Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Turing

How do you manage your captain?

12 comments in this topic

563 posts
4,686 battles

Okay, so some people leave their high skill captain and recruit new ones every time they go up the trees. Seems logic since retraining 12+ captain isn't easy, And being a dd without SA sucks. But again a stock high tier ship + low skill captain = nightmare. So, what should I do? I think captain retraining should be easier..

451 posts
6,946 battles

Buy a premium ship that doesn't get affected much by diverse captain skills

Assign captain to new stock ship

Halve retraining exp with credits

Sail premium ship with the retraining captain yielding 0% skill penalty

Super Tester
7,571 posts
8,001 battles

Okay, so some people leave their high skill captain and recruit new ones every time they go up the trees. Seems logic since retraining 12+ captain isn't easy, And being a dd without SA sucks. But again a stock high tier ship + low skill captain = nightmare. So, what should I do? I think captain retraining should be easier..

I did some calculation after posting a thread about having new captain for Amagi. Apparently, retraining is still faster up to 16 pt captain. And even when your captain is under retraining, you get half of the benefits (well binary skills like situation awareness don't work at all). You can also finish retraining in a premium ship. That is what most people do.

451 posts
6,946 battles

I did some calculation after posting a thread about having new captain for Amagi. Apparently, retraining is still faster up to 16 pt captain. And even when your captain is under retraining, you get half of the benefits (well binary skills like situation awareness don't work at all). You can also finish retraining in a premium ship. That is what most people do.

the whole point is for situational awareness to work, though.

Super Tester
7,571 posts
8,001 battles

the whole point is for situational awareness to work, though.

I don't play DD, but it must be hard for DD players I believe. Not having situation awareness in a DD is like.....

505 posts
4,176 battles

in a sense i find driving tier 9/10 with a captain with at level 10 is fine just you sometimes get annoyed over those with concealment expert

at tier 8 its a mix between more higher and mid level captains

if you dont have doubloon for :

- captain slots

- ship slots

etc.

you probably would want to move your main captain towards the top tier ship every time you move up (usually starting with captain at tier 5/6 when your progress and grinding takes longer)

being a DD without SA sucks well yes when you move ur captain to new ships that can't be help.

doubloon is ok but i only recommend doubloon if you could afford it or else just use credits

for me i just kept every captain on their ships and keep their ships intact or just get more captain slots if i need credits(which i sell my ships) in an emergency

my only transfer is changing my atago captain to zao

and yes i used doubloon so my current atago is empty (lel :V)

435 posts
6,169 battles

US$ 2.97 for 500 doubloons, tier VI to X (x4) = $11.88 vs $40 premium ship and switching captains, best to pay the dam money. Anyway someone has to pay for the new German battleship line.

Edited by Yul_Brynner

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

easy solution, sell the high tier captain and start all with low tier so that way you dont have this dilemma at all!!

*troll over*

Dubloons, easiest way but make sure you want to keep that ship, or move the captain to the ship you want to keep. No point paying them to go into a ship you hate and want to grind through.

Sign in to follow this