You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
BuckleUpBones

Tier X repair and ammo costs.

29 comments in this topic

435 posts
6,169 battles

Got my Shimakaze and just grinded up for concealment (with other money making ships), she wasn’t fully upgraded but I took her out for the first battle. I did ok, one cap, fire some rounds into a Fletcher and launched 3 full salvo of torps but no hits (most likely 2.5km torp detection) also no damage done to me. Team did pretty good, cap everything and the game ended quickly after that.

Repair cost -28300, Ammo -54100 (45 torps + shells), Camo -8000, and Smoke II -22000

Earned 71400 but -92600 for a win and with no damage, about 1000 (?) credits per torpedo. I don’t think I will be playing her every much if I have to grind up credits just to play her.

I have an Iowa and already know that if tactical tanking is needed to win then win/lose I lose (about -200k). I bet it would 10x worse in a Montana. I see tier X battleships at the back of the map all the time, trying to snipe but are they just saving repair costs? It seems to be affecting game play.

But really -28300 for no damage.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

here we go again....

Tier IX and X are designed to cost you money to play.

The rationale is to force players back down to lower tiers to pad the population.

133 posts

I sold my T10 ships for this reason, they don't generate much income and cost alot, I'd rather use that money for other lines.

If you can't handle the late game economy, go and sell your T10(s)

Edited by Kaminari1

Beta Tester
906 posts

You can make silver with premium time in tier x games. Or buy a premium ship.

I know one guy in my clan that has 178 million credits :). He plays all ships.

Super Tester
630 posts
9,479 battles

I have 3 tier X ships and still have 75 million credits in my bank. I don't really like the high tier meta gameplay because everyone is so passive and wants to sit back and snipe so you're not missing out on much anyways, Tier 5-7 is the sweet spot.

I can afford to play tier 10 but don't because of the meta, that is all.

575 posts
5,354 battles

here we go again....

Tier IX and X are designed to cost you money to play.

The rationale is to force players back down to lower tiers to pad the population.

So this meta designed by WG to force players to play lower levels by making tier 8 through 10 grossly expensive to play? Then why should anyone waste their time and effort grinding to tier 10 when they will end up playing lower tiers just to keep their heads above water credit wise and pad the population? Oh yeah, they can buy premium time and premium ships to compensate. Oh yeah that makes it even better, not only do they put their time and effort into grinding, now they must put their cash into this equation just to play tier 8 through 10. So much for WG's free to play model.

Your argument for this does not stand the smell taste. WG's abhorrently high costs for operating at tiers 8 through 10 is designed to force players to spend their cash on their supposedly free to play model. Yet, they allowed the NA, EU, RU servers a 20% to 40% discount on those higher tiers because the players are tired of it and those tiers are suffering for lack of players pool because they were/are too expensive to play. Something doesn't wash with your statement based on WG's reaction.

Beta Tester
906 posts

So this meta designed by WG to force players to play lower levels by making tier 8 through 10 grossly expensive to play? Then why should anyone waste their time and effort grinding to tier 10 when they will end up playing lower tiers just to keep their heads above water credit wise and pad the population? Oh yeah, they can buy premium time and premium ships to compensate. Oh yeah that makes it even better, not only do they put their time and effort into grinding, now they must put their cash into this equation just to play tier 8 through 10. So much for WG's free to play model.

Your argument for this does not stand the smell taste. WG's abhorrently high costs for operating at tiers 8 through 10 is designed to force players to spend their cash on their supposedly free to play model. Yet, they allowed the NA, EU, RU servers a 20% to 40% discount on those higher tiers because the players are tired of it and those tiers are suffering for lack of players pool because they were/are too expensive to play. Something doesn't wash with your statement based on WG's reaction.

I can see your point.

But you do realise developers and servers / hosting cost money. It has to come from somewhere.

If you like Tier 10 games, then support the game. I have supported this game alot. Truely because I liked Navyfield back then. This is one that came closer to that genre and I play every day all sorts of ships. I have a 100 million in the kitty and own nearly all the Tier 10s except a Zao and CVs.

Silver is easy to make, pay the subscription in a 6 month block. If you play daily the credits just roll in. If you don't have premium your trading your time to advance. IMO, premium is the single thing that is most worth it in this game. Everything is automatically 50% more XP and credits.

If you cant afford it or don't want to play, then stay around Tier 7/8 and play Tier 10 games seldomly. The system is what keeps all tiers populated. I play all tiers, 2,5,6,7,8,9,10. Otherwise I'll only play 10 and pound everything.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

Silver is easy to make, pay the subscription in a 6 month block. If you play daily the credits just roll in. If you don't have premium your trading your time to advance. IMO, premium is the single thing that is most worth it in this game. Everything is automatically 50% more XP and credits.

If you cant afford it or don't want to play, then stay around Tier 7/8 and play Tier 10 games seldomly. The system is what keeps all tiers populated. I play all tiers, 2,5,6,7,8,9,10. Otherwise I'll only play 10 and pound everything.

^ This

Assume that you not totally scrub you should not losing much credits when playing T10 (you might not making profit and losing couple thousand in losing game) with Premium account i can go as far as making profit while using all premium consumable :D:D:D

Basically you have 2 option to play T10 without losing credits

- not being totally scrub

- Premium Account 

Otherwise just buy 1 T8 Premium ship for fast farming credits do 1 round of T10 and another round of T8 premium should be able to compensate the credits loss (that what i actually did in WoT)

And remember you can actually play lower Tier, most of the time im playing around T7 in my opinion is the most fun to play Tier :trollface:

575 posts
5,354 battles

I can see your point.

But you do realise developers and servers / hosting cost money. It has to come from somewhere.

If you like Tier 10 games, then support the game. I have supported this game alot. Truely because I liked Navyfield back then. This is one that came closer to that genre and I play every day all sorts of ships. I have a 100 million in the kitty and own nearly all the Tier 10s except a Zao and CVs.

I don't disagree with either you or Melo. I keep a 6 month+ premium membership, get the premium ships and use them. For me, this isn't a problem. However, I am speaking from the PoV of those who play 'free 2 play' option with limited ability to spend money or unable to spend it because of their circumstances. Making a profit is the hallmark of any company. However, putting in the game an economy that requires the purchase of items just to generate credits isn't very intuitive. Case in point, BnS model is stupendously money driven to advance in the game. This one is a step or 2 under that. The cost of playing in the 8 to 10, especially 9 & 10 tiers is prohibitive to those players who cannot afford to put a ship out when it drains all their credits buying it and putting modules on it. Then they are forced to grind in lower levels with or without premium ships to make just enough money to play that tier 8,9, or 10 ship once. Then it rinse and repeat. How long do you think the average gamer is going to stick with such a plan even if they love the game? Gamers are fickle and have short patience when operating in an environment like the one WG and other MMOs have created.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I am speaking from the PoV of those who play 'free 2 play' option with limited ability to spend money or unable to spend it because of their circumstances.

I did check my post game income and i found that even i didnt have Premium account i can still make profit (2-3k credits lol) most of the time i play T10.

My point is when you actually come down to Free 2 Play stuff you need to be good to stay alive in this kind of system (same as other F2P) if that particular player not good enough they going to suffer because this is how this kind of game design to be.

But if you good enough you can actually overcome this system and enjoy F2P, if not drop the Tier or go Premium otherwise suffer.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,003 battles

Well in my Montana where i just lost a game quite badly where i didn't much damage (damm you Lol pens) it cost me 324k for my repair bill, this includes the 2 premium consumables. I had -20% reduce repair bill flags on as well. Iv'e played high tier long enough to just accept that i will have to pay a fortune when i get clubbed which happens often as you can't do 150k+ damage every game to drag your self into a profit.

The answer to this is a Premium account to minimize your losses when you do get clubbed and in any case if all you play is T10 you'll probably get frustrated by the game play and go back to where the fun/money is at T6/7 so problem solved.

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

But melo not everyone can be good :)

For every winner there has to be a scrub. Someone is going to lose silver.

I agree so thats why they need to lower the Tier, this game design to make player losing credits and suffer in higher Tier.

But im trying to proof that you can F2P if you good if not try to become better there is only way if they want to play T10 without premium account, complaining in forum and hoping WG will actually drop this model is useless cuz they wont.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

Beta Tester
906 posts

For each free to play player with a tier 10 they don't realize other ships counter them hard. You won't win every game.

The shimakaze is hard countered by us dd tier 8 and up. Udaloi and kharbarovsk. Des Moines. Zao Moskva. Dimitri and cvs.

You will lose credit when you come across one of these ships. Gone are the days of stealth spamming in the shimakaze.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I can imagine everyone play tier 10 only and makes the mid tier much less poplulated

Same as Navy Field back then

When you use your puny (starter) destroyer to eat some load from those damn huge expensive floating Artilerry

Because everyone only want to play with their so called best ship and ignore the ships they used to grind around before the trophy ship

It is not about how good and how skilled the high tier players are

But about the population in all tier

Otherwise you will only find this game like most RPG

Grind the level, upgrade the equipment, do dungeon with most max lvl player

And does not bother with medium lvl dungeon because they are less rewarding

So, how come it is similar to system that you suggest?

The low mid tier ship become stepping stone, same as low mid lvl equipment and dungeon

And

Max lvl, rarest equipment, full upgrade weap and armor become the core of the game

Same as high tier ship

You use best camo, best captain, best module, best consumable, at the max tier from the fact that you wont lose much of credit for doing so, they become the core of the game

And i havent mention the complain about there is no premi tier 9 and 10

4 posts

I have to agree with OP on the repair and ammo cost. I'm running on Yamato and even when i win a match, i still got like -2000 credits because of the ammo and the service repair, and my account was premium as well. I do hope at least devs can look into cutting the repair cost for winning a match. I suppose to enjoy playing t10 matches, and not to be worry of the huge cost even when winning a match. That defeat the purpose of grinding up to t10..

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

I have to agree with OP on the repair and ammo cost. I'm running on Yamato and even when i win a match, i still got like -2000 credits because of the ammo and the service repair, and my account was premium as well. I do hope at least devs can look into cutting the repair cost for winning a match. I suppose to enjoy playing t10 matches, and not to be worry of the huge cost even when winning a match. That defeat the purpose of grinding up to t10..

The point of this system is to prevent player to keep playing continously on tier 10

It is working as intended

Edited by Harpoon01

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

If T10 operating cost gets cheaper = more veteran/elite players taking out their T10 ships = more poor souls on their T8/T9 ships gets roflstomped

Don't be selfish, this isn't your game.. T10's already got the advantage from being top tier all the time, so you have absolutely no excuse if you ended up playing badly and losing a lot credits when driving them..

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

If T10 operating cost gets cheaper = more veteran/elite players taking out their T10 ships = more poor souls on their T8/T9 ships gets roflstomped

Don't be selfish, this isn't your game.. T10's already got the advantage from being top tier all the time, so you have absolutely no excuse if you ended up playing badly and losing a lot credits when driving them..

This I like. I entering T8 now and I want less and less people play T10s.

4 posts

Dont be selfish? How about if i continuously use t8/t9 ships, those running on t5/t6 will get rolfstomped? And how does one judge that having t10 is equivalent to win? I have amagi/tripitz soloed yamato/montana before. T10 does not get any advantages at all to be honest.. unless you are telling me t10 is totally invincible and cant be rape by lower tiers ..

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

Dont be selfish? How about if i continuously use t8/t9 ships, those running on t5/t6 will get rolfstomped? And how does one judge that having t10 is equivalent to win? I have amagi/tripitz soloed yamato/montana before. T10 does not get any advantages at all to be honest.. unless you are telling me t10 is totally invincible and cant be rape by lower tiers ..

Those T5/6 ships also gets the chance to stomp poorer T3/4 ships and even if they got stomped by higher tiered ships they can still earn some profit, which is one of the main reason why most of the population stays there.. 

T10 have the advantage by being the best of their class (e.g Yamato lolpens every other BB, Gearing outguns every other DD, etc) but NOT against their proper counter.. A stalking Fubuki can keep a Yamato at bay, and like you said Tirpitz can take down even T10 BBs because it has torps which other BB doesn't have.. Top tier ships are not invincible because there are always ways to take them down..

If T10s doesn't have any advantages then why people still goes after them?

Edited by Eurobeat

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I have amagi/tripitz soloed yamato/montana before. T10 does not get any advantages at all to be honest.. unless you are telling me t10 is totally invincible and cant be rape by lower tiers ..

If you can win Yamato 1v1 good for u, but thinking about how many times you get cits by it 460mm and die :trollface:

They not invincible but they clearly have advantage over lower Tier :trollface: