You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

18 point commander

27 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

So now I got a 18 point commander in my Gearing, that I use in my sims for ranked battles.

Now every since I got that 18 point commander(tonight), I cant seem to hit a damn thing, my shell dispersion is all over the place and every other ship manages to hit me at all ranges and every time I get hit, I lose my engine, even with the -20% mod for engine getting knocked out.

Now yes I know you're  all going to say yeah its just RNG blah blah blah, yeah, sure I would say that as well but and its a big but, after playing the sims for as long as I have and playing as many battles I have in it, I've not had this problem that I am having  now, never had the engine knocked out this much and I'm talking about every battle and every time I get hit, and no it hasnt happened like this before, as I said ive played the sims a long time.

Even the shell dispersion is worse. and before you say anything, over the last few days ive played the sims a lot and I can pick up on the differences, its not like I haven't played it for 2-3 weeks then played it again.

I noticed the difference straight after I got the 18 point commander skill.

Is this WG weird sense of humour ?? or their way of balancing the game out when playing against other players who don't have the 18 point skill??

I can tell you right now the way the sims is with my 18 point commander, it suxs big time and I would rather go back to the 17 point skill, as it performed way better than it is now.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,827 battles

Yes. Yobbo. You. You alone.

We decided to make your RNG bad after your 18th Point Captain. And just you alone.

This is because we need our daily salt intake. And we collectively agreed that your salt is the saltiest. It goes well with our kompot.

Sincerely,

WG Dev Team

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

But in all seriously, since I had the 18 point commander, nothing seems to be going right and the ship feels a lot different.

The 4 biggest problems seem to be getting set on fire, getting engine knocked out,  dispersion is every where and cant seem to set any ships on fire but yet I get set on fire all the time.

753 posts
8,965 battles

So now I got a 18 point commander in my Gearing, that I use in my sims for ranked battles.

Now every since I got that 18 point commander(tonight), I cant seem to hit a damn thing, my shell dispersion is all over the place and every other ship manages to hit me at all ranges and every time I get hit, I lose my engine, even with the -20% mod for engine getting knocked out.

Now yes I know you're  all going to say yeah its just RNG blah blah blah, yeah, sure I would say that as well but and its a big but, after playing the sims for as long as I have and playing as many battles I have in it, I've not had this problem that I am having  now, never had the engine knocked out this much and I'm talking about every battle and every time I get hit, and no it hasnt happened like this before, as I said ive played the sims a long time.

Even the shell dispersion is worse. and before you say anything, over the last few days ive played the sims a lot and I can pick up on the differences, its not like I haven't played it for 2-3 weeks then played it again.

I noticed the difference straight after I got the 18 point commander skill.

Is this WG weird sense of humour ?? or their way of balancing the game out when playing against other players who don't have the 18 point skill??

I can tell you right now the way the sims is with my 18 point commander, it suxs big time and I would rather go back to the 17 point skill, as it performed way better than it is now.

But in all seriously

Seriously? I mean really, seriously? 

Beta Tester
913 posts

I'm with yobbo on this one.

The amount of bias in this game hides behind RNG.

I feel the same in my nagato. Alot of pens but no citadel's even 7/8 salvo hits last night at 8clicks out full broadside hit on another nagato. What happens other nagato triple critted me for 45k HP. I have a 16 point captain in my nagato. I'm always faced against 2 BBs.

For the life of me yesterday,i couldn't even finish myoko that had less than 10k HP. I hit him 4/8 shells straight broadside under the superstructure near water line. It did pathetic 5k damage.

So I ended up rolling a Colorado with a 11point captain. Half the game I nearly 1 shot a myoko from 13km taking 30k off him 1 salvo.

There is alot to be said. I'd suggest take notice on some of the salvos that were on target but you get magically robbed of dmg.

In my nagato I can have upwards of 40 penerations. But still no crits.

Makes me start hating this game if it doesn't reward skill.

I don't have salty tears. Those that have played with me know my aim. I can hit DDs from 15km out with a BB.

I am starting to roll ships gimped in rank because the MM decides to give you way harder games for you to carry. Or will rig you out of your well placed shots.

Beta Tester
913 posts

Maybe lol.

But it's ranked battles. Plenty of time to take break after its all over.

There's an element in ranked that you won't find in random battles.

Team work and some ridiculouly close games.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,949 battles

I'm with yobbo on this one.

The amount of bias in this game hides behind RNG.

I feel the same in my nagato. Alot of pens but no citadel's even 7/8 salvo hits last night at 8clicks out full broadside hit on another nagato. What happens other nagato triple critted me for 45k HP. I have a 16 point captain in my nagato. I'm always faced against 2 BBs.

For the life of me yesterday,i couldn't even finish myoko that had less than 10k HP. I hit him 4/8 shells straight broadside under the superstructure near water line. It did pathetic 5k damage.

So I ended up rolling a Colorado with a 11point captain. Half the game I nearly 1 shot a myoko from 13km taking 30k off him 1 salvo.

There is alot to be said. I'd suggest take notice on some of the salvos that were on target but you get magically robbed of dmg.

In my nagato I can have upwards of 40 penerations. But still no crits.

Makes me start hating this game if it doesn't reward skill.

I don't have salty tears. Those that have played with me know my aim. I can hit DDs from 15km out with a BB.

I am starting to roll ships gimped in rank because the MM decides to give you way harder games for you to carry. Or will rig you out of your well placed shots.

thanks.

well get this I was in a pub game the other day in a Russian tier 7 cruiser , a DD dropped some  smoke near an island I was hiding behind and kept on sailing, I was waiting for an American tier 5 cruiser to come round the island and chase the DD. which he did, i was hiding in the smoke, I had AP loaded and was waiting for the Omaha, it sailed past the island chasing the DD and gave me the perfect side on shot. Now remember I'm in a tier 7 Russian cruiser at less than 5 km with perfect side view of a tier 5 American cruiser and I fired at the water line, point blank range all the shells nicely grouped and no citadels and stuff all damage, Hmmm ok reload and fire again, Hmmmmm same thing no citadels and stuff all damage, so then the American cruiser kills the DD and because I'm in smoke he disappears from few just as this happens, I'm loaded and fire at him and this time i get 3 citadels but he still alive and i can no longer see him.

And here's the kicker just as i fired a enemy DD appears behind me from the other side of the island, sails into the smoke and has me cold, i start to move he fires his torps i fire my torps and we both die, ha ha and the American cruiser that didn't die when i put 3 tier 7 salvos  into the middle of his ship at the water line goes onto to cap my team out and win it for them.

Now to me that was RNG at its best making sure my team lost that battle.

I put 24 rounds into the cruiser for about 17.5k damage he should of been dead after the second salvo and not survive after 3 broadside salvos from a tier 7.

Now the game new that DD was coming behind me and thus made sure my shots not kill the cruiser, if he had died after the second salvo, i would of been moving and thus the enemy DD wouldn't of been able to be in position to torp me as he was behind me.

shot-16.07.04_15.39.38-0119.jpg and here u can see my dead ship the enemy dead DD and the last known position of the cruiser. and yes i call BS on the game.

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

Wait, same thing happens for my Nagato with 14 points captain, and my friend's Nagato with 12 points captain..... I think the problem is in the even numbers... :sceptic:

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

thanks.

well get this I was in a pub game the other day in a Russian tier 7 cruiser , a DD dropped some  smoke near an island I was hiding behind and kept on sailing, I was waiting for an American tier 5 cruiser to come round the island and chase the DD. which he did, i was hiding in the smoke, I had AP loaded and was waiting for the Omaha, it sailed past the island chasing the DD and gave me the perfect side on shot. Now remember I'm in a tier 7 Russian cruiser at less than 5 km with perfect side view of a tier 5 American cruiser and I fired at the water line, point blank range all the shells nicely grouped and no citadels and stuff all damage, Hmmm ok reload and fire again, Hmmmmm same thing no citadels and stuff all damage, so then the American cruiser kills the DD and because I'm in smoke he disappears from few just as this happens, I'm loaded and fire at him and this time i get 3 citadels but he still alive and i can no longer see him.

And here's the kicker just as i fired a enemy DD appears behind me from the other side of the island, sails into the smoke and has me cold, i start to move he fires his torps i fire my torps and we both die, ha ha and the American cruiser that didn't die when i put 3 tier 7 salvos  into the middle of his ship at the water line goes onto to cap my team out and win it for them.

Now to me that was RNG at its best making sure my team lost that battle.

I put 24 rounds into the cruiser for about 17.5k damage he should of been dead after the second salvo and not survive after 3 broadside salvos from a tier 7.

Now the game new that DD was coming behind me and thus made sure my shots not kill the cruiser, if he had died after the second salvo, i would of been moving and thus the enemy DD wouldn't of been able to be in position to torp me as he was behind me.

shot-16.07.04_15.39.38-0119.jpg and here u can see my dead ship the enemy dead DD and the last known position of the cruiser. and yes i call BS on the game.

Omaha cit is more to the rear of the ship. Had a New Mex salvo land 10/12 mid-front section no cits, but when I shot the aft part its loads of cits

Beta Tester
913 posts

Is there a place to upload some replays. I gota send you guys a replay of a stupid ridiculous match tonight.

You can tell how ripped off my nagato is.

Then I upload a colorado game as well. Difference is night and day. I don't think its the ships. It can't be that bad.

But it gives you an idea of the amount of pain im suffering playing the nagato with a high level captain.

And yes I know how to play this game. I have at least 9000 games under my belt since second weekend beta and closed beta, plus live.

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

Is there a place to upload some replays. I gota send you guys a replay of a stupid ridiculous match tonight.

You can tell how ripped off my nagato is.

Then I upload a colorado game as well. Difference is night and day. I don't think its the ships. It can't be that bad.

But it gives you an idea of the amount of pain im suffering playing the nagato with a high level captain.

And yes I know how to play this game. I have at least 9000 games under my belt since second weekend beta and closed beta, plus live.

Upload here and give them link: http://wowreplays.com/

683 posts
7,367 battles

Well, first of all, congratulations to everyone who actually able to grind out an 17/18 skill points captain :honoring: It's considered something very though for me, especially trying to grind for ships that I'm not good at.

myself having a 16 point captain for me Tirpitz, so far I didn't feel what have Yobbo and SlamUez felt, maybe it wasn't 17 points yet or maybe I'm not very consistent in playing WOWs.

But seriously, if it (gaining 17/18 points) cause a worse dispersion and shell hits, it sounds... disheartening (and I thought more skilled captain/crew would have much better battle performance :P )

Beta Tester
913 posts

Bought an Arizona. Put a 16point captain on it. the dispersion was bad. Some salvos were like a shotgun. It took me 30-50 rounds to kill a broadside new Mexico on 15klicks out. Its nothing like the ichase videos. Or I suddenly forgot how to play the game. I did 88k dmg with 64rounds hit.

I'll upload a replay of the game. I'll try with a newbie level 1 captain tonight and report back.

My ships were fully upgraded, decked out with consumables. Just like the rigged nagato.