Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ben_Canaan

HMNZS Achilles

10 comments in this topic

435 posts
6,169 battles

Another vote here. If WG is planning the Graf Spee then Achilles is a must. You might just get some re-enactments in game and maybe the Graf Spee will get its revenge, Nein! Also I would prefer Achilles at tier VI-VIII.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

So basically you want the British Leander class in game, with a skin for NZ, who, like Australia, flew the British Ensign during WWII and did not have NZ markings.

There would be no point in having a NZ ship.

435 posts
6,169 battles

So basically you want the British Leander class in game, with a skin for NZ, who, like Australia, flew the British Ensign during WWII and did not have NZ markings.

There would be no point in having a NZ ship.

How many navy's used foreign ship designs, its who sail them into action that counts.

163 posts
7,901 battles

Achilles flew the NZ flag along side the British one.  Reading the wiki, she was loaned to NZ in 1936, but recommission to NZ in 1941.  But had the first fire control radar on a Royal Navy Cruiser, 1940 (NZ built one too).  Must be a premium feature right there! :-)

There are enough commonwealth ships to make up a CA/CL, DD trees since they were mostly leases/British loaned.  But I don't think they would be different enough.  Be better to take some of the ones that had unique changes or were in historic battles and make them premiums in the Royal navy IMO.  The re-skins should be pretty low development, plus you might pick up sales from collectors or those feeling a little patriotic, would Australians buy HMAS Australia?  Would Canadians buy HMS Uganda?  Would South Africians buy SAS Jan van Riebeeck  (ex- HMS Wessex)? A post war transfer, but I'm reaching here.

I am sure some Commonwealth nationals here could come up with some much better examples.  Considering the Pan Asian and Polish ship, having a spread of Commonwealth ships is not new territory here.

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
244 posts
12,811 battles

HMAS Perth was also a modified Leander Class cruiser. She and USS Huston were sunk off Java by Japanese forces.

Evidently the IJN fired some 85 torpeodes during the engagement.

Sign in to follow this