Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rotten_Pumpkin

which is better russian or german

26 comments in this topic

40 posts
3,539 battles

I have decided to branch off from the US tech tree and play Russian or german CA's :honoring:

which line is the best in terms of firepower and manoeuvrability that can be played like its US counterparts ? 

1,452 posts
2,950 battles

Go Russian. Great firepower, good armor, great range in exchange for rudder shift and turning radius.

Kriegsmarine ships are stuck with only 50mm maximum armor until T7- Even then, AP rounds fired from a destroyer can and will land citadels on you. In exchange for this, their AP is among the best in ze welt due to being outrageously heavy and chock-full of boom. Their HE leaves much to be desired, though.

266 posts
5,142 battles

If you're simply asking which one is better, definitely russian.

But since you are asking which one that can be played like US Cruisers, I'd say german.

Because russian cruisers depends on long range shooting, which is nowhere similar to the US ones.

And german cruisers are amazing brawlers starting from tier 7.

Besides, all russian cruisers have crap armor, you will feel like you're playing pepsicola all the way to tier 10.

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

in the Tier 10, you can get the most overpowered gun ever put on a cruiser, that can snipe enemy from maximum range

1,080 posts
3,888 battles

just got the Konigsberg and went one on one with a Fuso and a Myogi come out on top in both. very impressed with the german cruisers:izmena:

Did that my my Konigsberg yesterday with a Kongo and Myoko.They were partly distracted by other ships though!

Just be careful with the Konigsberg,and especially the Nurnberg.If the BB are a good shot you WILL get hammered a lot!One shot death is real with them!

Super Tester
7,768 posts
8,043 battles

I tried to play many nations at a time and ended up being broke with no credits... Just stick to you first line. And don't be too impressed by first few matches. They go south slowly. There is hardly any best in a rock paper scissor games.

414 posts
9,477 battles

Rus

Coz bogatyr, sviet, and kirov are citadel farmers that eat karlsruhe and nukeberg.

Budyonny is Cleveland with armor that also eats nukeberg.

And Moscow is pocket battleship.

266 posts
5,142 battles

Hmm... am I the only one who likes the Chapayev much more than Budyonny? 

I mean, it has 10 km detection, 3 km stealth fire window with 12 rapid firing guns, and 12 km radar.

I can literally just sit back and watch as the world burn. :3

266 posts
5,142 battles

Haha, that's true. There are many strong ships at tier 8 after all. Budyonny stands out more in tier 6.

Though I'm kinda sad, why there isn't much love for the Chappy... Usually when people talk about russian cruisers it's always about either Budyonny or Moskva... :(

Edited by AsakuraShinji

Alpha Tester
6,604 posts
2,477 battles

IJN in this server is already mainstream

I just hope WG will buff Mogami somehow to make her better than Atago other than the AA

Beta Tester
4,888 posts
9,936 battles

I just hope WG will buff Mogami somehow to make her better than Atago other than the AA

NO !!! Atago rules !! even tho i didnt play much IJN ships because they look weird to me (except Shima-tan :3) but i just have to buy Atago the ship is just too good to be true, Good rudder shift, High HE damage, Good AP, Long range torpedoes, Good torpedoes angle, Low Concealment and Healing ability.

Only cons about the ship is thin armor which anyways still better than Pensacola :D:D:D

I have a feeling that Atago will be remove from the shop sooner or later clearly a better tier 8 Cruiser.

Edited by MeloMelonSoda

[MEGA]
4,670 posts
17,970 battles

atago is more OP in everyway then almost all other T8 CAs in the hands of a experienced player, it can sneak up to unsuspecting CA up to 9.1km and put a volly of AP into their side, it can keep up with DDs and totally rekt any DD on the other team that's unlucky enough to get spotted, and it can invisitorp BBs, + health regen and what seems like the best armor on a IJN CA befor zao. too OP plz dont nerf:teethhappy:

414 posts
9,477 battles

Atago best T8 CA and best citadel farm.

So fat and thin armored that my 5inch guns can ezly penetrate ww

At least she's better than Hipper, as Hipper is kinda like one-shot manufacturing plant :trollface:

Super Tester
7,768 posts
8,043 battles

atago is more OP in everyway then almost all other T8 CAs in the hands of a experienced player, it can sneak up to unsuspecting CA up to 9.1km and put a volly of AP into their side, it can keep up with DDs and totally rekt any DD on the other team that's unlucky enough to get spotted, and it can invisitorp BBs, + health regen and what seems like the best armor on a IJN CA befor zao. too OP plz dont nerf:teethhappy:

Few days ago had a game where a player in our team in atago ran up to enemy DD and torped him. it was so funny to watch.

Sign in to follow this