Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Grimnar42

NA server

5 comments in this topic

334 posts
12,993 battles

So for various reasons I am thinking about starting an account on NA server so can someone walk me through the process.

1: are there any rules against having 2 accounts one here on Asia and one on NA

2: I do have to start a whole new account right can I use same user name on NA server as Asia

3: can they both live together on same PC I assume I would need to install NA to different folder or drive so it doesn't overwrite current Asia folder

Anything I should know beforehand

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

1. you are free to have 4 different accounts with 4 different usernames with the same email in 4 different servers, 1 each server

2. Yes

3. You can place it in different folder instead and make a shortcut on dekstop or start window with different name, by rename the shortcut for respective server and then place it in start window

make sure you change the directory before installing the launcher first time

I did place my... Weekend test, Alpha test, Super Test, Public Test, and Current client in different Folder (have to sacrifice 2-3 for Skyrim :P)

Edited by Harpoon01

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

1. No rules that I know of.

2. Yes. Start whole new account. You can use the same name IIRC but try not it. I remember it messes up when trying to award / do public tests.

3. Instead of having 2 separate clients, try the Region Changer Mod instead. You can find it in Aslains Modpack.

334 posts
12,993 battles

Region changer wouldn't mess anything up with current Asia server ?? I only really want to see if NA would be viable I suspect ping may be to high to be playable I get around 105 on Asia can't really see NA being better

Well tried it out and everything seems to work fine ....interesting bit is I am getting the same ping

Edited by Grimnar42

Alpha Tester
392 posts

Alternatively you can download the scripts_config, unzip it and place it in the 0.5.7 folder via res_mods. This allows you to play on all servers without having to install the NA client (note that you have to retype your email and password whenever you select a different server from the dropdown menu). Simple drag and drop, don't touch anything else. Make sure you use your NA email and password when logging into the NA server.

Logged into my NA account for the first time since Alpha and saw a shiny new Iwaki Alpha waiting for me. =D

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/21275-tip-how-to-change-server-and-play-wows-on-all-servers-eu-na-ru-asia-using-one-game-client/ (DON'T follow the instructions in the link, it's outdated. Just do what I mentioned earlier.)

Be warned though, if either server receives any patch updates first you won't be able to log into your NA account until the other client is also updated.

Edited by Nikolaevna

Sign in to follow this