You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

Montana HE OP

26 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

So I was sailing my derpitz around today and I took a full salvo of HE from a Monty at long rangs, 16k damage, 2 fires with citadel sound. The other guy shooting at me was a Hindernberg and I was bow on to him and he was shooting AP. WTF RNG are you mad? Or was the Tirpitz missing armour true? The shells landed around rear section, where I have landed citadels on with NO and Balti before on super harsh angles. Citadelling angled Tirpitz with 203 isn't everyday things okay, you probs won't even cit South Carolina if it is angled with 203mm. And yes I was somewhat angled towards that Monty. 100& sure it was HE. I will post replay if I find it

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

you do know that's 12 guns right, last i did something like that with HE (no citadels) was with Izumo, and landed exactly 9 hits, 12k HE damage against another izumo. But yea, it all depends on RNG itself

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

you do know that's 12 guns right, last i did something like that with HE (no citadels) was with Izumo, and landed exactly 9 hits, 12k HE damage against another izumo. But yea, it all depends on RNG itself

I know dude, but there was heavy damage, citadel sound (I know it also applies to heavy damage but still) and for a Monty to hit 12 shells at 16km+ is a bit weird

451 posts
6,946 battles

I thought they buffed the accuracy of the monty via the equipment

Edited by Kleiss

139 posts
5,876 battles

Isn't the ringing sound indication of taking heavy damage in a single salvo, and not necessarily a citadel hit? You could also get that sound by taking heavy damage in a DD.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Isn't the ringing sound indication of taking heavy damage in a single salvo, and not necessarily a citadel hit? You could also get that sound by taking heavy damage in a DD.

idk, all this time the ringing sound i received only caused by High "Penetrating" Damage (AP)

need someone to test it out with "Atlanta" vs a poor destroyer

507 posts
9,828 battles

Yea taking a significant percent of damage in one salve makes that sound.i think its like more than 20 - 30 % of Ships health pool.it's kinda annoying tho..

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,290 posts

Why is a Montana BB shooting HE at another BB?

Muppet play in my books.

12 rounds of AP would have wiped you out.

Edited by EvacuateBowel

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Muppet play in my books.

You're kidding, right?

If a battleship's bow is facing you, your AP shots generally will not penetrate the ship enough to cause serious damage. In such cases, HE is preferable, but then it simply becomes a matter of timing your salvoes so that when you have AP loaded, the enemy is perpendicular to your guns, and HE if parallel to your guns.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

Which you'll never get a proper sense of playing PVE.

Super Tester
1,634 posts
4,639 battles

I didn't know that all ships YOLOing to the middle of the map and ramming each other to death allowed you to develop that. 

451 posts
6,946 battles

The sound will be changed to a hollow one (imagine suddenly being thrown into a soundless void for a few seconds) in the next patch

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,576 battles

So I was sailing my derpitz around today and I took a full salvo of HE from a Monty at long rangs, 16k damage, 2 fires with citadel sound. The other guy shooting at me was a Hindernberg and I was bow on to him and he was shooting AP. WTF RNG are you mad? Or was the Tirpitz missing armour true? The shells landed around rear section, where I have landed citadels on with NO and Balti before on super harsh angles. Citadelling angled Tirpitz with 203 isn't everyday things okay, you probs won't even cit South Carolina if it is angled with 203mm. And yes I was somewhat angled towards that Monty. 100& sure it was HE. I will post replay if I find it

dude, you DO remember that montana is the t12 USN CA right? no fault to spam HE in a CA:trollface:

Beta Tester
913 posts

dude, you DO remember that montana is the t12 USN CA right? no fault to spam HE in a CA:trollface:

LOL thats funny.

HE has its uses, even in a BB. Yesterday in ranked I was in a lolorado. I saw tinker_poi in his nagato 15km out. Already used his repair. I fired off a HE salvo at him. Light 2 fires, CA's kept going. Another 1 fire.

Before you know it, half his HP is gone and still burning for 3 fires. A DD smokes him, but too late, he burnt to the ground.

Ask me why I had HE loaded, He was angled. I knew to load it in advance and wait for his repair. When I know it was used, I fired, at 30% chance of fire, and hitting around 4-8 shells you have a good chance to stack a DOT on him. It worked.

So never underestimate HE =D.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

LOL thats funny.

HE has its uses, even in a BB. Yesterday in ranked I was in a lolorado. I saw tinker_poi in his nagato 15km out. Already used his repair. I fired off a HE salvo at him. Light 2 fires, CA's kept going. Another 1 fire.

Before you know it, half his HP is gone and still burning for 3 fires. A DD smokes him, but too late, he burnt to the ground.

Ask me why I had HE loaded, He was angled. I knew to load it in advance and wait for his repair. When I know it was used, I fired, at 30% chance of fire, and hitting around 4-8 shells you have a good chance to stack a DOT on him. It worked.

So never underestimate HE =D.

Of course, I have done 16k damage HE salvo in ranked with Fuso before on enemy Colorado. But that Monty fired HE the whole damn match, every single salvo

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Muppet play in my books.

12 rounds of AP on my angled Tirpitz. Yeah nah not like that will kill me

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,447 battles

Who said BB need to use AP all the way D:

and that was a 406mm HE in 12 shots

Its already a sign of bad luck when u get matched up against Tier X in Derpiz:D

Edited by R3negade

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

well maybe since Monty has 12 shells I should just use HE if there isn't much CA in the match (once I get Monty) and swap to AP after I get within 12km of BB so I can actually pen them no matter what (especially yammy)

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,447 battles

well maybe since Monty has 12 shells I should just use HE if there isn't much CA in the match (once I get Monty) and swap to AP after I get within 12km of BB so I can actually pen them no matter what (especially yammy)

1. Bow in and charge

2. HE and Torpedo

3. Exit to port and profit

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

what 

1. Bow in and charge

2. HE and Torpedo

3. Exit to port and profit

But monty doesnt have torps

unless you are talking about my Tirpitz

did that earlier today lol