Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HAVOCK21

Detect ability Rating - they still see you first

9 comments in this topic

3 posts
2,112 battles

Okay, its been happening for a while. I have  a BENSON, with ALL THE BELLS and WHISTLE's including the stealth ( harder to detect )  mod. I have a detection rating / ranking of 93, so when I am not shooting and yes, Anti aircraft is OFF, why AM I DETECTED by other ;lesser value units First. Especially when the variance is 4 or better. I should see them before they see me and its really beginning get under my skin. Fix the programming!!!!!!! I really wanted to use some other words!

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Firstly, don't use the concealment rating. It's a vague representation of how good your concealment is. You can expand the concealment tab to see your exact detectability range. You can also see it in your minimap (CTRL+click the gear icon to change the minimap settings).

As for how you can be detected by ships with worse concealment, it's quite likely that another DD with better concealment than yours is lighting you up, which makes you visible for the other enemy ships. In other words, you didn't see the ship that was spotting you.

89 posts
8,257 battles

I don't know what does your 'Variance' mean, but do you have to concealment expert, the lv5 skill? If no, or if your enemy is Fubuki, or Kagero, or DDs with CE, they SHOULD see you first.

Edited by kemuri1307

3 posts
2,112 battles

Amade, http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/user/amade-2000000644/

I checked the Detection ratings at the start of the games and in each case they have had a Rating Lower than mine, yet they detect me first. Given the precondition I mentioned, this should not happen even if they are a Kegero or likes. when their Detection rating at the start of the game is Lower than mine, I should see them first. That team v team chart shows the actual values with all mods / attachments that each player has. So I dont see how they can or should be seeing me first.

89 posts
8,257 battles

I checked the Detection ratings at the start of the games and in each case they have had a Rating Lower than mine, yet they detect me first. Given the precondition I mentioned, this should not happen even if they are a Kegero or likes. when their Detection rating at the start of the game is Lower than mine, I should see them first. That team v team chart shows the actual values with all mods / attachments that each player has. So I dont see how they can or should be seeing me first.

Because: YOUR rating of Benson in the port include the upgrade and the camo (and so better Concealment distance) and when you check about other ships you don't have, you can only see the STOCK value.

I can't trust that you have a T8 DD but still don't know about this, man.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Rating is an arbitary value by WG, lower rating doesn't equal better actual stat value by comparison.

753 posts
8,965 battles

As an avid DD player it is a well known fact that if your ship has equal or slightly lower detection value than the ship that spots you that there is always a delay in seeing that ship.

I have lost count of the times when I've been detected and have been frantically scanning around me to find the culprit only to have then appear a few seconds later only barely on the limit of my detection range. That few seconds can mean the difference between life or death.

The OP is correct in this case.

Sign in to follow this