Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Moganite

Ranked. how to become more effective. Also toxicity of teammates

4 comments in this topic

332 posts
17,241 battles

After having a bit of frustation with ranked with  not really progressing. I am pondering how I can improve my effectiveness and how I can improve.

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/10074-Moganite-Land-of-Fire

That battle was a loss because I detonated at the end of the battle. Apart from the lack of an antidetonation flag Is there anyway I could of  contributed more?

I might have to upload a couple more replays as this one might not be the best illustration of how I play.

I would prefer to not have the toxic teammates flinging insults like monkeys flinging poo.

Edited by Moganite

211 posts
9,939 battles

The Battle was lost because they lost it, not you. They all died, you were alive and had capped two points.

I'm thinking maybe you should submit a ticket about the Abuse.

But there are factors of your playstyle that i don't agree with

- That approach to B seemed very risky.

- DD's should work in pairs and support each other when they can (my opinion)

- Your early Torpedo's bothered me, I don't think you looked to check to check if your torpedo's are going to cross paths with a friendly.

You were doing what a Destroyer is meant to do, so it's hard to fault. can only say you may have got tunnel vision for the kill towards the end.

I Think You had AFT? well even without you could've Inviso-fired the Fuso from safety and maybe get used to Blyskawica's detection range so you don't get spotted when Torping.

332 posts
17,241 battles

Thank you for your feed back.

The approach I made was a big risk and I was intending that if B was the cap point  the enemy was pushing  I would of fell back towards A.  Better approaches to the east of that large island and in the smaller islands from the south?

Yeah they should I was more concerned with not knowing where the enemy DDs were firing and giving my position away and then giving the enemy warning I was heading to B. It was a hard decision to not support A. I felt capping once we knew where the enemy was approaching from would be more important. might need to rethink that

I wasn't checking for friendlies crossing the path of those  first torps.  I aimed them where I thought an enemy destroyer would camp while capping. I will have to take more care with that.

Tunnel vision is a bit of a weakness of mine

I should of backed off a bit quicker. I don't think they would of  been able to cap out both points in time being that far west. I find it difficult doing stealth torps with such a small buffer. I am relatively close to getting the 15th skill point.

I think I take too many risks and end up getting sunk early on. I cap but then often end up sinking not long afterwards. From what I have observed DD tend to die in the early stages more often

The skills I have are: situational awareness, expert marksman, Superintendent, and AFT. I am currently working on my 15th skill with about 100k xp to go. With 4 skill points unused i was thinking of putting them on other skills and redistributing them when I got the 15th point to get concealment expert.

I am thinking of either getting Demolition expert. or getting several lower level skills like, last stand, BFT and basics of survivability

Edited by Moganite

Sign in to follow this