You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Turing

Kiev.. Worth it?

19 comments in this topic

563 posts
4,686 battles

I planned to get the kiev, imagining the 6 great stalinium gun. But the 12000 HP worries me, considering the Mahan and blyskawica has 14k and 15k HP. How big of a problem does the low HP brings? And what tier 4 skill should I pick? DE, AFT, or SE?

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

AFT or DE, up to you whichever you're more comfortable with. AFT preferred, though. Then sit out of range and speedtank everything. Mahan only beats you in close quarters (<10km), so wreck it from beyond its accurate firing range. You'll still need to get the jump on Blys to win, though, but just call in support when that happens.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I've no idea how to play a Kiev, but apparently, it's quite infamous for taking potshots at 12km while being night-untouchable due to the speed.

Oh, and it can pressure DDs into giving ground(water) because its speed guarantees that spotted DDs will be lit for as long as the Kiev can withstand return fire.

Just be wary that its long hull means you can take 3 torps from TB squadrons if he catches you at a good angle.

[LBAS]
4,464 posts
25,606 battles

I planned to get the kiev, imagining the 6 great stalinium gun. But the 12000 HP worries me, considering the Mahan and blyskawica has 14k and 15k HP. How big of a problem does the low HP brings? And what tier 4 skill should I pick? DE, AFT, or SE?

dont worry about HP

Kiev fast vert fast 42.5knts

Skill: T4 AFT and you'll got 14.7km range

blyskawica Speed 39knts

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

i also try getting Kiev....

and Admiral, Stein is a good team mates... add him for play. but he is not indonesian.. he came from the rich land :P

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

I've no idea how to play a Kiev, but apparently, it's quite infamous for taking potshots at 12km while being night-untouchable due to the speed.

Oh, and it can pressure DDs into giving ground(water) because its speed guarantees that spotted DDs will be lit for as long as the Kiev can withstand return fire.

Just be wary that its long hull means you can take 3 torps from TB squadrons if he catches you at a good angle.

Kiev is more like a light cruiser with low HP, no armor, and no citadel.

Also, landing 3 torps on a Kiev using 1 IJN TB is insanely hard (perfect angle and wrong turning needed). USN... not so much (you get whacked by 2 anyways).

The Kiev is a great ship, though. A formidable opponent for all classes IMO

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

i also try getting Kiev....

and Admiral, Stein is a good team mates... add him for play. but he is not indonesian.. he came from the rich land :P

Why would it bother you to say that he's not Indonesian...

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I personally hate the torret trasverse but I might buy it or the blys for the sake of ranked. Too bad I wont get enough $$$ before sims sale end...

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

maybe because they will have different timezones and it can be harder to try play together

507 posts
9,826 battles

There was a reason they had to nerf the Kiev by taking away her HP.

The size plus the speed (48.1 knots with Boost and flag) make it very hard to hit unlike the bulky tashkent. Combined with the Rudder Shift and Range (14.6 with AFT) it can be untouchable at max range.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,985 battles

maybe because they will have different timezones and it can be harder to try play together

Hmm... At worst, between Asian nations its a 3 hour difference... still, thats a lot on a workday/late night.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I personally hate the torret trasverse but I might buy it or the blys for the sake of ranked. Too bad I wont get enough $$$ before sims sale end...

oh crap commented on the wrong post lel

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

the 12000 HP worries me, considering the Mahan and blyskawica has 14k and 15k HP. How big of a problem does the low HP brings?

As long as you keep moving and stay at range and keep shooting you not going to take any large hits (except RNG hate you lol) 

And what tier 4 skill should I pick? DE, AFT, or SE?

Which bring to this Skill set that i prefer AFT in Kiev so i can rain down on other ships from 14km and conserve my HP to brawl with other DDs at late game 

Beta Tester
125 posts
6,162 battles

It's definitely worth it. I paid dubloons to reskill my Udaloi captain (16 points) just for ranked battles, and it's even sweeter than my original grind. It's an absolute terror. Think of it as a very fast light cruiser with machineguns for cannons.

130mm's of pain are at your disposal, and AP will citadel some same tier cruisers and definitely those below. Whack on your speed flag, hit boost and watch your enemies try to hit you at 48.1 knots.

I use the rudder modification at the expense of washing off speed but wow, watching everything burn within range is something uniquely satisfying...

Do it.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

because some friend i have prefer to speak Bahasa in team division chat during a game. but if one of the div mate is not from indonesia , we need to use english. so that is why i gave him  warning.

timezone is not the main problem, sten is like mist... he came suddenly and kidnapp people and stay online till morning sun come. :P

Which bring to this Skill set that i prefer AFT in Kiev so i can rain down on other ships from 14km and conserve my HP to brawl with other DDs at late game 

AFT + BFT make her distance into how many KM?

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

i love kiev. with AFT you can snipe ca at safe distance
kiev pretty much rekt atlanta and cleveland beyond 10km, they have no chance to hit you. just stay away from USN dd at close range because they will out dps you. hit them with accurate shot at long distance while you dodge their mortar shell.
her torpedo has really bad range but they are deadly. you can one shot tier 7 bb with them.

for RU DD its pretty much AFT+demolition. don't even bother with concealment because you will probably use your gun all the time. then get expert marksmen for faster turret if possible.