You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shibbyland

Warspite

32 comments in this topic

13 posts

Hi All,

I have returned to the game after several weeks of not playing. Has something changed with the Warspite. It used to be a great brawler, it could take lots of hits (especially torpedo hits) but now it get citadel'd as if its a cruiser. I can't get through a battle without taking max damage at least 2 or 3 times and Im not playing any differently to how I normally play.

I've heard theres a bug with the warspite. Is this true?

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,990 battles

Yea , i have noticed that as well.

It seems to take more damage than it use to, and as OPs will soon scream at you, its the only BB that  replenishs its HP more than any other BB as well.

Also its the only BB that seems to get 3-4 fires burning at the same time compared to other BBs in the game. 

Ive played the Warspite the most out of all the ships ive owned in the game, so one does tend to notice things that do change over time.

1,859 posts
5,797 battles

I think it is pretty weak, or my Tirpitz is just too stronk :P I once hit a citadel on warspite that has like 50 degrees angle towards me, on the very point of the bow (lol citadel at the very tip wut) I have also hit a citadel on warspite with my ARP Myoko at almost max range with my AP so I do think there are some problems

10 posts
1 battles

Warspite is too high in the water right now...in 0.5.8 its waterline will be adjusted to match the hull line between the camouflage and the underwater hull, significantly reducing the exposed area above water.

Edited by FirstSeaLord

[R0GUE]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,906 battles

Yea , i have noticed that as well.

It seems to take more damage than it use to, and as OPs will soon scream at you, its the only BB that  replenishs its HP more than any other BB as well.

Also its the only BB that seems to get 3-4 fires burning at the same time compared to other BBs in the game. 

Ive played the Warspite the most out of all the ships ive owned in the game, so one does tend to notice things that do change over time.

Well, fire chances are datamined.

This is Warspite's fire chance modifier: 0.7669.

New Mexico's: 0.8002 (stock) and 0.7669 (top).

Fuso's: 0.8002 (stock) and 0.7669 (top).

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,990 battles

Well, fire chances are datamined.

This is Warspite's fire chance modifier: 0.7669.

New Mexico's: 0.8002 (stock) and 0.7669 (top).

Fuso's: 0.8002 (stock) and 0.7669 (top).

Was waiting for your response :popcorn:

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,990 battles

Never said i didnt believe you. I said i was waiting for you to have your say on it all. But does that take RNG into account?  

[R0GUE]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,906 battles

Never said i didnt believe you. I said i was waiting for you to have your say on it all. But does that take RNG into account?  

RNG affects everyone equally.

If you can prove otherwise, I'm happy to see it.

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

[R0GUE]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,906 battles

Well thats the thing about RNG you cant prove anything about it as WG wont release information on how RNG works etc etc etc 

Burden of proof still lies on your claim.

This is how fire chances will work.

Lets say a shell has 10% fire chance. And a ship has a 0.7669 fire probability.

The shell will now have a 10% x 0.7669 = 7.669% chance to cause a fire i.e. EACH shell has a 7.669% chance to cause a fire.

So lets say you take 5 HE hits. You now have 5 rolls of 7.669% chance to cause a fire.

So. Using the formula P(x) * X where:
X is the number of trials and P(x) is the probability of success.

0.07669 x 5 = 0.38345 = 38.345%

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,990 battles

All i know is my Warspite gets more 3-4 fires on it than any other ship ive played in the game and as ive played my Warspite more than any other ship in the game ive sorta  notice this, and since i dont have access to RNG i can't give you hard proof but its called experience but i guess experience means jack on this server.

[R0GUE]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,906 battles

All i know is my Warspite gets more 3-4 fires on it than any other ship ive played in the game and as ive played my Warspite more than any other ship in the game ive sorta  notice this, and since i dont have access to RNG i can't give you hard proof but its called experience but i guess experience means jack on this server.

Anecdotal evidence is weak evidence. That's why it means jack on the server.

Its the same evidence people use on the NA Server to say that the Russian Cruisers are not underpowered

e.g.

''Some people are bad in it so it's not OP''

''It's doing 10k more average damage than Nurnberg, so it's working as intended''

Basically what you just said

Taken from: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/80742-budyonny-is-still-op-with-stats/

Anecdotal evidence doesn't really stack up to Statistical evidence.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,990 battles

Yea but you cant get statistical evidence when it comes to RNG can you as WG wont release that type of information. 

So the only evidence you can have is experience of a player. 

[TDA]
Alpha Tester
1,701 posts
7,273 battles

I'm not disputing you, but if you have have played Warspite more than any other ship, you will notice more things happening to it, simply because you have played it more. If you have played it 3 times more than other ships, naturally, you will notice 3 times as many fires.

or, it could just be all those old tea leaves lying around that combust easily. Probably is.

[R0GUE]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,906 battles

Yea but you cant get statistical evidence when it comes to RNG can you as WG wont release that type of information. 

So the only evidence you can have is experience of a player. 

But how does RNG apply to fire chances...

When we know how fire chances work in the game?

The only place where RNG comes into play is that of shell ballistics and performance where the shell dispersion is according to the sigma values and their dispersion values.

That is literally the ONLY RNG regarding shell performance.

We know Penetration is a constant value that depreciates over distance.

We know Damage is a fixed value. Either 10%, 33%, 100% or 5%, 16.5%. (Against saturated area)

We know that fire chances are in the above explanation.

Fire chances are not RNG, it is an expected value generator.

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,990 battles

Well im up to tier 9 BBs on IJN and American Lines and naturally if you add all them BB battles together its going to be a lot more battles than what ive played in the Warspite, so taking all that experience from them battles in other BBs and then compare it to the battles ive played in warspite you can notice the difference  in the amount of fires between the different BBs. Also warspite does get set on fire alot more than it use to when it first came into the game. 

[R0GUE]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,906 battles

Well im up to tier 9 BBs on IJN and American Lines and naturally if you add all them BB battles together its going to be a lot more battles than what ive played in the Warspite, so taking all that experience from them battles in other BBs and then compare it to the battles ive played in warspite you can notice the difference  in the amount of fires between the different BBs. Also warspite does get set on fire alot more than it use to when it first came into the game. 

I play my Warspite and I dont catch on fire as often as my other BBs.

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

We know Damage is a fixed value. Either 10%, 33%, 100% or 5%, 16.5%. (Against saturated area)

Just a minor correction: overpen value (10%) is constant regardless of saturation.

Thus, a section with no HP left in it can still take overpen damage.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,990 battles

RNG affects just about everything in the game and fire chance is affected by RNG because how do you explain that some games you can shoot 150 shells get 100 hits and get 1 fire only but then next game get 30 hits for 4 fires for example ?? And you say fire chance is consistent? ? 

Senior Moderator
3,837 posts
2,602 battles

RNG affects just about everything in the game and fire chance is affected by RNG because how do you explain that some games you can shoot 150 shells get 100 hits and get 1 fire only but then next game get 30 hits for 4 fires for example ?? And you say fire chance is consistent? ? 

Think of fire chance as a 6 sided die. To inflict fire, you must roll 6. You might roll the die 100 times and only get 6 once. The die is constant, it never changes, it doesn't suddenly get another side added or subtracted. Fire chance is constant.

[R0GUE]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,906 battles

Lets say a shell has 10% fire chance. And a ship has a 0.7669 fire probability.

The shell will now have a 10% x 0.7669 = 7.669% chance to cause a fire i.e. EACH shell has a 7.669% chance to cause a fire.

So lets say you take 5 HE hits. You now have 5 rolls of 7.669% chance to cause a fire.

So. Using the formula P(x) * X where:
X is the number of trials and P(x) is the probability of success.

0.07669 x 5 = 0.38345 = 38.345%

It is expected that 38.345% of the time you take 5 hits to be set on fire.

Lets say you take 10 hits, it is then expected that you will be set on fire with a 76.69% probability.

Its a probability based on that. So, it is not random. A RNG for fire would be 10 +- 5% chance to set on fire.

The fire chance value is constant. The fire resistance is constant. Therefore, it is not random.

The PROBABILITY of BEING set on fire is calculated through a CONSTANT fire chance against a CONSTANT fire resistance value.

Edited by TE_Deathskyz

[R0GUE]
Super Tester
1,459 posts
6,906 battles

Suppose that I begin a repeated series of taking HE hits where I have a 1/1000 chance of being set of fire during any single attempt.

Now suppose I take 49 HE shells without being set on fire, but on the fiftieth hit I am set on fire.

At that point, what difference does it make whether I get hit 950 times or never take hits again? An obvious difference is that if I continue taking hits, I could be set on fire again. I could be set on fire several times before the 1000th attempt to cross. This will make a difference to the expected number of times I set on fire, which is less than one if I intend to give up after being set on fire once (maximum outcome is 1 but there is a positive probability of outcome 0).

But P(set on fire within 1000 hits) is not expected value. It is simple probability. After hit received number 50, during which I was set on fire, there is nothing I can do to change the fact of whether I have been set on fire. I certainly cannot be un-"set on fire", and likewise there is no way to make the predicate "set on fire within 1000 hits received" any more likely than it already is.

Edited by TE_Deathskyz