Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NEO_BEAVER

A new proposal for the INJ tech tree concerning Tier 5-6

13 comments in this topic

7 posts
3,027 battles

For anyone who plays INJ destroyers at Tier 6, you would know how bad a stock Mutsuki is. I was thinking, maybe you could switch the Minakaze and the Mutsuki. I know that sounds ridiculous but just hear this idea out. You give the Mutsuki 7 km range torpedoes and leave it at tier 5. You then give the Minakaze the 10Km range torpedoes that it had in the beta test. With the balance changed I have just suggested would there be problems with doing this?

[LBAS]
4,479 posts
25,659 battles

For anyone who plays INJ destroyers at Tier 6, you would know how bad a stock Mutsuki is. I was thinking, maybe you could switch the Minakaze and the Mutsuki. I know that sounds ridiculous but just hear this idea out. You give the Mutsuki 7 km range torpedoes and leave it at tier 5. You then give the Minakaze the 10Km range torpedoes that it had in the beta test. With the balance changed I have just suggested would there be problems with doing this?

ha ha ha ha ha ha

You should look up T7 T8 T9 TX

7 posts
3,027 battles

This post is concerning tiers 5-6 not 7,8,9,10. The original question was "are there any problems with game balance for my idea?"

Edited by NEO_BEAVER

451 posts
6,946 battles

WG needs to make money too. mutsuki is the beginning of the wall, or the end for many who will free xp through all the way to the fubuki.

and the minekaze is OP even at tier 6 with 10km slower torpedoes. low detection combined with high rate of torpedo fire and excellent stealth already means that it will outperform the hatsuharu, fubuki and the kagero. u should have checked the minekaze stats before it was nerfed. it was ridiculous.

so no, not possible to bump minekaze to tier 6. another reason is torpedo caliber and launcher mount size, which increases down the line.

Edited by Kleiss

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Just grind Mutsuki to elite but use Hull B, don't bother giving up your 2 main guns for fast RoF gun. You would only use your gun as last resort anyways.

I have Mutsuki, it's a bad stock grind with 7km torpedo but that's only temporary until you get better modules.

450 posts
7,896 battles

It's the Minekaze/Isokaze that needs to be nerfed.

Mutsuki...well maybe she could use that torp reload booster that we get on Hatsu and Kagero, though I wish it's on seperate slot instead of having to trade smoke for it.

No, I like Minekaze, so don't WG nerf it. 

7 posts
3,027 battles

No, I like Minekaze, so don't WG nerf it. 

The thing with that is it doesn't matter if you like something. If that something (in this case the Minekaze) beaks game balance then it needs to be nerfed. In it's current form I still think that my proposition that I originally made about the Mutsuki and Minakaze is best for game balance (maybe minus the 10Km range torps) but you can decide that for yourself.

7 posts
3,027 battles

They're fine where they are right now.

Not real, this jump is a problem for two reasons: 1) When you upgrade ships it needs to be an actual upgrade and not this big of a downgrade - you go from a true japanese destroyer to something that resembles an american destroyer with terrible guns (this is obviously a downgrade) and 2) as I said before if something is OP (in this case the Minakaze with ok guns and amazing torps and concealment for it's tier) then it needs to be nerfed as it makes the game less fun for the majority of people.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Not real, this jump is a problem for two reasons: 1) When you upgrade ships it needs to be an actual upgrade and not this big of a downgrade

You realize that all ships progressively get bigger, longer and use larger cannons as they tier up, right?

This translates to wider turning radii, slower rudder shifts, larger caliber weapons and/or better shells and worse concealment.

Even for DDs.

But hey, you get bigger weapons and more HP.

Mutsuki's 2-turret design will train you to use Hatsuharu's twin-barreled 2-turret layout, then Fubuki's, Kagero's and Shimakaze's twin-barreled 3-turret layouts.

Minekaze's 39kt speed will slowly drop from Mutsuki down to Fubuki and Kagerou's 35kt, then suddenly come back at 39kts for Shimakaze.

The rudder shifts are progressively less responsive.

The turrets get upgraded from 120mm to 127mm.

Minekaze is not a wunder ship.

rlaSnEN.png

Minekaze is fine where it is now. It is not OP.

Sign in to follow this