You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

Lack of balance

45 comments in this topic

[AE]
202 posts
9,500 battles

Well, the Yamato.

I have never played, in 29.5k games in WoT, and 1300 random in WoWs, such a dog. (Some of the tier X heavy tanks come close).

It simply stands no chance at all. One win and one ship sunk in 4 randoms. 11 PVE, with 14 kills (Whoooo hooo!). Average price of a PVE game 240k.

Why am I playing this ship again? I was pretty sure it was just me, but after watching multiple other Yamato players, I have seen them smashed by ships 1-2 tiers lower. I am pretty sure I land about 10 rounds most battles (with some battles going 15 minutes). Average is one salvo misses completely, one salvo gets an penetrating low damage hit or two, and one salvo may get a citadel. So six-eight salvos, and 2-3 citadels, and 10 low role hits and I am dead again. Usually the entire time I have been on fire. In quite a few games I was immediately focus fired, or sky cancered before getting a shot off. I am not cowardly, and I am not stupid. I keep the range in mid area (15km) so as to minimise torps danger, and increase chance of a hit. As said before, I have seen most of the Yamatos in game (Theirs and ours) do poorly too. Usually first to die. Usually burning. Just played a PVE where one bot Moskva cruiser destroyed both me and another human Yamato player. I hit it for about 10k damage, and was burnt to death, and he did another 10k damage before also succumbing. One 50-60k HP cruiser killed two Yamato (97k HP). Both Yamatos used all their repair options. ie to kill us he did about 120-150k damage each. So over a period of 7-10 minutes we did 20k and he did 200-250k damage to us. 

Simply ridiculous. Simply totally unbalanced. With massive cost to both of us. And before you say "Get gud" my stats are fine. I am not the best player, but I am no dolt. I know how to play this game. I can say that BBs are not my best ships. I like the Nikolai so much that I can usually take on 2 Myogi and or Wyomings knowing I will smash them. ie total confidence. I dont fear BB at all in my cruisers. I can kill them easily. I dont fear BB in my DD. Its a slaughter. The BBs need a buff. A big one. And I agree with some other posters who suggested that only a certain amout of HP should be lost to fire. By all means burn up my wooden decking, and melt my aluminium superstructure, but a 6-8 inch shell should not burn me to the waterline. The ROF should be increased by as much as 33-40% ie. a salvo every 20-23 seconds. 30 seconds is too much. It encourages timid play (As does an ocean full of torpedoes). Quite simply DD and CA SHOULD fear closing with any BB.

The game is too much like WoT in this sense. Mediums spamming gold ammo rule. Heavies die quickly and horribly. It is too easy in both games to kill the big boys.

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

I'm sorry, but...

Git gud.

How someone could mess up using 46cm cannons with the best firing range in the game, along with the tankiest HP and repair party boggles the mind.

By all means, any other guy would tell you Yamato is fine and/or OP.

43 posts
6,031 battles

That was strange, in my high tier experience the BB was over power when versus CA if not out numbers, only 2-3 salvo can sink one (but use some luck about RNG) maybe lower BB dmg and buff rate of fire will help average bad luck. (But it will cause severe problem to game play, due to at present 30 sec reload will be CA broard side time for counter attack BB.)

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Like above... Git Gud

While you're like that, every Yamato i faced can usually one-shot my Ibuki or Mogami even when angled, (no point angle with them then, maybe i should just go with WASD trick and hope for the best)

Super Tester
197 posts
2,404 battles

To be honest.  I can see where your coming from in reguards to fire.  Amount of damage from fire should be halved to all ships.  That and torp spam are the killers for me.  I think a widening of the fire arc from dd so you have a chance to dodge rather then catching 5 fish in the side in a tight spread at 15 km

PS i dont have a Yamato.  I wallet warrior in tier 10 battles.

Edited by x1xReaverx1x

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

First time I ever heard someone complain Yamato is underpowered

10 rounds a match... I assumed you are camping at the back of the map like most of those noob Yamato player but 15km seems okay. Still get better at aiming though

Edited by FenrirApalis

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I'm sorry, but...

Git gud.

How someone could mess up using 46cm cannons with the best firing range in the game, along with the tankiest HP and repair party boggles the mind.

And he complains that the 9x14800 damage maximum per salvo every 30 seconds is UP. You can boost it to 26 sec for worse torrent transverse, but look, my Tirpitz's 8x11400 Max damage per salvo at 26 second reload is already considered OP by some players (sometimes I feel OP too, maybe too good? :P) so maybe get better at knowing how to tactically position your ship, how to lead better and pick your targets wisely

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,020 battles

OP, Yamato is OP

minimum damage per shell = 4884

Overmatch bias

Highest HP

Secondaries

Don't forget godly torpedo bulges. I actually nailed one with 12 torpedoes from my Taiho and it did 59k-60k damage. I think it can also take 10 shima torps before dying.

The Yamato is a VERY good surface combatant and it shows... you just have to be careful of natural battleship counters (and even then it gets punished less).

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

So, how many of you think that, having more Yamato in the team is a sign of victory?

wow, that's a lot of hand

[AE]
202 posts
9,500 battles

I'm sorry, but...

Git gud.

My stats and yours are similar. You have not played the Yamato. I have. And I have seen the others in battle die easily. Players and bots. 9 rounds miss quite easily. Range means nothing. Indeed, shooting at 20+km is pointless. At any range a cruiser will slaughter a BB at high tiers unless you citadel them. I have, even at mid ranges, not had my secondaries do anything. Players aren't that stupid. The 18inchers simply pass through enemy ships no less than other AP rounds. In a nutshell, in a minute and a half I will average about 10-15k damage. Misses/low rolls/citadels. In my tier 8 Mogami I can do about 40-60 hits a minute, so 90 hits, averaging about 5-7k damage a salvo, so lets say 5k, so 45k HP in same time. With fires. And if close enough, torps. The Yamato is just as buggered as any mid tier BB. The quality of the enemy cruisers and DDs goes up as well.

As for the others, a quick look shows the majority, with the exception of R3negade, are either worse or similar to me. Most have not played tier 9-10. R3negade is truly exceptional. I am not saying the ship itself isn't OP - quite simply it doesn't matter. If the enemy THINK you are OP you will get focused by both Fire spam and carrier aircraft and you are stuffed. Like ALL BB the majority of rounds MISS, whilst the majority of incoming DONT. Its a BALANCE issue.

Super Tester
1,296 posts
9,726 battles

My stats and yours are similar. You have not played the Yamato. I have. And I have seen the others in battle die easily. Players and bots. 9 rounds miss quite easily. Range means nothing. Indeed, shooting at 20+km is pointless. At any range a cruiser will slaughter a BB at high tiers unless you citadel them. I have, even at mid ranges, not had my secondaries do anything. Players aren't that stupid. The 18inchers simply pass through enemy ships no less than other AP rounds. In a nutshell, in a minute and a half I will average about 10-15k damage. Misses/low rolls/citadels. In my tier 8 Mogami I can do about 40-60 hits a minute, so 90 hits, averaging about 5-7k damage a salvo, so lets say 5k, so 45k HP in same time. With fires. And if close enough, torps. The Yamato is just as buggered as any mid tier BB. The quality of the enemy cruisers and DDs goes up as well.

As for the others, a quick look shows the majority, with the exception of R3negade, are either worse or similar to me. Most have not played tier 9-10. R3negade is truly exceptional. I am not saying the ship itself isn't OP - quite simply it doesn't matter. If the enemy THINK you are OP you will get focused by both Fire spam and carrier aircraft and you are stuffed. Like ALL BB the majority of rounds MISS, whilst the majority of incoming DONT. Its a BALANCE issue.

so can you explain why currently the shimakaze (or the entire IJN DD line) gets focused down hard even though its existence as a DD is not visible? Similarly to the Yamato, yes, its got godly characteristics, but this can be countered by several things: zao, CV, and useless team distribution. Again, like what the others had said, its the players themselves that make the ship OP, not the ship itself. In other words, there are no strong ships, only strong players. (exception cases be Tirpitz, gremlin and imperator nikolai)

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

Git gud is your best advice

look at your number of match with BB

you Gloriously FREE-EXP your way from Amagi to Yamato without knowing much about High tier Meta

and you might as well complain about how bad Amagi and Izumo are according to you

Edited by Harpoon01

Beta Tester
733 posts
3,155 battles

Actually...I did play the Yamato back in CBT, though not the original Yamato but rather the Space Yamato version, and i was not even a BB player at that time but i can still do some or lots of damages in her

266 posts
5,142 battles

Git gud is your best advice

look at your number of match with BB

you are Gloriously FREE-EXP your way from Amagi to Yamato without knowing much about High tier Meta

^ This.

Honestly, I don't understand how can you be so proud of your stats and claiming you know about high tier balance, when your most played ships are hermelin, erie, and other low tier ships, with only 4 battles at tier 10... heck, even I have almost double your average damage in the Yamato, and I'm not even that good.

Besides, if everyone, even the unicums like R3negade says Yamato is fine, don't you even think of the possibility that you are the problem here?

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Look, I don't need experience to tell me that the ship is powerful.

By all means, you free exp'ed your way through the ship line.

I myself needed 100 battles in my Fuso just to reach Nagato whilst you needed what, less than 40 from Izumo to Yamato?

You wish to bring stats to the discussion, here are yours.

kDXHmHX.png

The meta in higher-tier matches are different.

You lack the experience to invalidate the opinions of others. My initial statement is literally what everyone else is saying.

Yamato is already fine as it is. Reducing the reloading time to 20-23s is a suggestion only those who clearly don't know how to play it would say- Especially when the majority already praise its strengths. Heck, 30s for 46cm cannons is still faster than the 34s+ reload on my Nagato's 41cm's.

---

Git gud.

[AE]
202 posts
9,500 battles

The Yamato is better than Izumo. But, Izumo costs less, so comparatively the Yamato is a dog as well. Almost all BB are dogs in comparison to cruisers. I free xped through Izumo because it is GODAWFUL. You will get to experience it. Good luck. Countless people free xp their way through countless ships. I love how in both games the immediate response to any balance issues is get good. Its crap. I bought the stats into it because people who were no different to me told me that I couldn't play. I bought stats up because people who have NEVER played a ship told me it was good. I made no statements to peoples W/R or skills, just that they were ballpark with mine. As usual, when people cant argue something it just turns personal. I know full well that anyone can go see my stats. I dare anyone to play the Izumo through without free xping. Indeed, the reason I did was because I had heard that the Yamato was good, ie, better than the stinking turd that is the Izumo. Unfortunately, the Yamato suffers from same problems as majority of BBs in game. For the amount of xp required to get to Yamato you would expect it to be a more balanced proposition (in comparison to the ships around it) than the previous ship. It isn't. As stated, I have not seen many or even any, Yamatos do well. And yes that means only about 5 other people, not a big pool.  But they all died quickly and painfully. Most died in the first few minutes following being spotted. They did not die in slugfests with other BBs, they just got turned into ash by cruisers, or torped by DD and planes. Hell, they, like me, didn't even survive long against bots. There is something wrong in a game where if a single IJN destroyer and a single Yamato are the only ships left the Yamato stands NO chance whatsoever. (Other than putting islands between it and the DD, or timing game out.) Quite simply the DD doesn't even get seen. Its crap.

As far as low tier play and free xping go, it is the way WG made the game. And a personal bugbare of mine. They give you the system to improve your commander (or crews), and build a financial system that requires you to play low tiers, and then due to bitching from players, join in on the anti-seal clubbing bandwagon. Its simple, if they don't want people to continue playing low tiers (ie fun tiers) then provide no commander for those ships. To a certain degree WG already does screw with people who do, by 'Ranging" players in WoWs.  At tier 1, after 5 minutes, in what should be one of the most prolifically populated tiers in a growing game, I get to fight 1-3 other people. YAY. Funnily enough it just ensures that I win, because its so easy to beat small teams. The major issue I have is that they make Yamatos and the like prohibitively expensive, and yet believe me, they are no magic bullet. They achieve little or no more than a low tier ship. Can they do 150k damage? Sure, but as a % of the enemy hit pool you are doing no better than at mid tiers. Its a dog in the same way that the Waffletrager and E100 and others are all dogs. They simply do not stand a chance in a gold spamming medium tank environment. And that makes them dogs.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

Git gud. And play PVP because bots have the best teamwork and pretty much perfect aim so you die faster

Looking at what you have said, I reckon I can beat your Yamato in my Colorado 

Beta Tester
120 posts
4,246 battles

Yeah. GIT GUD,,  you can do that.. totally.. when the mm puts you against tiers higher than you.. and puts many more bb's against you or the same amount of dd's..  yep.. totally... git gud.. 

[SB]
116 posts
12,436 battles

Yeah. GIT GUD,,  you can do that.. totally.. when the mm puts you against tiers higher than you.. and puts many more bb's against you or the same amount of dd's..  yep.. totally... git gud..

Not quite sure why you think Yamato can be anything but top tier in a match

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

[content removed]

You Free-exp your way to Yamato

is like Scrub who buy Atlanta

they don;t know how to play her or do tactics with her

and they mark her as Suck ass Ship

"WTF is this, i can't hit anything, the shells is so damn slow, the armor is sucks, the Torpedo is useless, and I can't shoot anything at range"

You play Yamato, one of the most Boderline OP ship in the game

[content removed]:fishpalm:

You also call Yamato player, dog or something?

Insults. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

451 posts
6,946 battles

>yamato is underpowered

U do know that it is known as the "[content removed] angling" ship? Because anything that isn't another yamato is getting torn asunder, regardless of ship. And your stats are NOT fine. It's too low for a ship that has the potential to easily delete anything that is within range. I sailed an atago, bow on 14km away, took 16k damage from the front. Its pen value and rate of fire is so high (wif the mod) it's not even funny

Hearing this ship being mentioned instead of the montana is seriously the joke of the year ahahahaha git gud [content removed]

Profanity, insults. Post edited, user sanctioned.

~amade

Edited by amade

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Countless people free xp their way through countless ships. I love how in both games the immediate response to any balance issues is get good. Its crap.

"Balance issues" - Well, if this server's forums aren't the only ones telling you that you should improve before whining, then maybe, just maybe, you should improve.

As usual, when people cant argue something it just turns personal. I know full well that anyone can go see my stats.

"Personal" Pfft. We are arguing. You gave personal, anecdotal evidence with a clear bias and approach the problem with a solution that favors you despite being horrendously unfamiliar to the ship in the first place. By the time you created the thread, you only had 4 battles with Yamato, yet you clearly suggested that it be buffed to compensate for performing poorly without familiarizing yourself to its strengths and weaknesses

Unfortunately, the Yamato suffers from same problems as majority of BBs in game.

It's a battleship. Of course it shares the same weaknesses as other battleships.

For the amount of xp required to get to Yamato you would expect it to be a more balanced proposition (in comparison to the ships around it) than the previous ship. It isn't.

Tier 10s are trophy ships that are best earned. You skipped through the ship lines without appreciating how they play and expect the ship to be flawless. It is currently fine as it is.

As stated, I have not seen many or even any, Yamatos do well. And yes that means only about 5 other people, not a big pool.  But they all died quickly and painfully. Most died in the first few minutes following being spotted. They did not die in slugfests with other BBs, they just got turned into ash by cruisers, or torped by DD and planes.

You mean in the 4 battles you fought in. In your own words, not a big pool.

Hell, they, like me, didn't even survive long against bots. There is something wrong in a game where if a single IJN destroyer and a single Yamato are the only ships left the Yamato stands NO chance whatsoever. (Other than putting islands between it and the DD, or timing game out.) Quite simply the DD doesn't even get seen. Its crap.

Balance. If all destroyers could be seen, then, with its inferior cannons and health, would be a joke class to play- Especially those with bad torpedoes. Please tell me you were at least familiar with how the stealth mechanics work prior to unlocking T10. It makes me cringe.

As far as low tier play and free xping go, it is the way WG made the game. And a personal bugbare of mine. They give you the system to improve your commander (or crews), and build a financial system that requires you to play low tiers, and then due to bitching from players, join in on the anti-seal clubbing bandwagon. Its simple, if they don't want people to continue playing low tiers (ie fun tiers) then provide no commander for those ships. To a certain degree WG already does screw with people who do, by 'Ranging" players in WoWs.  At tier 1, after 5 minutes, in what should be one of the most prolifically populated tiers in a growing game, I get to fight 1-3 other people. YAY. Funnily enough it just ensures that I win, because its so easy to beat small teams.

Yoooosh~ Say it with me! "High tier ships are trophy ships that you pay to play for"

The major issue I have is that they make Yamatos and the like prohibitively expensive, and yet believe me, they are no magic bullet. They achieve little or no more than a low tier ship. Can they do 150k damage? Sure, but as a % of the enemy hit pool you are doing no better than at mid tiers. Its a dog in the same way that the Waffletrager and E100 and others are all dogs. They simply do not stand a chance in a gold spamming medium tank environment. And that makes them dogs.

When the server's average damage with a Yamato's 80k, with your average damage of 59k, then maybe, just maybe, you're the one with the problem.