Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icy_phoenix

How is this a "Devastating Strike"?

11 comments in this topic

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

Just checking some replays from my test server plays that I had few days ago. And I found this:

I killed an Yamato in 2 salvo and still got devastating strike. Isn't this medal given for killing a ship dealing more than 50% HP damage in 1 salvo of main battery or torpedo or air group attack? The scenario happened in first 50 seconds of the video.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Nice citadels btw though insane Yamato sitting broadside to you at that range!

I see what you mean by just being under 50 percent, perhaps if both citadels counted as full it would have been a dev strike? Not sure on that one though.

Super Tester
7,526 posts
7,978 battles

Should this go into the bug section or something like that? Or is it because that Montana has 4 turrets, so it counts 4 sets as a salvo? Although it makes no sense. 

266 posts
5,135 battles

This is just a conjecture on my part, so take it with a grain of salt.

The description of devastating strike says : "Destroy an enemy ship with a single artillery salvo, torpedo salvo, or aircraft attack by causing damage over 50% of the destroyed ship's normal hp."

I think that means it's not necessarily the destroyed ship must have over 50% hp. You only need to deal more damage than 50% of the ship's normal hp with the salvo that destroyed it.

Montana's citadel damage is 13500. Three cits means 40500. If those 4 other hits are penetrations, that one salvo can easily deal over 48600 damage. (Half of Yammy's HP)

Edited by AsakuraShinji

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

This is just a conjecture on my part, so take it with a grain of salt.

The description of devastating strike says : "Destroy an enemy ship with a single artillery salvo, torpedo salvo, or aircraft attack by causing damage over 50% of the destroyed ship's normal hp."

I think that means it's not necessarily the destroyed ship must have over 50% hp. You only need to deal more damage than 50% of the ship's normal hp with the salvo that destroyed it.

Montana's citadel damage is 13500. Three cits means 40500. If those 4 other hits are penetrations, that one salvo can easily deal over 48600 damage. (Half of Yammy's HP)

I disagree. That would mean anyone who lands a torpedo on a near-destruction destroyer would get a free devastating strike.

266 posts
5,135 battles

I disagree. That would mean anyone who lands a torpedo on a near-destruction destroyer would get a free devastating strike.

That's why I said it's just a conjecture. Because aside from that or bug, the only other explanation would be the game also counts the previous salvo.

If icy used the rear guns to kill that yammy, that can still count as one salvo. But he used the second reload of the front gun, so I don't think that's the case here.

Edited by AsakuraShinji

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Mebby

Juuusst Mebby

It could be what you said- But.

It only applies if the ship still has remaining HP in the section it was hit.

In a DD's case, it was probably saturated enough for it not to count- But a Battleship? Plenty.

266 posts
5,135 battles

Citadel cannot be saturated until you're dead. Right?

Over my thousands of battles and hundreds of videos I've watched, I've never seen a citadel got saturated. So yeah, I think so. :3

Sign in to follow this