Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
AsakuraShinji

A small question about flags

7 comments in this topic

266 posts
5,142 battles

I have a question that I've been wondering for quite a while, more specifically concerning the detonation flags.

I have a bunch of India X-Ray flags (+1%/0.5% fire chance, +5% detonation chance) lying around, but I'm kinda scared to mount it because of that 5% detonation... So can the Juliet Charlie flag (-100% detonation) completely nullify this debuff? Or did the JC only remove the ship's innate detonation chance, and not affecting debuffs by other flags?

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

I run both India Xray and Juliet Whiskey Uniform (5% det as well) with Juliet Charlie quite frequently. That's 10% extra chance of disaster, supposedly nullified by by the safe JC.

Never had a mag go up yet whilst flying that signal combo...but I'm not a position to say it can't happen.

Edited by AntifoulAwl

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

i only use JWU on cvs, cause i had yet to see a cv being detonated :trollface:. That being said, the detonation chance isn't really an issue if you planning to have fun and get free deto flags every now and then. (though usually my detonation incidents were without those flags)

227 posts
2,651 battles

do a math, let's assume deton rate is 100% (for the lol)

use the X-Ray flag : deton rate +5%

use the deton flag : deton rate -100%

result: your deton rate will be 5%.

and RNGesus run as every shells that hit your magazine on the scale from 0-100, if RNG return number lower than that 5, then you got 10 deton flags I think :trollface:

266 posts
5,142 battles

Well, the thing is, I'm planning to use the flag on my Des Moines.

Because Demo Expert + India X-Ray + Victor Lima = 19% fire chance, huehehe... :trollface:

And I think everyone will agree that getting detonated in tier X is kind of... painful.

266 posts
5,142 battles

i put the india X- Ray on moskva for the lulz, so far no detonations :trollface:

Hoh, I see. Well, I guess I'll just try it for the lulz too then. :3

Thanks for all the replies.

Sign in to follow this