Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SZYZWY

My First Premium Ship

18 comments in this topic

783 posts
4,810 battles

I finally gave in and bought myself a Saipan which would be the first premium ship I own. I'll have a USN CV captain trainer at Tier 7 with all the credit farming perks a premium should have.

I bought it with the doubloon bundle and I want to ask what to do with the extra doubloons rather than questions about the ship(I bought it with the information on how to use it after all :))

Aside from retraining or redistributing captain perks, is there anything else that is worthwhile that can be bought with doubloons? (It's not enough for another mid-high tier premium ship that's for sure :P)

[AUSNZ]
[AUSNZ]
Super Tester
1,039 posts
7,702 battles

Port slots mainly, if not captain retraining. That is also i use dubbies for.

Not worth trading in free XP for general XP with dubbies.

And gratz on the Sapain. She is a nice vessel all around i think!

Edited by greifer

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

I have a different suggestion, keep them for captain retraining of 18 points. Otherwise they will take ages. Even training a new one to that level needs less time.

783 posts
4,810 battles

Port slots.

Expand commander reserves :trollface:

Port slots mainly, if not captain retraining. That is also i use dubbies for.

Not worth trading in free XP for general XP with dubbies.

And gratz on the Sapain. She is a nice vessel all around i think!

I have a different suggestion, keep them for captain retraining of 18 points. Otherwise they will take ages. Even training a new one to that level needs less time.

Well, I'm not really all that up for port slots since I rarely keep ships unless I really like 'em so I guess saving them for captain retraining it is.

Lol.  I've still got 24,000 doubloons from when I bought my Gremlin back in Alpha.   I cant think of anything to spend it on.

Wow. Just wow :amazed:. Wish I had that much

First 2 games were as expected. I tried to play her like a Hiryuu and forgot that I only have Torp Accel on my IJN captains and I don't have it on my USN ones resulting in a lot of torp misses. First hand experience on a ship really gives a new perspective. (Alternating it with my Taiho's maiden voyage which has torp accel as a skill was probably a bad idea on my part).

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,986 battles

For gold, useful stuff would be slots (captain and ship), equipment demounts.

Other than that, have fun with the Saipan! I'm sure as hell glad that I'm out of T7 already!

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

Congratz.

our chance playing in division will decrease then... since i will play tier 6 only...

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

Wow. Just wow :amazed:. Wish I had that much

In the end it wouldn't worry me if I had 50,000 or none.  I've got no need to spend them.

I run standard account, I have plenty of extra port slots, alpha beta and supertest ships, and a premium Gremyashchy.   The time I spend between WOWS supertest, WOT sandbox and other games, I doubt I'll ever progress to tier 10 and to be honest I don't want to.  I've done the grind several times on my WOT account and its just not worth the effort.    I enjoy the mid tiers and am happy to float around there with a few games a week. 

You don't need them to enjoy the game.

783 posts
4,810 battles

congrats!!! hehe

Thanks!

Congratz.

our chance playing in division will decrease then... since i will play tier 6 only...

I still have a lot of ships below T7 anyway so let's div anytime there's an opportunity :)

I just feel I have more 'control' at the higher tiers is why I play at that tier anyway.

-snip-

You don't need them to enjoy the game.

It'd make a part of my grind a lot easier anyway since I am aiming at some specific ships. I do enjoy both low-mid-high tiers for different reasons and there are also things I don't like at each too which is also a reason for me to at least unlock the ships I want through grinding.

Overall though, I'm still Jelly :hiding:

-snip-

With just 3 battles for now in the Saipan, I can say for certain that I need to train my captain for the ship itself rather than using the ship as a captain trainer. (Standard USN CVs don't need the T5 cap perk that much). Ironically enough, it kind of defeats the purpose of me buying this ship :P

Edited by SZYZWY

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles

With just 3 battles for now in the Saipan, I can say for certain that I need to train my captain for the ship itself rather than using the ship as a captain trainer. (Standard USN CVs don't need the T5 cap perk that much). Ironically enough, it kind of defeats the purpose of me buying this ship :P

I have seen a good number of Saipans in my team and enemy team and found none to be much effective at doing anything. May be because they were trying to play like other CVs? I wouldn't know though, I never played CV.

Super Tester
1,056 posts
8,986 battles

I have seen a good number of Saipans in my team and enemy team and found none to be much effective at doing anything. May be because they were trying to play like other CVs? I wouldn't know though, I never played CV.

The Saipan plays a lot more like an IJN than a USN CV.

The torpedo bombers behave just like IJN. Even the spread is identical (if you were to have a 3/4 TB IJN squad the spread is the same). 

The main draw is the stronger planes and the stronger torpedoes and DD hunting is surprisingly convenient in this CV.

Sign in to follow this