You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ben2benchan

Could we insert air force support in some map similar to bastion mode?

18 comments in this topic

38 posts
2,512 battles

After continuous strength in aa power, the no. of cv player greatly reduce in the past few month, :(

As a result, we only have 1/10 probability to meet cv in a random battle, thus the upgraded aa thus become useless.

However, it is not suitable to buff cv's power in a short time as it might greatly affect the balance of game,

Therefore, i suggest we should have alternative air force for each team, (e.g. the map neighbors may provide some air force support for those team who cap the base B)

Edited by ben2benchan

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

An interesting proposal.

Though, the bot planes should be dive bombers only and will only attack targets not too far from the airfield. Players should be able to  "suppress" the airfields too like forts.

403 posts
8,185 battles

Yes! That sounds fun. I think it should not be too hard to implement, given carriers have bots in co-op mode. It could send out one attack every 2 minutes. 1 IJN sqadron seems a bit anemic though, maybe 1 USN sqadron instead to make that thing a legitamate threat and something worth trying to cap

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Heavy bomber support anyone?

Large level bombers.

On agile, moving ships.

While getting shot at by high-caliber AA batteries.

They'd have to drop at 4km altitude if they want to dodge all those AA fire, but they'd be very inaccurate considering wind. They're also a huge target, so low-altitude bombing is a no-no.

There's a reason why most naval planes only have one engine and limited wingspans.

1,835 posts
8,065 battles

Suggested Bombers:

B-24 Liberators - in Tier V-VII Matches

B-17 Fortress - Tier VIII-IX

B-29 Super fortress - Tier X?

IJN:

G4N    -> ?

G8N    -> ?

G10N -> Tier X?

Germany:

Do 19 ->?

Do 317 -> ?

He 117 ->?

He 274 -> Tier X? 

930 posts

While I may suggest Land Based Torpedo bombers too since some Medium Bombers like Beaufort, Mitchell, G3M could carry torpedoes, I kind of realize how uhh... flawed the automatic drop system of torpedo bombers and how ridiculous torpedo damage is so I guess nope.

Edited by IJN_Yura

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Suggested Bombers:

B-24 Liberators - in Tier V-VII Matches

B-17 Fortress - Tier VIII-IX

B-29 Super fortress - Tier X?

IJN:

G4N    -> ?

G8N    -> ?

G10N -> Tier X?

Germany:

Do 19 ->?

Do 317 -> ?

He 117 ->?

He 274 -> Tier X? 

Ahaha, no.

Read the reasons I posted above.

Medium to Strategic-size bombers are not for destroying ships and are certainly not meant to be deployed at such short range.

38 posts
2,512 battles

I'm more interested in the size of the air groups, since airport can certainly support a larger amount of aircrafts than those plane takeoff from cv:playing:

Edited by ben2benchan

403 posts
8,185 battles

Ahaha, no.

Read the reasons I posted above.

Medium to Strategic-size bombers are not for destroying ships and are certainly not meant to be deployed at such short range.

But but but, B17s were used at Midway, and it's established that distances in WoWs are altered, so it is "historically akurat"

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

But but but, B17s were used at Midway, and it's established that distances in WoWs are altered, so it is "historically akurat"

Nine B-17s took off from Midway at 12:30 for the first air attack. Three hours later, they found Tanaka's transport group 570 nautical miles (660 miles; 1,060 kilometres) to the west.

Under heavy anti-aircraft fire, they dropped their bombs. Although their crews reported hitting 4 ships, none of the bombs actually hit and no significant damage was inflicted.

*Wiki

They're planes supposedly meant for maritime use, however, their performance meant they're better off saturating stationary targets.

You'll get better results using smaller, more agile planes- More cost-efficient as well considering the dang costs involved- Not even counting its ordnance.

$238,329 in 1945 → $3,152,986.75 in 2016

Senior Moderator
4,798 posts
1,924 battles

Nine B-17s took off from Midway at 12:30 for the first air attack. Three hours later, they found Tanaka's transport group 570 nautical miles (660 miles; 1,060 kilometres) to the west.

Under heavy anti-aircraft fire, they dropped their bombs. Although their crews reported hitting 4 ships, none of the bombs actually hit and no significant damage was inflicted.

*Wiki

They're planes supposedly meant for maritime use, however, their performance meant they're better off saturating stationary targets.

You'll get better results using smaller, more agile planes- More cost-efficient as well considering the dang costs involved- Not even counting its ordnance.

$238,329 in 1945 → $3,152,986.75 in 2016

Actually that's about the only way I'd be happy with more flies in the air, let them fly but not able to hit or damage anything!