Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Charlie_Zeng

why does wg tend to keep ijn DD as now they are

27 comments in this topic

51 posts
8,008 battles

What do ijn DDs have?

[content removed] guns which can't even make a draw with lower tier USSR/USN dds

Fewest torps until shimakaze while your torps can't be called better than USN. I mean, safety which gives players hit ratio is also important and should be count into torps scores. and high tier ijn DDs can't get a high-speed, uneasy-to-be-detected, long-range torp while gearing has, and ijn's guns are worst

Seems a little easier to hide but fubuki and kagero are slower than their usn rival with the same tier,  and shimakaze the same 5.9km with gearing

The most players have ijn DDs but :

The lowest wr in T10 is shimakaze. Even midway is better as CV have a different mm. And survival is much worse since 0.5.6

We know it's usual for T10 to get a wr higher than 0.5 as usually we have T8&9 to sacrifice themselves and more inexperienced players hide their profile(as we can see the average wr on third party data sites are all over 0.5) and even though with that shimakaze(and midway of course) have a bad wr.

And now wg: they will remain

Aren't the ijn DDs [content removed] bad enough? It should get buff. Now gearing is nearly perfect and shimakaze is totally a shit. That's what our wg called balanced, or interesting,or various?

Profanity. Post edited, user warned.

~amade

Edited by amade

1,125 posts

while it's true that IJNDD gun are bad, but it hit very hard, I use to kill enemy fletcher with 1,000~1,500 hp left in 1 salvo

so use it in right situation is pretty good, I even harass BB form behind their turret he he he he.

as for torp.... well, I kinda understand that torpedo is the most dangerous armament in game so, it can't be made for easily to hit

but to unable to hit at all is frustrated for me too T_T

think about nuclear weapon, it's big, massive destructive power and hard to use

so IRL they invent a new tactical warhead 'davy crockett' with less bang small easy to carry in 1 person....

so why not adopt those idea?

make some tactical torpedo warhead, damage is only 1000 - 2000 but more speedy and stealthy less reload time and easier to hit.

just my opinion  though.

412 posts
9,228 battles

One day somebody was using his hatsuharu like a gunboat, he sunk me and a kiev, both by guns. I'm using mahan at that time.

shameful experience for me as a gunboat capn ;w;

1,125 posts

One day somebody was using his hatsuharu like a gunboat, he sunk me and a kiev, both by guns. I'm using mahan at that time.

shameful experience for me as a gunboat capn ;w;

I think I heard your Avatar said, 'being sunk by Hatsu-chan is Daijobudesu!'

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

The 127mm need buffs if they aren't going to change the torpedoes, if you ask me.

The only benefit to IJN DDs right now at T8+ is their concealment.

Speed? Lel

HP? Lel

Torpedoes? Other DDs can do it

Guns? Good for beginning an engagement from concealment, bad for sustaining long firefights, in short: Lel

AA? What AA?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

shimakaze shit? pls

even with 10k torpedo shimakaze is still stronk. and she got 15 of them. more than any dd ever had.

she's also fast and fletcher and gearing has no way on catching up on her. so as long as you don't go near any of them you are fine.

her guns are also hit hard and hit fast, very hard to evade even with usn dd.

even in my fletcher i dont really like engaging shimakaze and kagerou, specially those captain who know how to use their guns. not only they have more HP then me because of survivavilty skill, their guns also hit guns and can still focus on evading my shots. while i have to out dps them with my peashoorter while i constantly on watch with their torpedo. which can decrease my dps because i have to stop shooting for few seconds.

its really hard, even if i came on top of the engagement, most of the time i only have too few HP to engage another destroyer in a melee.

403 posts
8,177 battles

Honestly when I saw the title I was expecting a "DD OP nerf torpedos pls" post. At this point I would like to point out that the choice of torpedos in  IJN DDs affect playstyle drastically especially at the top tiers. When they rebalanced the torps they introduced equally viable options in tiers 8-10. If you have problems with being spotted, then hang back and use the long-range torps to do area denial (you can give the 20km range ones a decent speed boost with the captain skill, since 16km is still quite good anyway). I personally use the 10km torpedos for active hunting.

And if you are relying on your guns to save you, don't.

Senior Moderator
1,129 posts

No !! those ships not actually exist !!! unlike Shima-tan the fastest irl DD !!!  

The French beg to differ....The Le Fantasque class DD to be precise

Hope they come in game with max speed of 45kts.........in reverse :D:D:D

Edited by ADM_dude

[KGHSF]
3,203 posts
6,030 battles

Faster is not enough don't trust your life on the speed shima-tan something make you good such as the gun 

If they see you, you be finished. :sceptic:

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

The French beg to differ....The Le Fantasque class DD to be precise

I have a proof that Shima-tan is the fastest DD from the most reliable source !!!

Le Fantasque and her sisters had a top speed of 45 knots as opposed to Shimakaze's 40.9 knots. However if one considers offshore speed, Shimakaze would be the fastest destroyer at that time.

Faster is not enough don't trust your life on the speed shima-tan something make you good such as the gun 

If they see you, you be finished. :sceptic:

Shima-tan have 15 torpedoes with 3 Rensouhou-chan to pew pew incoming Murica !!! most advantage Shima-tan have is speeedz no way Murica can catch Shima-tan because they slooooowwww !!!

Super Tester
2,725 posts

IJN Destroyers' guns only have bad rate of fire, not entirely bad gun stats.

The only time you would use your main guns is when encountered a badly damaged destroyer or ship. With good hits per salvo, you'll able to dash big damage. Still your primary role is to make some damage with torpedo spreads and deny enemy advance.

1,125 posts

just now many people can do that good? and how much luck that involve?

imagine if DD he encounter at first are gearing or khab not a fubuki...

and... oh yeah, no CV too,

... well, I don't know about shima yet since I'm still gilt my teeth against kagero

Edited by PGM991

[KGHSF]
3,203 posts
6,030 battles

All you have to know is Shima-tan the fastest ship !!!

Everyone supposed shima-tan OP why didn't we play only one shima?

:teethhappy: I leave you alone, I know what are you doing.

Because you are best in fantasy.

Edited by THAI_THIEF

Beta Tester
296 posts
12,475 battles

Its weird how Type 93 are much easier to detect than regular torpedo.

I know WoWs is not a simulator, but those Mark16 travel at the same speed with better concealment with just 1000 less damage and reload much faster.

[KGHSF]
3,203 posts
6,030 battles

I know WoWs is not a simulator, but those Mark16 travel at the same speed with better concealment with just 1000 less damage and reload much faster.

It's hit my spot Mk16 is stealth torps 

563 posts
4,686 battles

Agree, from what I heard, the torp have new propulsion system that use some oxygen thingy.. The thing is it doesn't leave much trails of bubble.. So logically it should be harder to detect

451 posts
6,946 battles

Agree, from what I heard, the torp have new propulsion system that use some oxygen thingy.. The thing is it doesn't leave much trails of bubble.. So logically it should be harder to detect

agree, even the F3 is really easy to spot and avoid after vigilance invested

435 posts
6,169 battles

When is wg going bring back Gremyashchy, I thought as a ussr DD it had 4km torps until got hit with 8km torps, nice ship, I want one!

Edited by Yul_Brynner

1,125 posts

IMO, Torpedo permanently spot SHOULD be remove.

when plane fly over and detect torpedo... okay, but when it fly out of range, those torpedo should become conceal again until it spot by some other thing.

for torpedo to be permanently spot, it seem unfair for IJNDD that specialize in torpedo, or any other ship.

today every time I hit 'Battle' button I pray to MM

'don't put CV in this match, don't put CV in this match, don't put CV in this match'

their plane completely ruin IJNDD life in more way than one =w=

Edited by PGM991

Sign in to follow this