Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

16 comments in this topic

403 posts
8,180 battles

Im interested in getting her too! I have a fondness for ships with their own quirks (except the Yorck. That thing is garbage).

This ship looks fun.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

That new upgrade mod for the Yubari and Iwaki does both boats justice. 

Thanks WG, you have reinvigorated my lust for sealclubbing. :izmena:

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,466 battles

Notser Yuubari 0.5.7 gameplay

<youtube video>

I think Notser has summed it up pretty well - it matches my own experience with Yuubari. The newly-accurate guns are nice, but you'll notice that its "special ability" AA is still pretty lacking and the torpedoes, while powerful, are severely crippled in their usage. Notser was using a DD captain for this video, so the skills aren't all that appropriate.

For potential masochists buyers, make sure you get Last Stand on your Yuubari captain. She takes a lot of engine and steering criticals. I also fit the Propulsion Mod 1 module for the same reason.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

--snip--

For potential masochists buyers, make sure you get Last Stand on your Yuubari captain. She takes a lot of engine and steering criticals. I also fit the Propulsion Mod 1 module for the same reason.

That's why destroyer captains are better suited for this ship.

69 posts
8,829 battles

i might try to et katori too. what tier is she going to be?

they probably will give it away through some event.not sure if they will actually sell it considering its 18knots speed combined with poor firepower. But it is the only tier 3 ship with catapult fighter, and it even has a DP gun at aft.

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

I have a question, what is the relationship between "melon-chan" and yubari? Sorry that I am not familiar with these (anime?) terms.

its a joke regarding her name. Yuubari is a brand of melon in japan https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yubari_King

also, its her well know nickname in browser game Kancolle.

Katori is a Tier 3 ship and slower than a glacier.

i remember using her way back in cbt. her fast shooting gun and slow speed is the only thing i remember of her. i wonder what changes did they make to put her on tier 3.
Edited by yansuki

Sign in to follow this