Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rizky_Wahyu_Ramadhan

Lexington's buggged Anti-Aircraft

3 comments in this topic

1 post

so i recently played 2 random battles with my lexington after weeks of absence.

i noticed something frustrating, with AA rating of 81(one of the best), and using Anti-aircraft consumables, in the first game i only take down 3 of 8 shokaku's torpedo bombers that striked me. and the second, i only take down 5 of 12 lexington's dive bombers.

what happened? before i upgraded the hull (with aa rating about 60s) i always wiped out almost every planes with consumables used.

is there any solid explanation for this phenomenon, or it's just a bug bundled in the new update?.

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

AA effectiveness is subject to some RNG, and also with the skills and loadout your opponent has. Furthermore, AA rating is just a number - pay attention to what AA ranges your ships actually have where they do the most amount of their damage.

[BOTES]
94 posts
3,501 battles

USN CV are probably one of the few ships in the game where it's important to have the manual AA skill more than the +1/+1 fighter/bomber skill. IJN CV would naturally take that rank 5 skill (as would saipan) while USN need more powerful AA to counteract the higher number of squadrons they can potentially get alpha'd by.

In addition to this your 15 pt captain can make reasonable use of other skills.

Sign in to follow this