Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
katuiran

Anshan in shop worth it?

10 comments in this topic

15 posts
593 battles

Title says it all. I recently just bought the sims wondering if I should get this one as well. Also, the Blys is on sale too. Decisions decisions.

49 posts

uuhh how to say it, i own anshan and i don't really like it

I recommend Blys even i dont have it cause it's better than the anshan

rather anshan i's like to trade it with lo yang 

if you like SVN DD then it's a good ship, her AP is good 2500 130cm guns can penetrate almost all cruiser under 8-10km (thin armored ones), BUT to citadel cleveland and Buddy need to do it under 5km (aleardy test it) 

her HE is.. same as ognevoi bad... Gremmy is better~

her torp got 8km and 60knots not bad, in most case you rather predict and fire the torp 8km+ (coming ship) or get close and do suicide torping

since you've bought sims if you dont mind same tier then buy blys

blys is beast, 7 guns 1700 he damage 5,9 (BFT) reload, the only advantage anshan vs blys is detection range 7km vs 7,5km (with camo)

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Blys for me. Though as i nearly have the t5 capt skill. The sims might be worth it if you have a 15 pt captain to slot into it right away. 

On the anshan i liked it once you got used to it. 

Beta Tester
2,040 posts
1,326 battles

If you liked the Gnevny, you'll also like the Anshan. It's basically a Gnevny with 8km torps afterall, or a Gremmyaschy but at 1 tier higher if you heard of that ship. :hiding:

The trick with Russian gunboat DD (and Anshan) is to stay at range around 10km and fire away at enemy ships while dodging fire with your small profile and agility. Don't try to gunfight USN DD or solo contest cap zone though, you'll lose most of the time.

Anshan has that 8km torp going for it, which you can use against unsuspecting targets or when you don't have the health to risk gunning enemies. I'd say this ship is a better torpedo boat than the Mutsuki, then again Mutsuki is the stink ship of tier6 so that's not a fair comparison.

The Blys has alot better guns, torps are roughly same deal but Blys is 1 tier higher with also worse stealth, so you won't be using your torps as much unless you have Concealment Expert skill.

15 posts
593 battles

If you liked the Gnevny, you'll also like the Anshan. It's basically a Gnevny with 8km torps afterall, or a Gremmyaschy but at 1 tier higher if you heard of that ship. :hiding:

The trick with Russian gunboat DD (and Anshan) is to stay at range around 10km and fire away at enemy ships while dodging fire with your small profile and agility. Don't try to gunfight USN DD or solo contest cap zone though, you'll lose most of the time.

Anshan has that 8km torp going for it, which you can use against unsuspecting targets or when you don't have the health to risk gunning enemies. I'd say this ship is a better torpedo boat than the Mutsuki, then again Mutsuki is the stink ship of tier6 so that's not a fair comparison.

The Blys has alot better guns, torps are roughly same deal but Blys is 1 tier higher with also worse stealth, so you won't be using your torps as much unless you have Concealment Expert skill.

Thank you for the solid info. Yes I've heard of the Gremmyaschy unfortunately WG said they won't sell it anymore. I do like the russian line.

451 posts
6,946 battles

Take a pass on anshan, it's a ship with an extremely high skill floor, and its playstyle changes completely depending on the equipment and captain. Not a ship for even the average player.

Edited by Kleiss

Beta Tester
760 posts
6,921 battles

I like the Anshan, I don't own a Blyskawica myself but she plays like a Gnevny with 8km torps and premium camo - shes a solid ship and at tier 6, is the best next to the Farragut overall as the Russian Ognevoi is just bad and the Mutsuki is simply a fat Minekaze with less guns on its top hull.

All in all - Shes a solid gunboat with decent torps

Sign in to follow this