You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ranork

Torpedoes continuing to run through a sunken ship

10 comments in this topic

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,072 battles

Was in a game where a BB had just been sunk and its capsized hull was still above the water line as I passed the hull some torpedoes fired from a distance ran straight through the sinking hull and killed me.

Yet in other battles I have seen my own torpedoes strike a sunken hull and detonate and not proceed through the hull.

Screenshot attached to show how much hull was still above waterline!

e7lMKc2.jpg

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Looks to be a cruiser.

Not that it makes any difference.

Well if he could mistake a cruiser for a battleship, he could be mistaken about the torp going through the ship too.

A replay would be very useful, especially if there really is a bug so that the devs can see which ship it is, exactly where it went through and whether there's something wrong with its collision model.

[HMASW]
Beta Tester
50 posts
6,072 battles

Ok won't argue the point I was angry and did not look at what ship it was and as for a reply the game does not yet allow replays?

I saw what I saw and two torpedoes ran straight through the hull in the midships not the front.

What is the point of reporting a bug if it gets debated and pulled apart by minor inconsequential issue like what type of ship it was?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Ok won't argue the point I was angry and did not look at what ship it was and as for a reply the game does not yet allow replays?

I saw what I saw and two torpedoes ran straight through the hull in the midships not the front.

What is the point of reporting a bug if it gets debated and pulled apart by minor inconsequential issue like what type of ship it was?

Not inconsequential at all. If there is a problem with the collision model, it would be specific to the ship. If you want to report a bug, you should provide as much detail as possible. It's just common sense.

As for replays, you can enable it using this method: http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/6646-how-to-enable-replays-repost-from-beta-section/

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Torpedoes running though that cruiser's carcass could also mean the torpedoes have a possibility of running though that ship even when unsunk. Please OP enable replays and send it in if you ever see it again