Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

New name for ranked battles

12 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

The new name for the next season of ranked battles should be.

"Nagato camping, wallet warrior gunboat DD, no idea of how to stay together/support/communicate/protect caps and torpedo spam with no hope of hitting anything battle".

Not necessarily in that order and can be shortened into acronym form. I will persevere until the end of this season albeit at the expense of my sanity but the next seasons title should be changed to clarify the true nature of the mode. 

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

I'll just leave this here.

In all honesty, we tend to get too caught up with individual skill in ships. Not that it doesn't matter, but there IS something a lot more important in team games such as this: teamwork. And teamwork isn't just about individually playing well or having other people enable your own gameplay, but adapting your own skills into enabling less-skilled players to win. That means babysitting, forgoing kills or damage, providing just that little bit of psychological support to an ally to enable them, unskilled as they are, to perform better than they would alone. That, I think, is a much, much harder skill to learn, and is what ranked is trying to do to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Some of my absolute best games, whether in random or in ranked, have come with absolutely zero vocal communication between players beyond the F-commands, but each player actively enabling each other to win. Ships giving up easy kills to prioritize driving away enemies, others sacrificing their HP to draw fire from allies, focusing attacks with a disregard for personal damage/kill numbers, etc.

Edited by Syanda

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,704 battles

Nice link Syanda.

Yes i concur with that post, getting to ten was easy and easy enough to carry and solo it. Ten onwards takes some measure of skill and working with the team.

Alpha Tester
802 posts
2,945 battles

not for me. im stuck at rank 20. I get more bad teams than good.

I even get afk top tier BB's that don't play at all.

I remember before the bad advice series started WG really wanted people to be moving in their ships, but I'm seeing lots of players using peek a boo tactics behind islands, and they are very hard to hit. 

And that straight map in ranked.....really bad. It forces teams to sit either side of centre of the map and camp because if you try push through the centre, you get huge damage as you can't dodge fire, there are too many islands.

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,817 battles

I'll say this after reaching Rank 1.

Rank 5-2 games are just really awesome. DDs will actively smoke BBs, and will let you know when the smoke is running out so you can start moving and another DD can lay down another smoke. Communication is much better there, players try to speak up. Rank 5-2 games are so much better.

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,442 battles

I am very surprised that the dev have failed to notice how the MM ruined the Ranked because both team don't get same ship compositions. In the fourth season

Edited by R3negade

6 posts
531 battles

Nice link Syanda.  and so true in its contents.

Thats why it makes me angry sometimes that although U are doing the right thing by keeping 2 BB  1 DD  3 CL/CA busy on one flanke of the map

in Your Watakate, Isokaze, Minekaze, giving Ur team tactical and firepower-advantage which finally leads to victory and by WOWS U get the comment "..U havend proven Yourself in battle...." :)

There should be some compensation for fire drawn upon one self, relieving the team....

BTW with 30% Hit rate I am a bot too? Learn aiming and leading mate and use the aimbot called "B-R-A-I-N"

BTW2 - it seems to me as if your own ships speed and target-relative vector influence the neccessary lead too - someone else made that experience ?

Edited by BBcaptain001

753 posts
8,965 battles

getting to ten was easy and easy enough to carry and solo it. Ten onwards takes some measure of skill and working with the team.

I agree but once you hit 10 nothing changes in regards to team work, the only difference at rank 10 is the extended queue time.

Ships giving up easy kills to prioritize driving away enemies, others sacrificing their HP to draw fire from allies, focusing attacks with a disregard for personal damage/kill numbers, etc.

When this does happen, which is rarely, it does create a cohesive team which many times I have seen come back from the brink of defeat. However, with this new initiative of the highest scoring player of the losing team not losing a star, when the game does appear to be lost most players focus solely on achieving this rather than attempting to salvage a win with a concerted remaining team effort. 

1,842 posts
8,112 battles

"Nagato camping, wallet warrior gunboat DD, no idea of how to stay together/support/communicate/protect caps and torpedo spam with no hope of hitting anything battle".

Pffft :D

I just wanted the "Midway Flag"

[SGC]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,817 battles

Ranked battles highlights all the things wrong with this server and the game as a whole - stupid people, and MM that is inconsistent.

This is true sadly...

Until you reach Rank 5-2 games. Where players are actually good and play as a team.

Sign in to follow this