You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
chibimon

Manual torpedo drop is OP for experienced CV player

17 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,420 battles

Manual torpedo drop is over power for experienced CV player

I have no idea how can escape from this

Instead of nerfing CV or buff AA gun,

i think leave a method for everyone to escape from an air attack is important

(i also think pilot how to drop torpedo is not a part of captain's job...)

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

come on, not another rant how OP cv are.

OP did you know that you have allied cruiser with defensive fire abilities that spread the drop of enemy torpedo planes? next time try sticking near them.

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,420 battles

i agree to nerf AA gun for long range,

but if there are some 100% cannot escape's air attack i think it is not reasonable

especially for IJN's ships,

i think no CV will bully US ship if you can choose to attack an IJN ship

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,420 battles

I am not asking for nerf CV,

actually I want to buff CV and let it more newbie friendly

at the same time, please leave a way to survive from an air attack and provide a training video to  teach everyone how to survive, although it should be not easy

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

it takes 3-5 minutes for a bombing run depending on distance. if you take little bit of damage from a bombing run then consider yourself lucky. but it only takes 30 second for a battleship gun to reload.

if you a cv player and you spend 3 minutes of game time to bomb a target but only to get your attack completely avoided then what are you reason to even play this tech tree when you can deal more damage in a battleship in that 3 minutes....

Beta Tester
11 posts
1,420 battles

Current version have too much nerf for CV and make most CV player stay at low tier (most of ships has no AA)

This is not a healthy situation

Make CV more powerful, attract more player to play CV line, and provide a way to survive, that's what i want

Beta Tester
2,083 posts
5,169 battles

IMO huge problem with CV is -2/+2 match making. give cv an enemy ship that are two tier below them an they will rekt them in pieces while if you put CV in a with ship that are two tier above them and they got nothing else to do but sink hunt for destroyer then leave the game. specially with the buff on AA of ship there's now way a lower tier CV can engage ship that are two tier higher than them. i wish they only put -1/+1 MM rating for cv.

i really wish the cv will return to high tier battle, currently yamato on high tier will just angle and park their ship and shot enemies at great distance and dealing great amount of damage while they only suffer minor damage when enemy return fires at them.

Edited by yansuki

1,923 posts
4,018 battles

Manual torpedo drop is over power for experienced CV player

I have no idea how can escape from this

Instead of nerfing CV or buff AA gun,

i think leave a method for everyone to escape from an air attack is important

(i also think pilot how to drop torpedo is not a part of captain's job...)

Then start to get use to it and learn how to dodge and evade those torpedos!!! If not train yourself in low tier battle how to do it then.

I am not asking for nerf CV,

actually I want to buff CV and let it more newbie friendly

at the same time, please leave a way to survive from an air attack and provide a training video to  teach everyone how to survive, although it should be not easy

Then go to the website and click training there video already if not go to youtube and type the search there some gameplay video is useful.

Current version have too much nerf for CV and make most CV player stay at low tier (most of ships has no AA)

This is not a healthy situation

Make CV more powerful, attract more player to play CV line, and provide a way to survive, that's what i want

How powerful you want a CV, A CV in USN with rockets and a CV in IJN with Kamikazi that will cause a huge balance issues!!

Super Tester
2,725 posts

The manual drop launch during beta was much closer. Today is longer manual drop to prevent even newbies to do easy manual drop.

So @TS, while you wait for your requested nerf etc. to be implemented. You gotta adapt & find ways to avoid it rather remain to be victim by it.

Edited by Mingfang47

64 posts
274 battles

manual drop is quite easy to do once you know where the arming distance is plus timing and then the enemy's got a very nasty flooding problem...

[BLUMR]
1,134 posts
1,377 battles

The trick isn't to wait and dodge the torpedoes (thought it helps if you know how to), its about being in a position where you can minimalise the damage if not straight up avoid the torpedoes and/or bombs.

So basically speaking, not exposing your broadside to an oncoming TB squadron even if you think hes not aiming for you. If he is aiming for you, he'll spend more time within your AA bubble/allied AA bubble and would lose more planes as tries to make the perfect drop.

2,579 posts
6,713 battles

IMO huge problem with CV is -2/+2 match making. give cv an enemy ship that are two tier below them an they will rekt them in pieces while if you put CV in a with ship that are two tier above them and they got nothing else to do but sink hunt for destroyer then leave the game. specially with the buff on AA of ship there's now way a lower tier CV can engage ship that are two tier higher than them. i wish they only put -1/+1 MM rating for cv.

i really wish the cv will return to high tier battle, currently yamato on high tier will just angle and park their ship and shot enemies at great distance and dealing great amount of damage while they only suffer minor damage when enemy return fires at them.

true. a tier 6 CV against tier 8 CA? bye bye top exp then... you will be at the bottom.

i hope they gave max +1/-1 tier only

450 posts
7,896 battles

The feeling for blowing up an Omaha in my Independence was so good. She took five of my torps and sank in the first minute. 

403 posts
8,166 battles

not just practicing LOTS of practicing that and also trial and error...

Anything in experienced hands becomes OP.

Next thing we know we will have lots of battleship and cruiser captains complaining about Japanese cruisers with stealth builds torpedoing them from stealth (*cough that is how I play my Mogami cough)