You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yansuki

Question regarding fire damage, damage saturation and damage repair ability

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

already know that parts of ship that are saturated by damage will stop receiving damage from HE,AP and even torpedo. e.g: bow, stern or super structure. but it doesn't apply to fire damage. fire will still eat to ship 20% max (40% for CV) HP regardless that the part of the ship that are burning already has its damage saturated.

correct me if i'm wrong but iirc, damage repair ability restore HP on parts of ship that are more recently damage.

i have some scenario e.g: i got the bow got saturated but it got hit by HE shell and got set on fire, i didn't use my damage control ability to put out the fire and just let it burn, later i only use my damage repair ability to repair the damage cause by fire.

the question is: will damage repair ability restore the HP of my ship's bow or will it not? if not, where are the repaired HP goes?

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

Aaaaand I've found it.

Q: Как ремонтная команда восстанавливает очки боеспособности?

A: Ремонтная команда имеет время действия и "силу" действия - количество очков боеспособности, которое она может восстановить за единицу времени.

При этом урон в цитадель может быть восстановлен на 1/10, в части корабля на 1/2, а в "полоску" - полностью. Пропорции зависят от урона.

Например, если у корабля нанесено 6000 урона в нос (делим на два, можно отремонтировать 3000) и 7000 урона "в полоску" от пожаров и затопления (можно отремонтировать полностью), то ремонтная команда с временем действия 10 секунд и "силой" 500 очков в секунду восстановит 1500 очков боеспособности в носу и 3500 "в полоске".

Восстановленные части корабля можно повреждать как обычно.

Q: How does repair party restore the combat capability (HP) of sections?

A: The repair party has a duration and a certain amount of HP it can restore per unit of time.
The amount that can be restored are 10% of damage to the citadel, 50% of damage to ship sections, and 100% of damage to universal HP (fires, flooding, ramming, overpen). The proportions depend on the damage.
For example, if a ship took 6000 damage to the bow (50% can be restored = 3000) and 7000 damage from fires and flooding (can be fully restored), a repair party with 10 seconds duration and 500 HP/sec restore rate will restore 1500 HP to the bow and 3500 to the universal HP.

Once a section has been repaired (i.e. no longer saturated) it can be damaged again as usual.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Based on the explanation, it appears that all damaged sections get repaired simultaneously, but the amount repaired for each section is based on the proportion of repairable damage it has. The more damage it can repair, the more HP goes into it.

edit: How serendipitous, the scenario you asked about is exactly the same as the scenario the dev provided.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

w8. from my understanding:

1.fires deal damage to ship Universal HP so it ignores the HP of parts of ship.

2. repair party will heal 100% of damage from flooding and fires.

from my scenario. my ship bow already has its damage saturated when it got set on fires, and damage party will heal 100% of fire damage, so the repair party that will heal up will got to my ship universal HP and will not heal hp from my bow?

is that right?

i want to know this because i can use this information to pick where i wanted to receive hits e.g taking torpedo in my ship bow instead of my stern or mid section or when i'm angling my armor.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

w8. from my understanding:

1.fires deal damage to ship Universal HP so it ignores the HP of parts of ship.

2. repair party will heal 100% of damage from flooding and fires.

from my scenario. my ship bow already has its damage saturated when it got set on fires, and damage party will heal 100% of fire damage, so the repair party that will heal up will got to my ship universal HP and will not heal hp from my bow?

is that right?

i want to know this because i can use this information to pick where i wanted to receive hits e.g taking torpedo in my ship bow instead of my stern or mid section or when i'm angling my armor.

Lets take the earlier example.

Your bow now has 0/6000 HP. You can repair 50% of it = 3000 HP.

Your universal HP now has 3000/10000 HP. You can repair 100% of it = 7000 HP.

The proportion is 3:7 for bow and universal respectively.
You activate repair party and it runs for 10 seconds at 500HP/s.

The bow will repair at 0.3*500/s while universal will repair at 0.7*500/s.

After 10 seconds you end up with:

Bow = 0+1500/6000 HP

Universal = 3000+3500/10000 HP

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

Lets take the earlier example.

Your bow now has 0/6000 HP. You can repair 50% of it = 3000 HP.

Your universal HP now has 3000/10000 HP. You can repair 100% of it = 7000 HP.

The proportion is 3:7 for bow and universal respectively.
You activate repair party and it runs for 10 seconds at 500HP/s.

The bow will repair at 0.3*500/s while universal will repair at 0.7*500/s.

After 10 seconds you end up with:

Bow = 0+1500/6000 HP

Universal = 3000+3500/10000 HP

thank you, so repair party all parts that are available to repair, i though repair party will only heal the most recent damage (prioritize). now i learn more about repair party.

Edited by yansuki

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

One more thing about torps...

A torp hit to the midsection will apply all the damage to the citadel (after reduced by torpedo defense). So, it doesn't matter how saturated the middle part is, you will take a lot of damage if hit in the middle unless you have very good torpedo defense. And because the damage is done to the citadel, you can only repair 10% of it.

On the other hand, the bow and stern has no torpedo defense (thus does not benefit from damage reduction), so the amount of damage you receive from a torp hit to it is usually way higher unless the bow/stern is already saturated. But you'd be able to repair 50% of it.

Where you want to take a hit would then depend on how good your torpedo defense is and how badly damaged your stern/bow is. Obviously, for ships with bad torpedo defense, taking a hit in the middle is usually a bad choice. Then again, taking a hit in the bow or stern also means the torp hits closer to your magazine, so there's a higher risk of detonation.

This is a lot to process in the thick of the battle when the torps suddenly appear and you have 5 seconds to make a decision and maneuver.

In the end, the best advice is to not get hit :trollface:

Beta Tester
63 posts
15,445 battles

lol. Loved that last sentence. Good info btw. Thanks for your effort to reply, amade.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Saturated areas will still take damage from AP though, at least from whag I remember. It will take overpen damage for sure though. Also, if you are in BB or high tier cruiser and you take a torp in the bow, don't repair the HP until later, because you can use it to badically take a torpedo for a few hundred HP. But the flooding will kill you.