You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kleiss

Colorado:

7 comments in this topic

451 posts
6,946 battles

This thing is a monster in ranked. It craps on Nagatos (what is angling), Warspites, every single CA u come across, and bounces 356s like nothing.

I've got very few battles in her, but i now love her more than the New Mexico or the Nagato. I'd like to share 1-2 things I did to improve my aim. Please correct me if it's just RNG or some other factor.

1) Camera group: I fire from the rear group instead of the front group. Front camera group seems to throw me off aim for some reason.

2) Work on my vertical aim. In the Colorado, it's not so much about the horizontal aim correction; it's pretty forgiving in that. The issue with the Colorado is that it is very demanding in the vertical aim department, unlike most ships. One slight mis-aim too high or low,  and the shells will either disperse off the enemy superstructure or miss the target entirely. Therefore, I believe that mastering vertical lead is the key to dominating in the Colorado. You have to be on point in the vertical aim for your shots to devastate enemies. If you're on point, dispersion no longer plays a huge part.

I am waiting for the warships.today to update the stats. I had much more than 13 battles in the Colorado and my average damage per match should be 50k.

TL;DR; the Colorado isn't bad, it requires a different dimension of mastery. I have learnt a lot from playing the Colorado right from stock all the way to Hull C. Please share your thoughts!

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Colorado is a monster if you don't turn into a BBQ or fish magnet. I did 178k in A hull before (why do I keep bragging about this) and yes it is very powerful in ranked. Onlg reason I don't use ir anymore is because I am done with it and up to NC now XD (NC dispersion SUCKS)

[ATLAS]
66 posts
8,401 battles

colorado is one of my favourite bb now :P

gives 2 citadel on iowa in 19 km distance shooting:teethhappy:

Edited by kuarif

563 posts
4,686 battles

Yup.. How to damage this thing? I'm in my fuso unleashing a full 12 356mm guns.. 9 hits 6k damage, repeat the process.. 5-6k damage. I was only 8km from that thing. Whenever I met this thing I'll try to ram it. *i detonated this thing once, can't even believe it until now*

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Yup.. How to damage this thing? I'm in my fuso unleashing a full 12 356mm guns.. 9 hits 6k damage, repeat the process.. 5-6k damage. I was only 8km from that thing. Whenever I met this thing I'll try to ram it. *i detonated this thing once, can't even believe it until now*

lol I got detonated by a div mate once. My computer was lagging out that match and I was like: F this kill me

One torp detonation from full HP. Ayy free flags