You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

46 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

So it is confirmed that the premium Scharnhorst is coming out sometime after patch 0.5.8

SOOO EXCITED

I really hope we get to choose between 280mm and 380mm tho, also hope that it comes with torpedos

btw does anyone know if its going to be classified as BB or as CA in game

[POI]
Super Tester
350 posts
3,601 battles

I doubt it will be released before the current ranked season is over thought

Video Contributor
860 posts
10,965 battles

So it is confirmed that the premium Scharnhorst is coming out sometime after patch 0.5.8

SOOO EXCITED

I really hope we get to choose between 280mm and 380mm tho, also hope that it comes with torpedos

btw does anyone know if its going to be classified as BB or as CA in game

I don't think Scharnhorst will be able to choose between 280mm and 380mm, the ability to change the guns are reserved for regular tech tree Gneisenau iirc..

And it will be a BB ofc :D

[BRU]
309 posts
11,163 battles

Man, I have plans to buy Tirpitz but with the release of Scharnhorst, I'll probably buy it. One question in my mind, what tier is Scharnhorst belong? For me, probably tier 6-7 since her armament is 3x3 280mm guns, and I hope it has torpedoes too like Tirpitz.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Man, I have plans to buy Tirpitz but with the release of Scharnhorst, I'll probably buy it. One question in my mind, what tier is Scharnhorst belong? For me, probably tier 6-7 since her armament is 3x3 280mm guns, and I hope it has torpedoes too like Tirpitz.

Buy both and unleash German AP while barely ever having to worry about citadel hits

Hope those 280 get something like 20 second reload. Being able to choose would be nice tho, and everyone is saying it is T7 so I assume it will be. If you can only use 280 then I guess I will have to just use Tirpitz if I wanna see big numbers against BB. 6X380mm does sound a bit underpowered though, unless the dispersion is like ultra tight

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,932 battles

I don't think Scharnhorst will be able to choose between 280mm and 380mm, the ability to change the guns are reserved for regular tech tree Gneisenau iirc..

And it will be a BB ofc :D

Correct

It is a T7 premium BB with only the 11" guns as she was fitted with - no upgrades to the 15" 

(This will be available to her sister ship in the tech tree)

Stats leaked here 

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/06/18/wows-leak-tier-vii-german-battleship-scharnhorst-stats%e2%80%8f/

And pictures here 

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/07/01/wows-krasny-krym-scharnhorst-and-konig-albert-pictures/

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Correct

It is a T7 premium BB with only the 11" guns as she was fitted with - no upgrades to the 15" 

(This will be available to her sister ship in the tech tree)

Stats leaked here 

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/06/18/wows-leak-tier-vii-german-battleship-scharnhorst-stats%e2%80%8f/

thanks for the info. Time to kiss my money good bye

Beta Tester
486 posts
7,932 battles

Buy both and unleash German AP while barely ever having to worry about citadel hits

Hope those 280 get something like 20 second reload. Being able to choose would be nice tho, and everyone is saying it is T7 so I assume it will be. If you can only use 280 then I guess I will have to just use Tirpitz if I wanna see big numbers against BB. 6X380mm does sound a bit underpowered though, unless the dispersion is like ultra tight

This appears to be the German BB style.

Smaller calibre guns with good AP - crap HE and able to tank it with better survivability (more hit points?)

Oh and devs have said no torpedos (except I guess on premiums it's ok) but it was my understanding that if ships were fitted with the move able hull tubes they would be in the game.

Edited by Kapitan_Zur_See_Hoffmann

1,835 posts
8,065 battles

This appears to be the German BB style.

Smaller calibre guns with good AP - crap HE and able to tank it with better survivability (more hit points?)

Oh and devs have said no torpedos (except I guess on premiums it's ok) but it was my understanding that if ships were fitted with the move able hull tubes they would be in the game.

Suddenly Russian BBs have torps :trollface:

Short range 3.0 km :D

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Forgot the 15s reload.

I knew someone would say that

May as well as add in 100% detonate enemy unless flag was fitted:trollface: even though the torps would have killed the ship anyways, Stalin wants to give his victim some tiny blankets to take home

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,049 battles

WG take my Money i want a Scharnhorst yesterday. This is gearing to be a highly anticipated Premium on all the servers and i cant wait for it. Gimme Gimme

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

ANYWAYS back to the Scharnhorst

30kts with 14 sec rudder shift and second best HP at tier 7 (lol that armour makes the HP double) 20 second reload and max damage 80100 per salvo that is pretty good. 240300 DPM vs Nagato 191520 DPM vs Colorado 198400 DPM