You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

Built-in aim hint in 0.5.8

137 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles

Just noticed there is a small stopwatch like icon in the binocular view that blinks when you have the perfect midship lead. Why would you add a rubbish thing like this in game. Nooooo....

R.I.P. Cruisers.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,360 battles

Just noticed there is a small stopwatch like icon in the binocular view that blinks when you have the perfect midship lead. Why would you add a rubbish thing like this in game. Nooooo....

R.I.P. Cruisers.

wat is that, any ss ?

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles

wat is that, any ss ?

A small clock icon right beside the time of shell travel. It blinks if the lead is proper and the shell will be able to hit target ship at her current speed. Of course it can be avoided once shots are fired, But I don't like it.

What is ss btw?

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,360 battles

A small clock icon right beside the time of shell travel. It blinks if the lead is proper and the shell will be able to hit target ship at her current speed. Of course it can be avoided once shots are fired, But I don't like it.

What is ss btw?

screenshot @_@

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles

screenshot @_@

An example at 1m35s. Not saying its an OP feature, but it will make the game a bit too easier. and might encourage sniping mentality?

Edited by icy_phoenix

265 posts
799 battles

I just saw that vid. it definitely helps gauging the target's speed and heading at that particular moment (give and take server lag)

this update is going to suck for slow-turning CAs

about sniping well....... I'm on a fence about that. sure it will make it easier but with that kind of flight time when engaging targets in excess of 15 klicks, I bet it will be enough to execute evasive maneuvers.

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles

I just saw that vid. it definitely helps gauging the target's speed and heading at that particular moment (give and take server lag)

this update is going to suck for slow-turning CAs

about sniping well....... I'm on a fence about that. sure it will make it easier but with that kind of flight time when engaging targets in excess of 15 klicks, I bet it will be enough to execute evasive maneuvers.

Every toon in the game will now hit your battleship.

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles

I use alternate mode, so don't have to press alt. I was talking about the blinking clock icon.

However, looks like it has been there for a long time , just no one noticed. Notser confirmed this on one of my comments.

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles

Whoo, now my aim on my Omaha wont be as bad :D

Not really helpful for cruisers if you ask me. You better off taking the shot instead of wasting time to find the sweet spot.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

It doesnt blink in the video

It is not an aim asist, it just a icon along with how many seconds your shells will travel

You can use 'alt' when aiming to show the above thing

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I think this is just coincidence, but to satisfy the forum.

Whilst in game, take a video of the blinking clock and the rounds hitting the target (you will need to use frapps or something similar)

1. Does the clock blink?

2. If it does, does it blink when you have the correct lead

3. Is the lead giving the required hits

Need several players to do this, over 10 games each to get a good sample.

If this is proved correct, we can then ask questions and hopefully get some answers.

Super Tester
7,520 posts
7,978 battles

It doesnt blink in the video

It is not an aim asist, it just a icon along with how many seconds your shells will travel

You can use 'alt' when aiming to show the above thing

Well, did you even watch the video or listened to what notser was describing? It blinks. My stopwatch sign is always there, I don't have to press alt to see the time.

Here is another example, this is my replay. Just watch from 2:50 when I take the shot on Amagi. Watch carefully at the icon next to shell travel time. Btw, I never press alt

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

guys you all do realise this is nothing new?

The flight time clock has been there since 4.something.

It may have been made more visible by the recent changes to the UI, which is now bringing it to prominence.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

Well i hope they fix it. So it doesnt help with aiming. But knowing WG they added it into the game and not said anything just to see if players pick up on it. 

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Well i hope they fix it. So it doesnt help with aiming. But knowing WG they added it into the game and not said anything just to see if players pick up on it. 

So you actually can confirm it?