Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

Secondary's

43 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Has any one else noticed with BB secondary's, that at point blank range they hit the hull and do no damage what so ever to enemy ships that are 1-4km away from you??

I was in my lzumo and I surprised a ibuki around a island his bow was pointing at me(so he couldn't fire torps), he was on half health he turned, I fired my main guns at him and hit but no citadels even tho he was broadside onto me at 5km,and only hit him with 3 rounds out of 6 (this happens a lot at point blank range, shells tend to miss still).

He was on very low HP 1124hp and me thinking my secondary's will take care of him and he thinking it be funny to RAM me and kill me ha ha.

So anyways my secondary's hit him 45 times, 41 HE and 4 AP rounds and guess what?, no damage to him at all and he being on low HP(1124) rams me and kills me and that helps his team win the battle, (I was on just under half health).

So something needs to be done about secondary's not doing any damage at all at point plank range.

shot-16.07.03_12.44.31-0294.jpg

Also as you can see I lost 20 AA guns but I have the Auxiliary Armaments mod 1 which is meant to give 100% survivability to AA and secondary guns. So why did I have 20 of them destroy?

Edited by yobbo1972

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

Strange.I have Secondary Upgrade on one of my ARP Kongo's,and in one match I was getting approx 20% hits with them.

Had 50 or so total hits and got about 2000XP damage out of them in the match.From what I understand I could see the AP not doing anything,but would have thought the HE would have done something.

Super Tester
2,725 posts

Also as you can see I lost 20 AA guns but I have the Auxiliary Armaments mod 1 which is meant to give 100% survivability to AA and secondary guns. So why did I have 20 of them destroy?

Not quite sure what they mean 100% survivability. My wild guess is..... twice the HP amount of their original HP.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Not quite sure what they mean 100% survivability. My wild guess is..... twice the HP amount of their original HP.

well to me 100% survivability means that they don't get destroyed.

its doesn't mean x200% hit points ?? 100% and x200% is 2 different things is it not??

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

shot-16.07.03_13.38.24-0278.jpg

As you can see in this battle my secondary's did well at longer range and I got 3 kills with them.

But at point blank range you cant do any damage with them at all and that's not right and should be fixed.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Reread the description. It says +100% survivability.

Low caliber secondaries shooting HE into CA/BB hulls isn't going to do anything at all.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

HE pen is [caliber/6] e.g. 120mm secondaries can pen up to 20mm with HE

You're probably not penning the hull with the secondaries.

+100% survivability is +100% hp.

Survivability is also known as your ships survivability aka. Ship HP.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

I didn't think 127mm and 155mm guns were low caliber.

considering the 127mm guns are the same guns used on DDs and they do damage when they hit hulls of CA and BBs.

45 hits for no damage is just BS

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

considering the 127mm guns are the same guns used on DDs and they do damage when they hit hulls of CA and BBs.

No, they don't.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

well I still think its not right at that range, that guns cant do any damage at all.

it would be nice if that could change.

As it is its hard enough to get BB players to get close to other enemy ships as it is.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Don't ships have a pool of damage on each ship section and that can be used up -i.e, if the forward section has total HP of 5000, once gone, no more damage can be done?

Maybe your guns were hitting where the HP had been removed already? You did say the target ship was already low on HP.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

I didn't think 127mm and 155mm guns were low caliber.

45 hits for no damage is just BS

DD dont do damage if it shooting hull, nor starting fires

hi tier CA were designed to be able to withstand poundng from 8 inch Gun, even more so for BB. 5 and 6,1 inch gun were only scratching paint

Super Tester
2,725 posts

well to me 100% survivability means that they don't get destroyed.

Not sure it's sarcasm or just yobbo's logic :P

Low caliber secondaries shooting HE into CA/BB hulls isn't going to do anything at all.

Man.... this reminds me of my Nicholas & Grevny gameplay experience against battleships & heavy cruisers. And yeah, chip off quite few HP per salvo but lucky you to set him on fire.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

Still don't think its right, that secondary's, that are meant to be close range protection cant actually protect you at all from other ships at close range.

I do think this need to be looked at and fixed.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

Yeah, they're aiming at the waterline instead of the superstructure. At longer ranges, where the shells arc a lot, it's not so noticeable and you'll get superstructure and deck hits just from the dispersion. But up close, it's horribly ineffective. Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes...

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yeah at close range the shells hit the middle of the ship and hit the hull for no damage.

Its like the aiming point is middle of ship as dead centre of the ship inside the hull etc.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,803 battles

It needs to be changed so that:

1) All secondaries fire HE because AP is useless...

2) Secondaries aim for the superstructure. Not the hull.

1,107 posts
7,844 battles

Its hard, since the dispersion in secondaries were "all in one arrangement", If it aim at supperstructure - then it will worsen accuracy against destroyer. since DD have small supperstructure. while now it aim at hull, which make it bounce offcapital ships hull

Secondary should have variable Targeting (alternate shoot pattern) when shooting diffrent classes of ship, so it have Diffrent Dispersion, Grouping, accuracy and overall performance  when shooting destroyers and another diffrent shoot pattern when shooting BB for example. it will makes Balancing easier but prob gonna use more CPU usage

Secondaries also need to have more aiming point, not just aiming at center but also aft and bow, not just it visualy more appealing, it can also have higher chance on starting multiple fires. making close quarter more fun

Edited by humusz

[_BST_]
[_BST_]
250 posts
12,839 battles

One of my ARP Kongo's secondaries killed of two destroyers at point blank range in one game over the weekend earning a double Close Quarters.

Still wish they had more punch, longer ranger or a higher rate of fire to deal with aggressive destroyers.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

It needs to be changed so that:

1) All secondaries fire HE because AP is useless...

5ArWMKz.jpg

Mind, I was using Nagato. Targets were the Fuso and the Kongo.

AP to the superstructure actually works better than plinking to battleship belt armor. Also compare the number of shells fired.

1,068 posts
3,847 battles

One of my ARP Kongo's secondaries killed of two destroyers at point blank range in one game over the weekend earning a double Close Quarters.

Still wish they had more punch, longer ranger or a higher rate of fire to deal with aggressive destroyers.

Get the Upgrade Secondary Battery Mod 2 ( 20% more range and 20% more accuracy ) on your Kongo,and go for the Captain Skills: Basic Firing Training  (10%  faster reload ) and Advanced Firing Training (  20% more range ) when you get the points do so,that will help.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Get the Upgrade Secondary Battery Mod 2 ( 20% more range and 20% more accuracy ) on your Kongo,and go for the Captain Skills: Basic Firing Training  (10%  faster reload ) and Advanced Firing Training (  20% more range ) when you get the points do so,that will help.

Building kongo for secondary is a waste. Kongo is not a brawler no matter how much you love it. Battlecruiser armor is lol.

Sign in to follow this