Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

8 comments in this topic

496 posts
4,170 battles

For the current 2 tier 7 DD in the premium shop 

i don't see them or more like

i don't "notice" them in my battles

could someone give me a detailed run down in each's pro-cons 

and which one is prefered over the other (optional)

thanks ^_^

Edited by ShiraYukira

451 posts
6,946 battles

I don't own the ships, but i'll give my battle experience against them as a farragut.

I run from a blys. No freaking way i can win the battle with that massive alpha strike. In the past i tried to engage it multiple times but to no avail, so I smoke up and flee.

In my kiev i keep at 8km and hammer down. I don't want to get closer than that.

In a battleship this is my worst nightmare. This thing easily stealthfires and stacks burns without mercy.

Now talking about the sims.

I challenge the sims in my farragut. When it comes to a cap standoff if he smokes i push nearer and torp him. He can't torp me because his torpedoes are trash and i am extremely maneuverable.

In a battleship i don't really care about the sims. I can eat his broadsides of torpedoes and still live for a long time.

Because of this, i highly recommend the blys over the sims simply due to the amazing flexibility the blys has - it just has answers to most situations u will end up in.

Edited by Kleiss

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

depending on your play-style. if you are experience russian DD then go for blyskawica, since it there's hardly any difference between their play style with better HE and a use-able torpedo as bonus. if you are experience USN DD captain then go for Sims. she has very good guns and maneuverability for a destroyer. as bonus, she has the speed that other usn dd didnt have at high tier. at closer range you can bully any other same tier or bellow tier to submission. you also have better DPS than tier 8 usn DD. her biggest weakness is her torpedo.

sim biggest strength rely on her maneuverability and speed, with acceleration module you can dodge lots of torpedo and shells coming at your way. her thigh turning circle allows you to turn on narrow places where other dd has problem maneuvering. her guns has best dps of any destroyer at tier 8 and below.

blyskawica how ever is a sniper dd. because she has higher ruddershift time and slow turret traverse she has lots of problem fighting in close quarter against other DD. you also can exploit the new version of acceleration module unlike IJN and USN dd because of her higher ruddershift time. or you can try but you have to suffer for her base ruddershift time for better acceleration/deceleration.

pick what ever choose your play style. also reminds you that you can buy blyskawica at game tech-tree anytime with gold while sims has limited time on sales.

Edited by yansuki

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Sims has almost double the AA of Blyska.

You can put other US Captains in Sims for training purposes.

US ships have good coffee onboard

Blyska has better torps. And i seem to get torped in my Blyska a lot- slow rudder response.

-

I have both. Strangely, I prefer Blyska for random and Sims for ranked.

also reminds you that you can buy blyskawica at game tech-tree anytime with gold while sims has limited time on sales.

^^ Wise words from yansuki. You may regret not getting Sims while it is available, it may be many moons away from the next sale. 

496 posts
4,170 battles

I don't own the ships, but i'll give my battle experience against them as a farragut.

I run from a blys. No freaking way i can win the battle with that massive alpha strike. In the past i tried to engage it multiple times but to no avail, so I smoke up and flee.

In my kiev i keep at 8km and hammer down. I don't want to get closer than that.

In a battleship this is my worst nightmare. This thing easily stealthfires and stacks burns without mercy.

Now talking about the sims.

I challenge the sims in my farragut. When it comes to a cap standoff if he smokes i push nearer and torp him. He can't torp me because his torpedoes are trash and i am extremely maneuverable.

In a battleship i don't really care about the sims. I can eat his broadsides of torpedoes and still live for a long time.

Because of this, i highly recommend the blys over the sims simply due to the amazing flexibility the blys has - it just has answers to most situations u will end up in.

=D thanks 4 the detailed 

depending on your play-style. if you are experience russian DD then go for blyskawica, since it there's hardly any difference between their play style with better HE and a use-able torpedo as bonus. if you are experience USN DD captain then go for Sims. she has very good guns and maneuverability for a destroyer. as bonus, she has the speed that other usn dd didnt have at high tier. at closer range you can bully any other same tier or bellow tier to submission. you also have better DPS than tier 8 usn DD. her biggest weakness is her torpedo.

pick what ever choose your play style. also reminds you that you can buy blyskawica at game tech-tree anytime with gold while sims has limited time on sales.

Well im more IJN based

and thanks for reminding me that blyskawica is available in the in game tech-tree for purchase

i guess im gonna get sims and blyskawica via dooubloon if i'm late

104 posts
12,437 battles

Sims has almost double the AA of Blyska.

You can put other US Captains in Sims for training purposes.

US ships have good coffee onboard

Blyska has better torps. And i seem to get torped in my Blyska a lot- slow rudder response.

-

I have both. Strangely, I prefer Blyska for random and Sims for ranked.

^^ Wise words from yansuki. You may regret not getting Sims while it is available, it may be many moons away from the next sale. 

​agree, I have both. I also prefer Blys for random and Sims for ranked.

Sign in to follow this