You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Trojan63

20 air kills in a BB near impossible

31 comments in this topic

753 posts
8,965 battles

The current event that requires 20 air kills in a BB is proving difficult to achieve.

The lack of CV players also compounds this, although I did manage to get one match with 2 CV's per team but for the entire match the enemy planes came nowhere near me. :(

This would have been ideal at any other time but not when I actually want to rush into squadrons of bombers like a Cleveland. :D

[AUSNZ]
420 posts
16,049 battles

There is still quite a few T8 CV's going around so a NC or Amagi can clear it pretty quickly.

415 posts
10,918 battles

Pair up with a CV captain. Bring a Texas, New Mex or Colorado, then sail somewhere solo. Should be able to clear the mission in one battle.

I'm about to attempt the sail off alone somewhere in my Texas and taunt a few CV's :child:

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,019 battles

Pair up with a CV captain. Bring a Texas, New Mex or Colorado, then sail somewhere solo. Should be able to clear the mission in one battle.

Not so sure about the New Mex, there... I don't recall it having fantastic AA.

199 posts
6,037 battles

Not so sure about the New Mex, there... I don't recall it having fantastic AA.

My New Mexico manage to take down 14 planes before destroyed. Doesn't one of US BBs advantage is superior AA? Because it is the advantage of US BBs.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,019 battles

My New Mexico manage to take down 14 planes before destroyed. Doesn't one of US BBs advantage is superior AA? Because it is the advantage of US BBs.

I think the whole "AA is great" part of US BBs starts at Colorado. New Mexico AA is decent, but not fantastic.

414 posts
9,257 battles

I shoot down 20 aircraft with my ARP Kongo, basically its not that hard to shoot down that many aircraft w/ BB. The hardest thing is finding the guy who derp enough to station his aircraft above your ship hehe

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

I think the whole "AA is great" part of US BBs starts at Colorado. New Mexico AA is decent, but not fantastic.

Starts at Texas actually.

AA is brilliant.

14 posts
4,924 battles
403 posts
8,185 battles

I shoot down 20 aircraft with my ARP Kongo, basically its not that hard to shoot down that many aircraft w/ BB. The hardest thing is finding the guy who derp enough to station his aircraft above your ship hehe

My Kirishima captain has manual AA skill, and the only thing stopping me from killing more planes is the fact that tier 4 carriers do not have enough aircraft to feed me. 16-17 per game is not uncommon

14 posts
4,924 battles

However, I still failed to accomplish "Clear Sky" achievement after I shot down 37 enemy aircraft. Then I start to wonder how many aircraft the Japanese CV have in total?

Edited by Oaksmanor

14 posts
4,924 battles

Starts at Texas actually.

AA is brilliant.

​The disadvantage of Texas are maximum speed and firing (approx. 15 km, 20 knot. ) range compare with IJN Kongo Class (approx. 20 km, 30 knot. ).
Edited by Oaksmanor

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

It's not just about the AA value, but the ability of the battleship to evade strikes so carriers send follow-up attacks, resulting in more plane kills. USN standard-type battleships absolutely shine in this regard thanks to their tight turning circles.

New Mex actually has pretty respectable AA - Maximum I've ever shot down with her was 27 planes in a match. The reason why you want New Mex or New York over the others is because the others tend to have a reputation for brutal AA, which means most sane carrier players will tend to avoid them unless absolutely necessary (which is why playing NC to Montana might be harder to get those sweet, sweet plane kills).

Alpha Tester
18 posts
2,725 battles

Go alone, and send your cordinate to enemy cv..

I did.. And manage to get 18 aircraft..

He got some damage on me, and i got his aircraft.. Good trade.. Hahah

415 posts
10,918 battles

Get yourself USN BB and buff AA. Dunno at what tier but they can get 100 AA stats . 30+ airplanes kill is sure if enemy CV keep coming. 

Not sure about NC but I can tell you Iowa can have 100 AA rating because mine does.

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,703 battles

BBs are easy to get planes in. Hell ive even got a clear sky in an Amagi before..... Tier 6-8 you find them often enough

[LBAS]
4,479 posts
25,659 battles

Remember the first Fleet of Fog missions? kill 20 DD kill 30 CA

Last month CA must slam 30 Torpedos

This month BB acting like CA shoot down 20 planes

Next month CV hit 20 Citidels?

Follow month later DD must drop 20 bomb?

Welcome to Mission Impossible!

Edited by MatterCore