rank 16 2/3 star and thats where sht goes down and i kept win/lose

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,930 battles

Well done Wargaming ASIA.

You guys are truly the smartest when it comes to game content. You add the ARP Myokos just so people would bring it into ranked with their 6 point captains (EU gets 16 poinst) and play a boat which they barely have any experience with (as indicated by bringing a non-15pointer/10point). Not to mention that CAs have the most important role as of the meta.

Not only this but as you can see from the screenshot below, 0.5.8 brings in a very balanced matchmaking, giving both sides equal chances of winning as indicated by: everyone on my team being rank 10 and them getting one extra BB (our DD was the first to die).

I must applaud you again WG as you have truly impressed me again.rankedmahanblog4 - Copy.jpg

Atleast the ARP Myokos were earnt though experience (some may have actually used a regular Myoko to get one).

What about some who buys a premium T7 ship and just steps into battle.

I think one of the ARP Kongos(Kirishima?) in May came with a 16pt captain who could be swapped in.

Anyway it's a team game and always a roll of the dice as to the make up of the team you're on, whether they've having good or bad games and a bunch of other factors.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

I have no issue with ARP ships in ranked. Players have had to perform missions to earn this vessel thus they understand what may be required in rank.

Remember its not the ship or the captains skill points but the person using WASD. Ive seen excellent atlanta and Yorck players with a rank of 6 (assume they made 5). Its not the vessel but knowing your strengths and weakness. 

450 posts
7,896 battles

I have no issue with ARP ships in ranked. Players have had to perform missions to earn this vessel thus they understand what may be required in rank.

Remember its not the ship or the captains skill points but the person using WASD. Ive seen excellent atlanta and Yorck players with a rank of 6 (assume they made 5). Its not the vessel but knowing your strengths and weakness. 

I just want to kill my teammates when I saw the sail in a straight line facing his broadside to the enermy and lost 2/3 of his HP in the first 30 second of the game in ranked battle.

People can reach T7 with no skill or pay no attention to the surround.  

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,445 battles

I agree that there are some good ARP players, but a lot are just using that ship to try it out and good team = the win, I'd be ok with all the crap from bad teams if the rank level didn't break backwards once under 11.

I've been 1 win from 7 then drop to 9 then 8 then 9 then 8 then mid 8 lol. I'm like a yoyo and its driving me a little crazy :S Yes it probably means that's my top skill level /shrug, I still want to try. 

I've seen many ARP ships sail off by themselves, rush into caps and transform into a glorious rapidly expanding cloud of gas etc. I've seen plenty of T6 ships in T7 games, beats me what they're doing but one Fuso was Rank 6 to my 8.  

I'm not a great player, I screw up, I miss, I over extend, I don't extend far enough etc. but the ARP ships just add to the crap player list, IMO, and I need to be carried sometimes :) 

Super Tester
341 posts
2,790 battles

I have finally found out the secret to ranked.

This season is truly the hardest to obtain rank 1 in especially in SEA and I will tell you why.
-Extremely pay to win: You need either a sims (better than mahan in EVERY regard save torps), a blyskawica or a Nagato to carry your team efficiently - a hatsuharu relies too heavily on your team
-CAs are down to the point useless - If you have noticed, they can easily get destroyed by DDs since every game has 4 of them on each side, they are permanently spotted by the DDs meaning they are not safe from the guaranteed BB in ranked (which can delete the CA REGARDLESS of angling).
-The amount of exp gained is totally dependent on enemy team allowing you to cap or not and spawning location (closer to caps = higher chance of first place)
-Matchmaking is  a complete disaster, I cannot emphasis this enough, 0.5.8 destroyed MMing. This is evident from one whole side being rank 5s and the other side having multiple  rank 2s and 3s. Not only this, one side having more BBs (2v1) or more DDs since CAs are useless. (* most important point *)

-The higher stars may work for other servers but it doesn't for SEA, there is a strict timeframe (10pm-3am) for Australians as well as SEA's incentive to play ranked. This can be indicated by the number of rank 1s in SEA: 

Number of existing Rank 1 players:
NA = 129
EU = 238
RU = 786
SEA = 47

I kid you not, this season promotes maximizing your exp as a safety net in case your team loses by being able to cap successfully or using your premium DD to spot other DDs first so you have the favorable gun trade. The 1 star for top player is a good system in my opinion but very VERY poorly executed with the current meta of 5DD 2BB.

TLDR (*)

Edited by LunaticRed