Sammuell

NC secondary or AA build

10 comments in this topic

450 posts
7,896 battles

Hi, does it worth it to go for NC AA build?

I have played three games so far and i see no CV, although I needed to use my secondaries for a CQB one. 

507 posts
9,828 battles

AA build more or less requires only 1 tier 4 skill and for all intents and purposes are useful. Secondary builds are quite situational and the Concealment Expert Skill is much stronger i would say.

450 posts
7,896 battles

My captain always have the AFT. I wish someone can do the maths and compare the damage done by the AFT and the manual AA.

the AA are easy to break even with the +100% AA health mod. 

Feels like the AA is weaker than Colorado, although it has higher rating. two squad of Ryojo planes came byand I took down only 5 

153 posts
3,262 battles

My captain always have the AFT. I wish someone can do the maths and compare the damage done by the AFT and the manual AA.

the AA are easy to break even with the +100% AA health mod. 

Feels like the AA is weaker than Colorado, although it has higher rating. two squad of Ryojo planes came byand I took down only 5 

thats probably partly due to RNG? NC's AA has a bigger radius and should be able to take down more planes than Colorado if they are to strike you, I struck down 13 planes in a game over 2 waves last night...

450 posts
7,896 battles

I always wonder if AFT or manuel fire do more damage?

AFT increase the range for all AA, where manuel fire control have double damage

Super Tester
7,558 posts
8,001 battles

I always wonder if AFT or manuel fire do more damage?

AFT increase the range for all AA, where manuel fire control have double damage

Don't forget, AFT works for secondaries too. AA DPS is not the problem, the problem is the range. If enemy CV comes in and drops without even wasting any time, you are going to have a hard time with manual attack. Also remember, if you manually select a group, your AA will only do damage to that group unless the target group is out of range. So, other groups will just drop on you and run away.

AFT + CE works for almost anything whose primary concern is not HE/fire and IJN DDs.