Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
PGM991

BB vs CA, 1 on 1, under equel condition, who win?

BB vs CA  

28 members have voted

1. 1. BB vs CA on equel condition, who win?

• BB
    • CA

20 comments in this topic

1,124 posts

don't answer yet.

please read condition first

- condition. -

1. 1 on 1

2. Tier 7+

3. both are same tier

4. both are bow - bow position

5. both are not moving

6. distance 15 km.

7. both can use either AP or HE

duel like a cowboy until one side fall, who gonna win?

Edited by PGM991

266 posts
5,135 battles

Assuming both have equal aiming skill. If both are not moving, and the CA can't use its torps, I'm pretty sure the BB is going to win...

... unless rng-sama disagree. :3

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

battleship, specifically american battleship can citadel cruiser even at angled.

cruiser will be having hard-time dealing damage to set multiple location on fire because they are bow on bow...

battleship has heal while tier 7 cruiser don't so even if battleship uses HE he will still win.

and its not even cruiser role to duel against battleship.

Edited by yansuki

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

1. BBs can citadel CAs through the bow with AP. CAs can't return the favour. Hell, given that BB guns might be able to overmatch the armour, its going to deal heavy damage that the CA can't reciprocate. Worse if the AP destroys the forward gun turrets.

2. BB HE has a much higher explosive radius and fire chance than CA HE. Any hits from the BB are going to hurt and likely going to trigger fires, even if less shells hit.

3. BBs have a huge amount of hitpoints to burn through and can repair party a huge chunk of that damage.

4. Damage thresholds. Once a BB hits its  damage threshold in the position you described, CAs firing HE is going to do jack, while AP is just going to do overpen damage or ricochets. Meanwhile, see point 1.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Great.

Now who's the captain of those ships? Bots? Unicums?

If both use HE, BBs win by default because their positions are bow - bow. A cruiser would not be able to bring forth all of its gun barrels to maximize HE fire chance because the average amount of turrets that can fire bow-on on a cruiser are 2- Let's say those guns are twin or triple-barrels- It is objectively inferior in raw damage output compared to a BB's 2 forward-facing turrets with twin or triple barrels.

Let's not forget to mention that BB HE will eat through the cruiser's bow turrets, disabling the cruiser's potential to even do damage in the first place. Plus, since the range is 15km, a T7+ BB with it's gloriously wide 40cm shells would be slightly plunging on the thin cruiser decks.

---

If a BB uses AP, I honestly can't tell because the shots either overpen, bounce or miss. If it's lucky, it hits the superstructure and deals normal pen damage.

1,124 posts

well, i'm ask because I use to fight Aoba in my fuso,

I'm on stern and he's bow on me and keep distance (can't turn to use all gun since I can feel that enemy BB are staring at my beautiful broadside)

I can't hit him even he not dodge at all but I'm slowly burn to near death (other BB finish me off though)

so I wonder if anyone use to have similar situation T_T

Beta Tester
1,043 posts
4,300 battles

LOL come on. not moving and 15 KM? Zao wins hands down easiest victory. Full concealment zao is forever invisible at 15 km even firing. ROFL

783 posts
4,809 battles

I'll go with BB since the restriction is Tier 7+ meaning 16+ inch shells which 'can' penetrate cruiser bow armor.

An exception being:

LOL come on. not moving and 15 KM? Zao wins hands down easiest victory. Full concealment zao is forever invisible at 15 km even firing. ROFL

while in your situation:

well, i'm ask because I use to fight Aoba in my fuso,

I'm on stern and he's bow on me and keep distance (can't turn to use all gun since I can feel that enemy BB are staring at my beautiful broadside)

I can't hit him even he not dodge at all but I'm slowly burn to near death (other BB finish me off though)

is in the Fuso's disadvantage. Aoba's bow armor is excellent compared to other cruisers of the same tier and can bring a lot more firepower to bear compared to the others usually. The 35.6cm shells at that tier also can't penetrate usual heavy cruiser bow armor unlike the 16inch shells can. Lastly, Fuso's sigma value(as well as NewMex) is low, meaning more dispersed shots so an Aoba presenting a small profile while bow-on(not to mention she rides low in the water) will require a lot of luck to hit.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

It's a foregone conclusion who will win.

WG wins.

WG wins everytime.

Because RNGesus and Serb are watching :trollface:

Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,372 battles

don't answer yet.

please read condition first

- condition. -

1. 1 on 1

2. Tier 7+

3. both are same tier

4. both are bow - bow position

5. both are not moving

6. distance 15 km.

7. both can use either AP or HE

duel like a cowboy until one side fall, who gonna win?

CA win in most cases

Edited by R3negade

Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

CA win in most cases

Answered without any thinking I see. If the battleship player is competent, he will target the forward guns of the cruiser and you know what comes next. Let it be atlanta, it doesn't matter. Only exception is the Zao, cause Zao vs Yamato, Zao is able to fire without being detected. T7+ Battleships all carry very heavy shells, and often bow on cruiser receive more damage cause there is no chance of over penetration when shells land on their deck.

43 posts
6,031 battles

At 15 Km. bow-bow condition,

- The core of CA damage in this case is Burn damage and some alpha(due to bow position has little gun), which will take some time to sink BB.

- The core of BB damage in this case depend on 4-6 main gun (with these low number at 15 Km. with enemy bow position, it's hard to predict outcome vs RNG)

The battle result will base on some RNG.

If BB can blow [front] CA turret.... automatic win.

If BB has good luck many penetrate/citadel.... sure win.

If BB has average luck, It's HP contest(with BB little advantage). and If add another condition about: [Can use consumable], BB'll have increase in win ratio.

If BB has super bad luck miss/low pen damage around 5-6 salvo.... automatic burn to death.

BB and CA win ration maybe 60:40 to 70:30 up to BB/CA ship

1,124 posts

ahh~~~~ screw up again today in BB... damn fire sure is OP, put one out, new one pop up.  T_T

game should have some new aiming mechanic, the longer their aim (lock) on single target, the tighter dispersion it will be =w=

dispersion will return to normal if change target or lose LOS....

266 posts
5,135 battles

ahh~~~~ screw up again today in BB... damn fire sure is OP, put one out, new one pop up.  T_T

game should have some new aiming mechanic, the longer their aim (lock) on single target, the tighter dispersion it will be =w=

dispersion will return to normal if change target or lose LOS....

If you have problem hitting those pesky cruisers that keeps harassing you, try this :

Shoot half of your guns (so if you're in a fuso, shoot three of your turrets) to that cruiser. Then wait around 15 seconds, or roughly half of your reload then fire the rest. That way you will get more shots at that cruisers, albeit with less firepower.

But because you fire every 15 seconds, you will have easier time pinpointing your shots, leading to more hits. And that cruiser will have hard time returning fire, because he will be busy dodging your shots.

It might not be the best tactic, but I've done this a lot in my tirpitz, and so far it's pretty effective. Even if I didn't manage to kill the cruiser, they usually gave up on me and retreated.

Sign in to follow this