You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FenrirApalis

AFK or disconnected?

8 comments in this topic

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Ok let me get this clear: a player's ship when AFK WILL look different to a player that is disconnected. I have seen a lot of people being disconnected but everyone blame them for being AFK. Now, let me explain this to everyone: when someone is disconnected, their guns face neutral. All of them. Back guns will point directly back and forward guns face directly forward. If someone is AFK then their rear guns will point right (because default aim point is like 1 degree to starboard) sometimes it might face left but you get the idea. If they are AFK then their (usually) rear guns will point somewhere. Now, take a closer look before you call someone AFK (whatever insult you feel like putting here) so you don't blame someone for something they didn't do or using your reports on them for the wrong reason

Thanks for taking your time to read this. Now get back on the high seas

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,856 posts
4,140 battles

And the point is?

An AFK is putting the garbage out or alt/fapping or arguing with their mother (it doesn't matter).  A disconnect has hardware/software/connection issues which they are probably aware of (yes, not always and it also doesn't matter).

AFK or disconnected players still place a burden on their teams and they should fix their behaviour or their computer issues before playing.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

And the point is?

An AFK is putting the garbage out or alt/fapping or arguing with their mother (it doesn't matter).  A disconnect has hardware/software/connection issues which they are probably aware of (yes, not always and it also doesn't matter).

AFK or disconnected players still place a burden on their teams and they should fix their behaviour or their computer issues before playing.

I am saying, before reporting AFK players check to see if they are actually AFK. Sometimes internet cuts out or they decide to run maintainance

575 posts
5,354 battles

I am saying, before reporting AFK players check to see if they are actually AFK. Sometimes internet cuts out or they decide to run maintainance

This happened to me yesterday. My ISP decided to crap on its and I was without internet service for 2.5 hours. Then they wanted to tell me there was no problem and they'd send a tech out. Yeah right. Said tech called the house this morning and confirmed they had major issue yesterday. Goes to show you that CS has no clue what is going on and only follow a preordained script by paper pushers with no clue.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,856 posts
4,140 battles

I am saying that the reason they are disconnected does not negate their lack of input in the game and reports make no difference apart from making the reporting player feel better.  Players are dealt with by the system for continued passive play.

So  I'll continue to use my reports as I see fit thanks.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I am saying that the reason they are disconnected does not negate their lack of input in the game and reports make no difference apart from making the reporting player feel better.  Players are dealt with by the system for continued passive play.

So  I'll continue to use my reports as I see fit thanks.

I am not talking about in game reports, I mean actual reports to the devs for AFK
Edited by FenrirApalis

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,856 posts
4,140 battles

Automated system seems to have the approval of most of the community.  It's just people who have crap comps/connections or need to put the bins out that get salty about it.

1,126 posts

when someone is disconnected, their guns face neutral

not always the case,

if that player are disconnected at the beginning of the match, yes their gun will face neutral.

but for those who disconnected during the match, their gun still point at location they were before disconnect.

I disconnect in middle of the match , either internet problem, or game crash, when I log back in, all my turret are point at same direction before disconnect.

either way, being report did not trigger auto ban or anything.

if WG truly did investigate, they will KNOW if that person are AFK or Disconnect.