You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Davidious

Sound effect when hit

16 comments in this topic

75 posts
3,402 battles

Hi,

I have noticed a new effect when I receive a major hit (probably a citadel).

All sounds stop or sound like a pillow forced over my head (muffled). Even when firing shots.

It feels like I have been punched in the face with a big puffy boxing glove.

It lasts a few seconds and I don't like it.

Is it a function that can be turned off ?

Thanks

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Could the voice over guy just say "OOPS" lolz

I like it!

I was getting the current muffled effect a while ago.It seems like every few patches the sound effect for this rotates through about 3 different variation for me.

199 posts
6,041 battles

Is it me or people always found new things to whine?

Look, do you prefer the ear screeching noise that make you mute the game or the new muffled one? I'd prefer the muffled one, and I'm sure a lot of people agree too (Especially people who have hearing problems)

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Am I the only one who didn't hate the ringing sound? Maybe they can make the ringing sound the sound for detonation and torrets & torp tubes being destroyed

The current sound is better tho especially for when DD get heavy damage

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Am I the only one who didn't hate the ringing sound? Maybe they can make the ringing sound the sound for detonation and torrets & torp tubes being destroyed

I find both equally annoying when you're listening for cannons and/or torpedo warnings- Especially when it happens in a contested area.

1,162 posts

I actually missed the ringing sound, its like my ship tells me "We are [bleeep] captain!"

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

We need more engaging crew voices

Crew: "Sir we are sailing broadside to enemy battleships!"
*angles the ship*

Crew: "Problem solved sir!"

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,777 battles

I actually quite liked the old citadel sound, I didn't understand why people were so against it.  You just got hit for massive damage, that sound really made you feel the weight of the impact.

The new one is fine, it's just much more boring.

227 posts
2,651 battles

I actually missed the ringing sound, its like my ship tells me "We are [bleeep] captain!"

when the WUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBB start, you'll hear the ringing starts later but at higher frequency (less anoying)

683 posts
7,358 battles

I like the current one though... damage so massive that knock the commanding officers out in the conning tower :P

But I do suggest that such "citadel sound" should be made into "massive damage sound". Mulitple penetration hit with almost 10k Hp gone, or 1 citadel hit from DD (Russian DD to be exact), to me the first one is more significant.