You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jnglmpera

Do you believe Wargaming should bring back the Rising Sun?

9 comments in this topic

2 posts

Recently, Wargaming removed the Rising Sun from IJN Vessels within World of Warships because of complaints that claim they were a symbol of Japanese atrocity during the Second World War. Many Japanese people responded to this issue by starting a petition to bring back the flag to the game, arguing that there is no reason to delete a flag that is not illegal for use, but rather is still used by the JMSDF. Any thoughts? I personally think WG should bring back the flag for that very reason: The Rising Sun was used by the Navy way before WWII, and the flag is still in use currently by the JMSDF and therefore should not and cannot be associated with the Nazi Swastika, which is banned in most European countries including Germany.

The matter has been discussed and the decision is that the flag will not appear in-game

Please do not bring politics into the forums. Thread closed.

~Centurion_NZ

Edited by Centurion_NZ

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

This topic has been done before. The Official statement is that WG will not be including the Rising Sun, if you want it, you have to mod it.

Oh, and its not just the Japanese people who have a say, many Asian countries suffered at their hands during WWII,and would be happy if it was not brought into the game.

Alpha Tester
60 posts
635 battles

Use mods. Simply as that. This has been discussed many times, and WG doesn't want to deal with useless controversy

Blame that to "certain" countries that still keeping their butthurt even after war is over

Edited by Isuzu_Hana

2 posts

This topic has been done before. The Official statement is that WG will not be including the Rising Sun, if you want it, you have to mod it.

Oh, and its not just the Japanese people who have a say, many Asian countries suffered at their hands during WWII,and would be happy if it was not brought into the game.

I follow the petition comments pretty closely, but many non-Japanese comments on that petition that I found comes from Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, and Hong Kong. All of these countries have had a history of Japanese occupation (except Thailand, who was allied to Japan and saw Japanese forces within its borders) before and during WWII.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

I am aware that many non Japanese people have voted for the Rising Sun, however, its WG's call, and they are doing this from a business perspective.

The mod to change the flags will be available once we are at open beta test (I already have pirate flags, AALG has the RS flags).

Beta Tester
856 posts
746 battles

I follow the petition comments pretty closely, but many non-Japanese comments on that petition that I found comes from Taiwan, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, and Hong Kong. All of these countries have had a history of Japanese occupation (except Thailand, who was allied to Japan and saw Japanese forces within its borders) before and during WWII.

because them butthurts just ruined it.......and because of that WG decided not to......

mods is the only way....

:honoring:

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
820 posts
932 battles

Recently, Wargaming removed the Rising Sun from IJN Vessels within World of Warships because of complaints that claim they were a symbol of Japanese atrocity during the Second World War. Many Japanese people responded to this issue by starting a petition to bring back the flag to the game, arguing that there is no reason to delete a flag that is not illegal for use, but rather is still used by the JMSDF. Any thoughts? I personally think WG should bring back the flag for that very reason: The Rising Sun was used by the Navy way before WWII, and the flag is still in use currently by the JMSDF and therefore should not and cannot be associated with the Nazi Swastika, which is banned in most European countries including Germany.

Not recently, but since the start. The reason has been explained previously, and there is a mod made and available for the Alpha testers in the Closed Alpha section, for those who want to use the the Rising Sun pennant.

Thread closed.

/AALG.